Wilting Strike Doesn't work with HoT Pets

in Ranger

Posted by: helter.8015

helter.8015

It appears Wilting Strike does not work with HoT pets. Ones I’ve tested: Bristle Back, Smokescale and Tiger.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Same for Companion’s Might, except it works on the Tiger. I guess they didn’t code something that flags the new pets as… pets.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I posted the Wilting Strikes bug during beta. Shame that its been ignored, though not entirely surprising.

in Ranger

Posted by: XDeadzX.2581

XDeadzX.2581

Same for Companion’s Might, except it works on the Tiger. I guess they didn’t code something that flags the new pets as… pets.

This is wrong. Companion might works on both the smokescale, and the bristleback. Just tested it in PvE.

As for wilting strike, I can confirm it doesn’t work with any of the HOT pets. Smokescale, tiger, bristleback, Lightning Wyvern and Fire Wyvern. None of them apply weakness.

(edited by XDeadzX.2581)

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

This is wrong. Companion might works on both the smokescale, and the bristleback. Just tested it in PvE.

Check the bleed on crit on basic attacks. I tested it only 2 days ago. Smokescale, Bristleback, and both Wyverns don’t inflict bleeding. Also, make sure you know Smokescale auto has a bleed already on it. Also, Bristleback has a passive skill that applies bleeding on its next 5 attacks. Don’t get those mixed up when testing.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Yikes! Thanks for the info… I’ve been using HoT pets with this all along not knowing. Man I should really test stuff before settling on a build. LoL!

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Yikes! Thanks for the info… I’ve been using HoT pets with this all along not knowing. Man I should really test stuff before settling on a build. LoL!

I actually LAUGH at Metabattle suggesting Wilting Strike in the PVP Druid build..

I found out it doesn’t work on new pets and pick Natural healing all along.

Never trust Metabattle completely.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

I actually LAUGH at Metabattle suggesting Wilting Strike in the PVP Druid build..

The metabattle even suggest Wilderness Knowledge without any Survival skills.
A build rated 4,75+. I lost faith in Ranger players every since and I never ask for help from anyone regarding the class.
Why would I when I realize I know the class better than most of the hardcore elitists?

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

I tested all HoT pets in HoTM and they indeed do not proc the weakness

meh, cant believe I havent noticed this until I took off Nature magic :/

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

A build rated 4,75+. I lost faith in Ranger players every since and I never ask for help from anyone regarding the class.
Why would I when I realize I know the class better than most of the hardcore elitists?

Ha, ha, the Meta battle build is horribly wrong for Druid. The strongest Druid build is not even posted. MetaBattle is almost always wrong for the Ranger class.

Edit: looks like they finally got around to fixing it, minus wilting strike and maybe the choice of sigils. But I can see why they posted those sigils.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

(edited by Archon.6480)

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Metabattle is probably written by non-_ profession players, and many of the builds are just copied directly from the pro league.

This forum, however, is a wealth of info on ranger minutia, and the combined knowledge of about 40 of the best posters covers literally everything there is to know about ranger, far more than even the devs know. So I don’t trust metabattle other than for a head start on a profession I don’t know how to play, but I do trust the profession forums.

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

Metabattle is probably written by non-_ profession players, and many of the builds are just copied directly from the pro league.

This forum, however, is a wealth of info on ranger minutia, and the combined knowledge of about 40 of the best posters covers literally everything there is to know about ranger, far more than even the devs know. So I don’t trust metabattle other than for a head start on a profession I don’t know how to play, but I do trust the profession forums.

I like hanging around in forums specifically because of the high variety of ideas and opinions. I loathe the elitist heroes who claim to know everything best and there’s no better opinion than theirs.
I love the common people that gather around and try to get better, alone or together. For those people I’ll do as many calculations, tests and I’ll share everything I’ve learned so far over and over again.

And they’ll teach me something back. For example, I have almost forgotten about Wilting Strike bug and I literally thought they already fixed it. How could have I trusted ANet to do something right, I wonder.
I’m glad to have you all around.

in Ranger

Posted by: Skullface.7293

Skullface.7293

Hard to hope for anet to do something right after that 400% nerf Lingering Light got a while ago. I’m not surprised at all they haven’t fixed Wilting Strike yet, if ever.

Hiro || Talgo
Main: Ranger
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/hirothebeast

in Ranger

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

What about Moment of Clarity? I’m pretty sure it used to show a little icon in the buff bar when it procs or am I just delusional?

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

As for wilting strike, I can confirm it doesn’t work with any of the HOT pets. Smokescale, tiger, bristleback, Lightning Wyvern and Fire Wyvern. None of them apply weakness.

I made some testing and found the source of the bug.
It’s not like HoT pets are not coded as pets. It’s just that their auto-attacks are not set as auto-attacks.

You can check it by taking sharpening edges (which I believe is the reason some people thought it works) and see that “crits by you or your pet” do inflict bleeding.
It’s just that Companion’s Might does not recognize HoT pets’ attacks as auto-attacks.
That being said – Tiger uses the same spell ID for auto-attacks as other felines.

It’s just new breeds that need to have the abilities defined in order to work with this trait.