Will spirits no longer move?

in Ranger

Posted by: MooCube.1450

MooCube.1450

Q:

With the upcoming trait changes, will spirits no longer move?

I can’t find confirmation one way or another. Or do you think that will be part of the druid line?

Elwick Saberlin: Tarnished Coast
http://seekersofmaguuma.enjin.com/

in Ranger

Posted by: Blanche Neige.7241

Blanche Neige.7241

If that’s the case, then they can as well delete those skills entirely from the list.

They were already not much used, if they are static no one will bother to use them.

That mean they would be useful at a few specific times, when the fight are static and last more than a few seconds.

In PvE that would be against some bosses, champions and some dynamic events. Most players will not bother and will equip skills that are useful everywhere instead.

Why does Anet hates Rangers so much?

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

You could not move them in GW1 and they were still very viable. They just had a bigger range. I’m hoping that is the case now too, if they increased the range, it would be even better than them moving as you could place them out of the way and random AoE would not kill em.
Frost Spirit is better than before as you can just kill it off when you move on in a dungeon.
Nature’s Vengeance could be very nice, depending on the boons it gives. If they are good, (ie Stone Spirit protection buff with Nature’s Vengeance, pulsing stability) then spirits will be a thing. If not, then they will see no use, still.

There are safe places to put them, learn to find them and non-moving spirits are fine. Strategic placement.

in Ranger

Posted by: Reelix.6319

Reelix.6319

A: No, they will no longer move, and there is currently no way to get them to move.

in Ranger

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

In GW1 they were static, yes, but they affected an enormous area and affected everything in that area (no limit of targets) and 100% of chance of that effect, the only downside is that it effected literally everything, enemies and allies.
BTW, they didn’t increased the range of the spirits effect, just the area of the spirit’s active abilities (which now sacrifice it) and since those are stationary now you’ll rarely hit anything.
Only thing that could give any use for the spirits are the boons as you mentioned Heimskarl .
Also, we could already “kill” the frost spirit in dungeons by changing the skill and then getting frost back in.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

If they didn’t increase the range of the passive effect, then they are totally useless outside Frost-spotter in dungeons. The range of the passive is 1000, I was hoping they would increase that by 50% as well, then you could place it strategically somewhere like you did with GW1 spirits.

Yeah, I know you can do that with the spirits now, I just hate doing that, I don’t think it was intended. I’ll just pop it a few seconds before the boss dies and start the CD.

Actually, if the boons have a 1000 range, I think they will still be useable, I just wish they left the activate on death part of Nature’s Vengeance, assuming the death did not come from your own activation. No penalty for attacking them now if you do not notice someone meleeing it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Yeah, spirits went from bad to worse.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

There’s still a last hope, Druids in GW1 were spirits, so maybe the spec is a link to that and will give us spirit-related toys. The movement seems gone for good though, and it’s a major pity: underwater swimming with coloured spirit dolphins was one of the game’s prettiest sights ever. I leveled a Sylvari ranger just for that.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in Ranger

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

Where does it say that spirits won’t be able to move? Isn’t spirits unbound a master trait? I don’t see anything that says that they are removing that trait. Or did I miss something?

Local Charr Ruins Everything

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

You definitely missed something.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

@Mcrocha:
Look at dulfy.net. They have documented all the upcoming changes that are scheduled to go into effect next week on Tues, June 23.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

they way i see it is .

1. large active abilities
2. they said they are going to add pulsing boons onto the passive abilities
3. so to not loose those boons or Passive 75% chance effects you;ll place them on stairs or entrance ways away from cleaving damage , and then anyone running away or running into the cap point through those gate ways you can pre-trigger its ability so even if they have ran past the spirit like 200yards it will still hit.

atleast this way they don;t die from cleave(one more reason why i rather not have them following me only to die again not getting any benifit then it goes on a 30sec cooldown) keeping moving spirits kinda goes against their effectiveness.

in Ranger

Posted by: Pinkerton.5643

Pinkerton.5643

I actually kinda hate that I can’t get my spirits to follow me anymore. I really hope they give spirits more functionality with the druid. I mean, I’m glad that the elite for them gives them increased range, but I like to do sPvP with them and the nice thing about the follow is that you don’t feel like you’ve wasted the CD when you cast them and then have to rush off somewhere else. It’s especially helpful with the spirit elite. I’ve always run a spirit build on my ranger. I love those little guys.

in Ranger

Posted by: Krew.3081

Krew.3081

I agree, they should revisit the spirits, at least make them able to follow you. They’re such a waste.

in Ranger

Posted by: Renn.8241

Renn.8241

I agree, they should revisit the spirits, at least make them able to follow you. They’re such a waste.

A waste is bumping a thread from ages ago.
Spirits are fine.
Stick to more recent treads.

~Renn~ Jade Quarry – Norn, – Ranger.