Would this trait idea be op?

in Ranger

Posted by: Goldenrevolver.4371

Goldenrevolver.4371

with all these changes to rangers to force us to get a bow again i thought about a trait maybe even grandmaster i dont know
so the idea is that youre running as fast youre running forward when youre running backwards
would that be op, strong or have i been wrong and its weak

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Ranger

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

So you want a trait called strafing?

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Ranger

Posted by: Domey.9804

Domey.9804

A nice idea. But escaping at max speed while dealing full dmg is a Bit strong. I think it should be at max 25% Not 33%. An enemy with swiftness could still catch you.
Would solve a Lot Problems with rangers bows

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Prysin actually suggested something like this in another thread and I actually think it would be cool. Making the class faster and more agile feeling while also giving them a clear advantage when kiting an opponent is very in theme with the class.

But as Domey said, it couldn’t be permanent. I believe Prysin’s suggestion was for us to effectively gain the Elementalist’s ‘super speed’ buff after dodging?

Prysin’s post:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/Ranger-Balance-Post-CDI/page/16#post3837837

(edited by Atherakhia.4086)

in Ranger

Domey.9804

Oh i Do think it could be permanent. Just Not swiftness speed. A good skirmishing gm trait.

Engis Do it all Day, running in circles spamming their aoe behind.

(edited by Domey.9804)

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I’d say make it so we just don’t get a movement penalty when moving in a direction that’s not forward. I mean I’d personally say allow swiftness to apply seeing as how it allows Melee to close gaps and do more damage, may as well give us a little edge to do more damage too, maybe make it so that we’re capped at +25% speed while going backward as someone else stated just to make sure it’s not TOO strong.

Imo, this would totally be a GM trait, I’d probably throw it in like skirmishing or something, but who knows where it’ll end up.

PS: Super Speed (like the ele has) only applies to forward movement and will not boost any other directional speed.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

That’s one of biggest issues I have with the game currently and I’ve spoken about this numerous times.

One of my suggestions was to merge some trait to give certain weapons, like bows this line:
“Can be used when retreating”.
It’s a line from Quick Shot. It could work without evade on non-channeled skills (Rapid Fire should be removed anyway and applied as a effect… “Symbiosis, Ranger & CDI” thread is still work in progress mind you ) and allow to perform that mini-disengage from foe when turning directly to fire and not lose any speed.

If they fix strafe, they fix 50% of Longbow Ranger issues, honest opinion. At least in PvP

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

in Ranger

Domey.9804

Thats exactly What i meant Durzlla, i just Lack english skills to explain correctly.

in Ranger

Posted by: solrik.6028

solrik.6028

Or instead of read the wind, we would get something like “Bow mastery” or “Archery expertise” that allows rangers to move in any direction without any penalty but directions that otherwise have a penalty without the trait wouldn’t be affected by any other movement speed modifier.

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Thats exactly What i meant Durzlla, i just Lack english skills to explain correctly.

I gotcha man!! Figured that’s what you were going so, it’s something I’ve been hoping we’d get for a while myself.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna