Will we have Druid before Beta 2?

in Ranger

Posted by: RavenRecoil.6103

RavenRecoil.6103

I believe the Druid was the first specialization Anet announced and yet its one of the last to be revealed to us. Ranger is my main so I would love to see some more on the Druid Anet. Will we be able to play it before beta weekend 2?

I am a hardcore casual player at best!!
Always up wind from my prey. I want them to smell my farts!

in Ranger

Posted by: Radnar.9814

Radnar.9814

Anet famously does not give a crap about Rangers, expect it to be the last reveal.

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

No. On September 4th will be the new beta weekend, but Ranger and Engineer won’t be included.

If Rangers and Engineers get to be tested in a beta weekend, it’ll probably be on September 18th at the earliest.

in Ranger

Posted by: HotHit.6783

HotHit.6783

Nope, I blame it on developers wasting time giving Revenant the weapon swap it was never designed to have.

I mean, I suppose they could make the two most awesome elite spec concepts a footnote on the reveal this weekend, but that would be extremely unfair to the players of those elite specs.

Never Fight Alone” – Sunspear Creed
There, it’s dead and it’s never coming back!” – Famous last words

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Anet famously does not give a crap about Rangers…

Funny that I keep reading this about every class on every forum.

in Ranger

Posted by: Radnar.9814

Radnar.9814

No doubt, but to be fair Ranger is and has been out of the meta in every area of the game for most of guild wars 2. Other than the times when engi or necro have sunk lower than them, rangers have been the bottom of the table.

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

I’d be surprised if we have Druid for HoT release at this point.

in Ranger

Posted by: Rizo.9534

Rizo.9534

No mater when druid will be released.

Only thing i care, that druid have to be good in tpvp.
Atm it’s good only on low rating pvp arenas.

in Ranger

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

My thoughts exactly. Every time I go looking for a class to main, all I’m met with on the forums is “DON’T DO IT, WE SUCK AND WILL NEVER GET BETTER”.

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tora.7214

Tora.7214

there might still be a chance for another specialization reveal next week, even if it doesnt actually (and probably wouldnt because it would cause the rage of the last remaining class spec) make it into BW2.

i mean, they didnt let PAX stop them from doing a PoI reveal, i dont see why a BW would stop them from doing another one and leave it for BW3

in Ranger

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

there might still be a chance for another specialization reveal next week, even if it doesnt actually (and probably wouldnt because it would cause the rage of the last remaining class spec) make it into BW2.

i mean, they didnt let PAX stop them from doing a PoI reveal, i dont see why a BW would stop them from doing another one and leave it for BW3

I kinda doubt it, given that their Beta Weekend announcement specifically mentioned the unreleased Thief Elite without saying anything about Engineer or Ranger.

You’ll be able to try out the chronomancer, dragonhunter, reaper, and tempest, as well as the newly announced elite specializations: berserker, and herald, as well as the thief specialization we’ll announce later this week.

It would definitely be neat, though! One person theorized (maybe here, maybe elsewhere, I can’t remember) that they’d release both Ranger and Engineer at the same time, so that no one has to be “last”. It’s unlikely that they’d put that much thought into it, but it would be cool. :P

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

I do think that there is a potential problem of the ranger community not getting adequate time to give feedback that will make a difference.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Ranger

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

That is the problem, Bran. Those of us who’ve been here for over a year know this is going to be a HUGE issue. For Rangers and Engineers.

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

in Ranger

Holland.9351

The release date is now officially October 23.

The earliest chance for a new reveal is on friday september 11.
The earliest chance of the final reveal is on friday september 18.
The earliest chance of a beta weekend will be on september 25.

4 weeks after that they’ll release the game.

in Ranger

Posted by: wolfyrik.2017

wolfyrik.2017

It’s what I’ve come to expect from Anet. The class with arguably the worst mechanic, who elite will require the most work and testing if it’s going to alleviate that mechanic, will get the least test time.

Ranger was an afterthought class. In beta it was cobbled together last minute with mostly disastrous results, from a mix of failed, unusable classes. A rushed job, that played like a rushed job. Why should the Elite spec be any different?

in Ranger

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

My thoughts exactly. Every time I go looking for a class to main, all I’m met with on the forums is “DON’T DO IT, WE SUCK AND WILL NEVER GET BETTER”.

Ask them if they’d swap their position in the meta of Guild Wars 2 with Ranger. That will always be a resounding no.

in Ranger

Holland.9351

I’m hoping it won’t be as bad as I fear it might be. So I guess I still have some hope left.

If it’s good, I’m curious how good it’ll be.
If it’s bad, I’m curious how hilariously bad it’ll be.

in Ranger

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

Nope. Only 1 beta weekend to test the Druid. Isn’t that nice.

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

in Ranger

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

I am reminded of the beta week ends right before launch when the pets didn’t work.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Ranger

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

This is horribly disappointing. We’ll have only 1 weekend to test Druid, that isn’t enough. We all know from playing revenant and the other elite specs how much work and feedback was needed for them. How on earth will that happen for druid? Unless druid is almost perfect, I fear that things are going to be a mess for us.

in Ranger

Posted by: Curring.9752

Curring.9752

They’re releasing the e-specs when they’re more or less finalized, Druid was the first to be teased at. After the trailer aired people were already QQing about the staff ability, I believe it may have been vastly overhauled from it’s original iteration which is why it’s nearing the last – they already mentioned that some specs saw overhauls in areas during development.

It’s not much to go on but I’m holding out hope.

In the greater blob of things, there is only the zerg.
Kittens, Kittens everywhere!

in Ranger

Posted by: Informer.5213

Informer.5213

I did a little looking around, just out of curiosity. Here’s a list of the most recent red post from the class forums:

Elementalist: Page 3
Engineer: Page 1
Guardian: Page 2
Mesmer: Page 1
Necromancer: Page 1
Revenant: Page 1
Thief: Page 1
Warrior: Page 3
And finally Ranger: Page 16.

Take that how you will.

Leoth Shadowclaw – Ranger, Tarnished Coast.

in Ranger

Posted by: felixdacat.3804

felixdacat.3804

I did a little looking around, just out of curiosity. Here’s a list of the most recent red post from the class forums:

Elementalist: Page 3
Engineer: Page 1
Guardian: Page 2
Mesmer: Page 1
Necromancer: Page 1
Revenant: Page 1
Thief: Page 1
Warrior: Page 3
And finally Ranger: Page 16.

Take that how you will.

I wanted to expand on this a little since some of those red posts are from old threads. From a quick glance in each forum, here are the last dates for red posts:

Ele: August 14
Engi: August 16
Guard: August 20
Mes: August 27
Necro: August 25
Rev: August 26
Thief: August 29
Warrior: August 21

Ranger: JULY 5

in Ranger

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

Funnily enough I went and did that myself! At the time we were Page 13 for a red post.