Will balance update reduce need for Emp Bond?

in Ranger

Posted by: Bredin.5368

Bredin.5368

The upcoming balance patch will allow 2 sigils for 2 handed weapons AND alter the “on crit” sigils to proc 100% of the time when a crit occurs.

I was wondering how this might alter our reliance on EB for condition removal. If one specs with SOR (1 condition per 10 seconds) and has both Sigil of Generosity and Sigil of Purity on both weapon sets, you will essentially be guaranteed of removing about 3 conditions per 10 seconds (the cooldown for the sigils is 10 secs), with 1 of those conditions being transferred to your target. This is assuming you have a decent crit rate you will be reliably crit’ing every 4 or 5 attacks.

This set up (SOR on utility, sigil of generosity, sigil of purity) will produce better results than EB, because it won’t kill your pet, doesn’t go away when your pet dies, and transfers 1 condition. You’ll give up offensive sigils, but you will no longer need 30 in NM.

Alternatively, if you kept EB, you’d be dropping 6 conditions every 10 seconds or so.

What are people’s thoughts? Will this open up build diversity?

in Ranger

Posted by: AEFA.9035

AEFA.9035

The upcoming balance patch will allow 2 sigils for 2 handed weapons AND alter the “on crit” sigils to proc 100% of the time when a crit occurs.

I was wondering how this might alter our reliance on EB for condition removal. If one specs with SOR (1 condition per 10 seconds) and has both Sigil of Generosity and Sigil of Purity on both weapon sets, you will essentially be guaranteed of removing about 3 conditions per 10 seconds (the cooldown for the sigils is 10 secs), with 1 of those conditions being transferred to your target. This is assuming you have a decent crit rate you will be reliably crit’ing every 4 or 5 attacks.

This set up (SOR on utility, sigil of generosity, sigil of purity) will produce better results than EB, because it won’t kill your pet, doesn’t go away when your pet dies, and transfers 1 condition. You’ll give up offensive sigils, but you will no longer need 30 in NM.

Alternatively, if you kept EB, you’d be dropping 6 conditions every 10 seconds or so.

What are people’s thoughts? Will this open up build diversity?

Would be good if true. Though I never really had a problem now with condition build spec opponents. I used to had a problem with them, until I learned how to play properly with my Ranger and kill them off before they kill me.

Sword is what I use main hand/ x ; longbow

Yes I am power build.

Success is my only option, failure is not.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bredin.5368

Bredin.5368

Me too! LB and S/x, usually Dagger. I don’t have too much of problem either, but I do run EB. My hope is that I might not need to…

in Ranger

Posted by: Noobie.1073

Noobie.1073

This will open build diversity for everyone unfortunately. GS warriors in general have very good condition mitigation. So while we finally get the nice condi-removal you mentioned, I can’t help but think how much more powerful the power builds of other opposing classes will be.

Theoretically, instead of EB we can take Bark skin for damage mitigation, but the health threshold makes it unattractive to get bark skin at your last 1/4 of life when HS spamming thieves will simply pull the trigger over and over.

I’ve lost all faith in Anet’s balance team. TBH If they just reverse pet nerf and SB range nerf, i’d be content.

I Cha Cha I – Mediocre Ranger at best
Mao Xiong – Worst Warrior GW2

in Ranger

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

they will rework sigils-runes..They wont leave it this way.I geuss they will increase some ICD so we cant be sure by now..

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Short answer is no.

I will get more condi stacks from the same update. Maybe tormenting and earth sigil.

Ranger | Elementalist

in Ranger

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

Ryan said it well, if this is true about the guaranteed on crit change, then you will also see a lot more conditions flying around. Also, could you link the official post where it says that it’s being changed to 100% on crit, simply because I haven’t heard of that change.

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

The thing is that every class will have access to 2 sigil’s and therefore the answer is no.

We need better condition cleanse mechanics, as simple as that.

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

Please don’t give Anet any other ideas for excuses why Rangers are ‘fine’. I can see it now—they will say ‘we gave you guys 2 sigils, consider that a buff!’ when literally every other class gets the same thing.

I agree about the condi cleanse. It should not be range dependent, tied to my heal, or tied to my pet…just change the signet to clear all conditions on demand.

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Ryan said it well, if this is true about the guaranteed on crit change, then you will also see a lot more conditions flying around. Also, could you link the official post where it says that it’s being changed to 100% on crit, simply because I haven’t heard of that change.

I think they listed it in the video. They didn’t say how they would change the Minor to Superior system though I suspect it will mean a change in cooldowns instead of proc chance.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

I think they listed it in the video. They didn’t say how they would change the Minor to Superior system though I suspect it will mean a change in cooldowns instead of proc chance.

I heard that cooldowns would be affected, not proc chance, not sure though

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.