Wow.. Rangers...

Wow.. Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

So my thief just downed a ranger.

After almost downing it, the rangers pet interrupts me, then starts chasing me around as I try and kill it. Then downs me with a 6k hit.

Then it proceeds to rez the downed ranger, then they both destroy me.

Fun fun fun!

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Wow.. Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

Sad story Stop playing glass cannon?

All is vain.

Wow.. Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Gadzooks.4687

Gadzooks.4687

After almost downing it, the rangers pet interrupts me, then starts chasing me around as I try and kill it. Then downs me with a 6k hit.

Fun fun fun!

Next time dont use up all your init spamming HS

Wow.. Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Fun fun fun!

I have defeated several mesmers and thieves this way. Ranger is god of the down state, for better or worse.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Wow.. Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Funny story. I was sPvPing yesterday. I was 1v2ing 2 mesmers. They burst me down pretty quickly. One mesmer leaves while the other remains to finish me off.

My dog KD’s him. Then I stop him with 2. Then I swap pet and my 2nd dog KD’s him. And suddenly, he’s down, and I’m 1-ing him to death while my dog revived me.

Ranger downed state is hilarious. I love it so much.

Wow.. Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Fun fun fun!

Use the new Larceny Strike to steal boons and survive. Pets don’t do any more damage than they did before.

or, do like a good thief should and flee from a fight you’re losing.

Wow.. Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Fun fun fun!

Yeah, it’s so unfair… I mean your thief should have just killed that ranger by pressing your macro and /dance on the corpse right? Imagine when someone is allowed to fight back and you actually have to think…

Fun fun fun!

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

Wow.. Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

Funny story. I was sPvPing yesterday. I was 1v2ing 2 mesmers. They burst me down pretty quickly. One mesmer leaves while the other remains to finish me off.

My dog KD’s him. Then I stop him with 2. Then I swap pet and my 2nd dog KD’s him. And suddenly, he’s down, and I’m 1-ing him to death while my dog revived me.

Wait…you can switch pets while downed??

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

Wow.. Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

News to me as well Learn something new every day!

Wow.. Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: slingblade.1437

slingblade.1437

Yes, two canines, especially if one is the wolf, and their knockdowns and F2 are ready, are great for downed.

Wow.. Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Pedra.4381

Pedra.4381

News to me as well Learn something new every day!

Swap to wolf, F2, has saved many a life.

JonPeters.5630:]I do still believe ranger is the profession in most need of improvement…

Wow.. Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Expansive.3716

Expansive.3716

People didn’t know they can switch pets while down? smh

Anyway pets didn’t get stronger so that’s just your fault for running with GC gear.

Wow.. Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Canguro.5768

Canguro.5768

you can fully command your pet while downed, attack a specific target, retreat, heal you, F2, swap…

Maguuma

Wow.. Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

People didn’t know they can switch pets while down? smh

Anyway pets didn’t get stronger so that’s just your fault for running with GC gear.

Tell that to Bubbles!! He’s been on a Warpath now that his breathe attack is able to -hit people- it’s glorious!!

PS: Instinctual Bond = Down me, I dare you!

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Wow.. Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

One of the strongest points about having a pet, especially for a BM build. Even when downed, a large portion of our DPS remains alive.

I also find rangers are very strong underwater because most people splash around semi confused and your pet just tears them appart.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

Wow.. Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: jan.9745

jan.9745

Daecollo zero talent. L2P! its easy to avoid a pet that going to leap than a thief that going to steal and stun you using hide! Ignore that kid.

Wow.. Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Fun fun fun!

What kind of thief doesn’t use shadow refuge before stomp?

Edit: and follow up with dance.

(edited by Wanderer.3248)

Wow.. Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Rafahil.2857

Rafahil.2857

Fun fun fun!

Who wastes a utility to just stomp someone?

Wow.. Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

You’d be surprised with the number of thieves using a stealth-stomp.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

Wow.. Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: AlexRD.7914

AlexRD.7914

Was that you in the EB JP (SOS vs CD vs SBI) today? I did exactly that today to a thief that tried to stomp me.

Wow.. Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: starylight.9540

starylight.9540

Fun fun fun!

Yeah, it’s so unfair… I mean your thief should have just killed that ranger by pressing your macro and /dance on the corpse right? Imagine when someone is allowed to fight back and you actually have to think…

Fun fun fun!

Ranger kills theif as easy as you think if you equip the trap trait which’s very useful to fight,throw it like a bomb and escape…lol.The invisible skill is nothing if you stay still in the trap.

It’s an entertainment for killing time to enjoy the forums.God always exists.

Wow.. Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

Fun fun fun!

You’re joking, right? Do you PvP?

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

Wow.. Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

Fun fun fun!

Tough one. Maybe play your Warrior instead ?

Wait, you are quitting him also cause he is also underpowered. Sorry. My bad.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Taking-my-Warrior-out-of-PvP/first#post1935062

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

Wow.. Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: monepipi.5160

monepipi.5160

….the rangers pet interrupts me, then starts chasing me around as I try and kill it.

….

Hahaha, why on earth would you go for the pet now? Do you even PVP? just finish the ranger and be done with it. This is so silly…no offense, but you deserved to lose that fight.

Edit: On a side note, thieves can still stealth stomp. Oh how I wish i can stealth stomp too. Many a times I have been stomped by decent thieves while they’re stealthed. And my pet can’t help me here.

(edited by monepipi.5160)

Wow.. Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

A thief who doesn’t stomp in stealth when udder attack is a bad thief indeed.

One of the strongest points about having a pet, especially for a BM build. Even when downed, a large portion of our DPS remains alive.

