Woah what build is this?! Amazing!

in Ranger

Posted by: Psych.8169

Psych.8169

I’d heard the word on the street was Ranger needed some rework, but this guy was fantastic! What build do you think he was running?

in Ranger

Posted by: Kaga.9274

Kaga.9274

Check description on the video? lol

in Ranger

Posted by: Italyguy.4128

Italyguy.4128

Check description on the video? lol

That is the build for the Ele.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sleepy.2647

Sleepy.2647

You don’t need any special build to beat an ele as a ranger…and if he used wolf/dog it would have been much worse for you :P

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Not surprised the ele lost, he had Micheal Bay dancing around him filming the fight.

in Ranger

Psych.8169

Sorry I didn’t notice that Youtube screwed with my video Any ideas how to get rid of that kitten? Its normal on my computer…

No comments about the ranger build? It may just be that I’ve only played bad rangers but I’ve never faced one with that kind of sustain before!

in Ranger

Psych.8169

Ah I think I fixed the video. Youtube was “autostabalizing” it and messing it up. The edits will take a bit to fix though sorry bout that xD

in Ranger

Posted by: Trishlicious.2657

Trishlicious.2657

My guess just from playing a ranger and looking in the wiki… Others might have a better description or example. Anyone else with a possible built type?

Weapon: Short Bow

Skills:

Signet of Stone
Signet of Renewal
Protect Me

Traits:

Steady Focus
Sharpened Edges
Carnivorous Appetite
Primal Reflexes
Shared Anquish
Oakheart Salve
Nature’s Bounty

As mentioned above about defeating Elementalists, I tend to be able to take on a target in WvW and defeat them; it is groups that are difficult to deal with but most 1-on-1 situations I am able to win.

(edited by Trishlicious.2657)

in Ranger

Posted by: Yraen.9801

Yraen.9801

The problem I see is: You keep losing your target for no apparent reason. You should check into not clearing your target constantly, that’d help.

in Ranger

Posted by: Braxxis.7062

Braxxis.7062

Dropping targets constantly when they go out of your sight is a known bug, not much he can do about it unless he cranks his mouse camera sensitivity up and just keeps spinning his camera around.

Nahla Lisandril / Ashelia Morin / Craulk
Yolaine / Orindine / Maliasera
~ Among the Ashes [Dust] ~

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

My guess just from playing a ranger and looking in the wiki… Others might have a better description or example. Anyone else with a possible built type?

Weapon: Short Bow

Skills:

Signet of Stone
Signet of Renewal
Protect Me

Traits:

Steady Focus
Sharpened Edges
Carnivorous Appetite
Primal Reflexes
Shared Anquish
Oakheart Salve
Nature’s Bounty

As mentioned above about defeating Elementalists, I tend to be able to take on a target in WvW and defeat them; it is groups that are difficult to deal with but most 1-on-1 situations I am able to win.

There was definitely Quickening Zephyr in there, I saw the debuff under his health bar.

in Ranger

Psych.8169

Dropping targets constantly when they go out of your sight is a known bug, not much he can do about it unless he cranks his mouse camera sensitivity up and just keeps spinning his camera around.

Is this a known bug? I kept being switched to targeting his pet but wasn’t sure why. Keeping on top of targeting is also one of the higher skill caps of playing Elementalist cause you’re often spamming too many keys to take time to tab correctly. Watching the replay, I’m sure that if I played it a bit better I could have won, but I’m assuming the same thing goes for him!

This is honestly the first 1v1 that wasn’t against a guardian that I didn’t win. Before this, Guardian’s were the only class i’d played against that could sustain as much as my build (I’ve mostly played sPvP so probably just because everyone is a glass cannon thief xD ). Its really great to see people branching out with their builds and making the combat more interesting!