Why were pet stats nerfed?

in Ranger

Posted by: Calanthe.3857

Calanthe.3857

Traits that previously increased pet condition damage, toughness, and healing power were all changed to remove those increases. I don’t understand why…

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Most likely because of Soulbeast. Traits that affect pets work differently on it. We don’t know how or by how much. It’s safe to say they did this so they (Anet) had an easier time balancing that out.

The most likely case would be it just uses what the pet would have gained. With the traits how they currently are, there are less stats added to the SB elite.

If anything, note that the stat conversion of ET and IR are bugged currently. It converts 7% of the pet’s stats into whatever stat as it does for the player, but then deducts 10pts on the pet only for some weird reason.

It’s just 0.66% more condition duration or a smidgen amount of healing, I know, but a bug’s a bug.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: DocNW.9462

DocNW.9462

Feels like they killed core Ranger to push people towards Soulbeast. My wife refuses to play until it’s fixed… and I am no longer excited about the preview weekend.

Rangers were in a decent place but instead of making them better, they rip away. Why they took toughness (if you chose that trait), healing, responsiveness… makes no sense. Even low to mid level mobs give pets trouble.

If they are going “All In” on this new Barrier mechanic and thinking it will balance it, then it should have been in this patch.

in Ranger

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Traits that previously increased pet condition damage, toughness, and healing power were all changed to remove those increases. I don’t understand why…

My build is already broken. I can’t imagine how bad it’s going to be when the Ex-Pac is released but hints are it’s not going to be ‘better’ for druids and rangers.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

They could have given something back instead of just removing stats from those skills, re-working GFtE so that the toughness didn’t apply to SoulB couldn’t have been too hard. Same goes for the Healing Power from Natural Healing, which was far less useful, but the additional 350 condi damage from Expertise Training is pretty big. Although we get the vitality as a trade off. Just seems lazy to me to just delete it, rather than make it work with SoulB.

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

The healing power for pet on natural healing was useless like 90% of the time.
The new expertise training is actually a better trait now.
Go to the eyes(ppl use this trait?)
Core ranger was actually buffed in most areas.

in Ranger

DocNW.9462

The healing power for pet on natural healing was useless like 90% of the time.
The new expertise training is actually a better trait now.
Go to the eyes(ppl use this trait?)
Core ranger was actually buffed in most areas.

1. Natural Healing worked well on my rangers.

2. Expertise is massively helpful, but only if you are condition focus

3. Go for the Eyes Was extremely helpful for me.

4. I agree

If Natural healing and swap bugs, as well as the druid staff 3 bugs were fixed, this wouldn’t be so problematic, but still a heck of a bad turn.. But the bugs AND the pet nerf make this horrid for people like me. I see no reason why the core ranger needed to be nerfed to help the NEW specialization.

Edited to say: Natural healing isn’t working AT ALL right now. so any debating it’s effectiveness is moot when it is bugged for people who do want to use it.

(edited by DocNW.9462)

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Edited to say: Natural healing isn’t working AT ALL right now. so any debating it’s effectiveness is moot when it is bugged for people who do want to use it.

It’s working for me, what seems to be the problem? It heals the pet, and it generates AF (albeit slower ofc). Just tested – working.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

The healing power gain for pets I believe was buffed since it’s now on instinctive reaction and gives them 7% of their power as Healing Power.

Edit: way overestimated the average power on pets, nope it was a straight up nerf for any of the pets (or Druid/ranger builds) that would actually benefit from healing power.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

(edited by Durzlla.6295)

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

They could have given something back instead of just removing stats from those skills, re-working GFtE so that the toughness didn’t apply to SoulB couldn’t have been too hard.

GftE really needs to be reworked into something involving the pet vs an opponent with weakness. That way, there can be synergy with Winter’s Bite, Protective Ward, and Wilting Strike – among the other sources of weakness built in other pets such as Drakes, Black Bear, and Cave Spider.

As for the stat nerf from ET and NH on pets, those could have been rolled in baseline to pets. Have different tiers of healing power as condition damage had when it was baseline and up the condition damage some to compensate for ET.

Healing power tiers of 150-300-450 would make up for it and have all pets effective with Invigorating Bond, then increase the condition damage tiers from 400-700-1000 to 600-900-1200 on pets. It wouldn’t make up for the 33% condition duration and fall 100 points short that ET once provided, but it’s something.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

DocNW.9462

It’s working for me, what seems to be the problem? It heals the pet, and it generates AF (albeit slower ofc). Just tested – working.

I will put in a ticket then I guess… Combat window only shows signet heals…and if I change that signet….pet gets 0 healing in log or healthbar…none. Maybe it’s a glitch in my acct…

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

They could have given something back instead of just removing stats from those skills, re-working GFtE so that the toughness didn’t apply to SoulB couldn’t have been too hard.

GftE really needs to be reworked into something involving the pet vs an opponent with weakness. That way, there can be synergy with Winter’s Bite, Protective Ward, and Wilting Strike – among the other sources of weakness built in other pets such as Drakes, Black Bear, and Cave Spider…

Cool idea, I like it, inter-specialization synergy like that is needed.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I will put in a ticket then I guess… Combat window only shows signet heals…and if I change that signet….pet gets 0 healing in log or healthbar…none. Maybe it’s a glitch in my acct…

Did you try turning it off and back on again?

I mean the trait… If you haven’t unequipped it since the patch, try that, I dunno just throwing random ideas out there.

in Ranger

DocNW.9462

Did you try turning it off and back on again?

I mean the trait… If you haven’t unequipped it since the patch, try that, I dunno just throwing random ideas out there.

Appreciate the suggestion….I have done half a dozen silly things and nada… not even changing the trait line and back. All my pets are melting in seconds.

Edit: And it’s that way on ALL my rangers… not just one

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

It’s not showing in the combat log, nor “over the head” of the pet. But if you pay attention to your pets healthbar, and AF bar if you run druid, you’ll notice that it is working. Easiest way to test is by letting the pet attack some random mob by himself.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

DocNW.9462

It’s not showing in the combat log, nor “over the head” of the pet. But if you pay attention to your pets healthbar, and AF bar if you run druid, you’ll notice that it is working. Easiest way to test is by letting the pet attack some random mob by himself.

Did that on all my Rangers, including Druid… No uptick in health…not even after fight before automatic full heal. I noticed the problem by the health bar not recovering in the first place… then started a deeper look. And I double checked the AF bar on my druid…with signet of renewal off and pet only attacking…no heals to pet…and no movement on AF bar…

in Ranger

Posted by: Calanthe.3857

Calanthe.3857

I’m not good with numbers but I think the loss of pet condi damage really hurt my Rabid build in PvP.