Will I have to go Druid?

Will I have to go Druid?

in Ranger

Posted by: Swag.5483

Swag.5483

I love playing ranger, specifically long bow and great sword. I pvp and pve with that set and enjoy the play style. My concern tho is when Druid comes out will he become a better version then our current specs that will make people say In like pve “o invite the ranger, but only if he comes as Druid”. I’m sad to say but if Druid becomes a specialztion that we HAVE to play because maybe it’s utility or superior party set up is the best, I’m going to have to think kitten a different class to play… What do all you think? Will Druid outshine or will there still be room for all of rangers specializations?

Will I have to go Druid?

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

We have no idea what Druid will be like other than unlocking the staff.

There should definitely still be room for other builds than Drud.

Will I have to go Druid?

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Ranger’s DPS is one of the highest.
If druid turns out to be a support of sorts, I believe our DPS role will still be a thing on it’s own.

Well, if you are not fine adapting at all, I’d say you do not even run a Frost Spotter – which is a common reason for being kicked out of Meta Runs even today.

You wouldn’t pick a condi warrior without PS either, would you?
If it’s still bothering you that much – make your own runs made of random people without presumptions and prejudges just like without class/build requirements. It will take 3 times as long to complete, but no one will tell you to respec to meta.

That should solve your concerns and answer your question. For the time being, no one knows what will a druid bring.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

Will I have to go Druid?

in Ranger

Posted by: Swag.5483

Swag.5483

What weapon combination makes Rangers dps one of the highest? Sw/axe?

Will I have to go Druid?

in Ranger

Posted by: EvilZombie.6801

EvilZombie.6801

wut? one of the highest dps and i wonder why rangers are complaining we got kick in dungeon and etc

Will I have to go Druid?

in Ranger

Posted by: HotHit.6783

HotHit.6783

Yep, specifically our maximum damage output is obtained by an absolutely perfect scenario where we can spam sword autos and land both hits of Path of Scars off cooldown. Opening and closing the fight with a longbow burst for a quick bit extra. With Berserker gear of course.

However, Sw/Axe is not better than Sinister double Axe/Torch in many realistic scenarios. I’d take note that the Sinister build relies on how horrendously high burning’s damage is, so upcoming nerfs/power shifts are plausible.

Never Fight Alone” – Sunspear Creed
There, it’s dead and it’s never coming back!” – Famous last words

Will I have to go Druid?

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Sinister Trapper with Sun Spirit. A/T on both hands (Bonfire CD brought down to every weapon swap).

If we are talking Berserker – we have one of the highest tunnel patterns (high DPS for a limited amount of time) LB > S/A.
If the question is about long-term direct DPS, Remorseless GS+S/A swapping all the way.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

Will I have to go Druid?

in Ranger

Posted by: Darkness.9732

Darkness.9732

Since ranger is the worst class in gw2, druid will be the worst spec in gw2. So for me you shouldn’ t go druid..you should change class

Will I have to go Druid?

in Ranger

EvilZombie.6801

Since ranger is the worst class in gw2, druid will be the worst spec in gw2. So for me you shouldn’ t go druid..you should change class

LOL ! noice answer

Will I have to go Druid?

in Ranger

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

Darkness is known for his dark outlook on the Ranger…

SEE WHAT I DID THERE????

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

Will I have to go Druid?

in Ranger

Posted by: Redemer.2601

Redemer.2601

I have played Ranger I have stayed a Ranger and I will DIE a Ranger

lol maybe not that but I hope you get the point

Will I have to go Druid?

in Ranger

Posted by: Harnel.6810

Harnel.6810

Some would argue that Necromancer is the worst class, but the Reaper is awash with awesome; even perennial gripers on the necro forum love Reaper.

Hold your horses until we actually see what the Druid does.

Will I have to go Druid?

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

I’ve already Reserved a Cleric’s Staff in my bank ready for Druid with my spare Zealots trinkets , really hoping its a Nature version of bunker cleric guard with these Wards you are talking about it’ll be some awsome Damage/support , i just want to know how Anet will be including the pet , will it be weapon buffs , while the pet is inside the warding area it gets a increase in stats effecting all Minons/pets.

though the down side is if druid went this way , we would have Power/Control/Support + effective pet damage and with how Wilderness is our only strong condi removal we would trade Marksman/skirmishing for more support or Pet damage while improving support with the Druid line.

so clearly giving up personal power or Condi clears, using Evasive Purity for minor condi removals + (if druid staff has anything that Helps reduce condi durations or Remove them? staff skill 5 Lifes Warden? just a made up name) with wards Conditions reducing them by 33%?

this is the kind of thing i Wish for.
its a option but at one of two costs.

Will I have to go Druid?

in Ranger

EvilZombie.6801

im sure nothing is going to replace greatsword from my slot ….. i hope staff could replace my LB

greatsword is too good to be replaced by anything it gives you block, swoop, a daze and a AOE tagging maul

Will I have to go Druid?

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

hehe quickdraw Wards..

Will I have to go Druid?

in Ranger

Posted by: Adjust.6903

Adjust.6903

Gonna feel like a proper shepherd with my stick and dog. #onemanandhisdog life complete. don’t care if ranger is the worst class ingame, I’ll role play the kitten out of this. Brb actually grew up on a farm with collies. Life into game win.

Will I have to go Druid?

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Gonna feel like a proper shepherd with my stick and dog. #onemanandhisdog life complete. don’t care if ranger is the worst class ingame, I’ll role play the kitten out of this. Brb actually grew up on a farm with collies. Life into game win.

best comment of the week

Will I have to go Druid?

in Ranger

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

Revs don’t need to use shield. Chronomancer’s don’t need to use the shield. Eles don’t even want to use warhorn. Reaper doesn’t need greatsword (though it’s really good). Don’t know or care about dragonhunter.

Chances are, you’ll be fine.

Will I have to go Druid?

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Nobody is going to force you to play it.

BUT, reading through the original post, yes, if druid is more optimal to run, groups looking to optimize will ask you to run it.

However, you will more than likely see distinction in game as ANet intended, where people will call Druid players druids, and Ranger base classes with no druid line rangers, in order to distinguish the difference.

So, as there are many people who support the “play how/what you want” decision, there should be a disclaimer saying that NOBODY gets to play what they want when they are optimizing, only how they want (aka optimal is a playstyle option, not a build option, and relies just as much on builds as it does the skill and know-how of players playing them).

So if you’re worried, honestly just try to avoid the groups you get an “elitist vibe” from. I’d say that’s probably sound advice for most of the people who play to enjoy themselves though lol.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

Will I have to go Druid?

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

You won’t have to go Druid if they make it like the Tempest lol

Will I have to go Druid?

in Ranger

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Mythology.

Gone to Reddit.

Will I have to go Druid?

in Ranger

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

I love playing ranger, specifically long bow and great sword. I pvp and pve with that set and enjoy the play style. My concern tho is when Druid comes out will he become a better version then our current specs that will make people say In like pve “o invite the ranger, but only if he comes as Druid”. I’m sad to say but if Druid becomes a specialztion that we HAVE to play because maybe it’s utility or superior party set up is the best, I’m going to have to think kitten a different class to play… What do all you think? Will Druid outshine or will there still be room for all of rangers specializations?

Elite specs are not meant to be stronger , better choces, they are simply different choices. So don’t worry, you’re build will be fine, you wont be forced to become druid because they won’t be stronger/better, just different