I also find rangers are very strong underwater because most people splash around semi confused and your pet just tears them appart.

We also have amazing underwater weapon sets and since you can’t stomp underwater, lick wounds is practically game breaking.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Wow.. Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: ski.4927

ski.4927

You made water come out my nose…..

Turkish Krul – Druid

Wow.. Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Seyyah.6135

Seyyah.6135

chuckles touché my friend

Wow.. Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: CorliCorso.6254

CorliCorso.6254

Fun fun fun!

Don’t pets still follow stealthed players?

Wow.. Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

A dog 6k crit? Really? That sounds about right for a bird or a cat, but I find dogs usually hit for half that

Wow.. Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Deathspike.1870

Deathspike.1870

Just blind the sucker and the pet is meaningless (Black Powder). Or use stealth.

Active: Mesmer, Warrior
Inactive: Guardian, Elementalist, Ranger, Thief (ex-main)
Leveling: Engineer, Necromancer

Wow.. Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

Bad thief is bad.

Wow.. Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Rafahil.2857

Rafahil.2857

Fun fun fun!

I’ll C&D or Black Powder to get the stomp in, but no way will I use shadow refuge to do that. It’s a crutch for subpar players and only really needed when you are being swarmed.

Wow.. Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Flubble.8093

Flubble.8093

A dog 6k crit? Really? That sounds about right for a bird or a cat, but I find dogs usually hit for half that

probably a glass cannon yellow or green armour thief lol

Wow.. Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

If this guy was as good with his game as he is good in QQ in the forums he would be on the frontpage of the leaderboards now…

[edited] removed OP name

Wow.. Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

Please Daecollo don’t do this…

Long story short: Daecollo is well known around the Thief forum for constantly sugesting incredible OP ideas for the profession without considering the devastating repercussions that would have ingame like if it were just what the profession needs, like he thinks the Thief should feel like a super ninja able to destroy everybody without being touched or something idk but he’s always making those posts.

I’ve told him many times for the sake of his credibility he should stop doing that before people simply see his name in a new sugestion thread and simply skip it.

As a main Thief, that have been lurking around here some time to seek info for my alternate Ranger while I waited for this patch buff, I can tell you this isn’t how most of the Thief community thinks. We’ve have our big share of haters and we wouldn’t want it for other profession communities as it’s a nonsense that becomes harder to deal with every day.

Specially a profession like the Ranger that was waiting for buffs with open arms so no, no need at all to nerf them! (If anything I would say they could’ve used even some more help, specially with Spirits as simply a 60% HP increase to an HP pool made of paper isn’t enough given the talk about improving them before the patch… my Spirit Herder Norn is disappointed!).

(edited by Lokheit.7943)

Wow.. Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Geshque.1326

Geshque.1326

That was a bad day for you xD

Wow.. Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: awge.3852

awge.3852

Please Daecollo don’t do this…

Long story short: Daecollo is well known around the Thief forum for constantly sugesting incredible OP ideas for the profession without considering the devastating repercussions that would have ingame like if it were just what the profession needs, like he thinks the Thief should feel like a super ninja able to destroy everybody without being touched or something idk but he’s always making those posts.

I’ve told him many times for the sake of his credibility he should stop doing that before people simply see his name in a new sugestion thread and simply skip it.

As a main Thief, that have been lurking around here some time to seek info for my alternate Ranger while I waited for this patch buff, I can tell you this isn’t how most of the Thief community thinks. We’ve have our big share of haters and we wouldn’t want it for other profession communities as it’s a nonsense that becomes harder to deal with every day.

Specially a profession like the Ranger that was waiting for buffs with open arms so no, no need at all to nerf them! (If anything I would say they could’ve used even some more help, specially with Spirits as simply a 60% HP increase to an HP pool made of paper isn’t enough given the talk about improving them before the patch… my Spirit Herder Norn is disappointed!).

Long story short: a ranger kills a thief in downed state, why are we not celebrating?

Mon Fils — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Blackgate
Ranger’s guide to PvP/WvW: http://tinyurl.com/oht3e9z

Wow.. Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Fun fun fun!

As J.C Denton once said with more sympathy than I, “What a shame.”.

If you die as a thief, you’re doing it wrong.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

Wow.. Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: alegs.5231

alegs.5231

i completly agree with this… I was the last one standing against Molten Berserker, whenever he downed me i could res back up thanks to the help of my wolf Moon Moon. Got the boss to about 1/4 from 3/4 HP.. until i lightning reflexed out of the platform and died…

Wow.. Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

Posting in a Daecollo thread.

I honestly think this is kind of awesome, to be honest. Sorry you weren’t the one doing the awesome thing.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

Wow.. Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Sarlack.4096

Sarlack.4096

Rangers can be downed by a Thief…..wow, learn something new every day!

;)

Wow.. Rangers...

in Ranger

Obsidian.1328

you can fully command your pet while downed, attack a specific target, retreat, heal you, F2, swap…

Where is the pet skill bar when downed? I use my mouse to activate my pet skills, my left hand fingers already have enough to do with movement and weapon skills.

I honestly never knew you could command your pet while downed, is this really true?

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

Wow.. Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: slingblade.1437

slingblade.1437

Where is the pet skill bar when downed? I use my mouse to activate my pet skills, my left hand fingers already have enough to do with movement and weapon skills.

I honestly never knew you could command your pet while downed, is this really true?

Yes. Use F1-F4, or get a mouse with more buttons you can hit with your thumb.

Wow.. Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Deamhan.9538

Deamhan.9538

What are taps going to do? Seriously. They don’t immobilize you. They certainly don’t stun, dase, or fear you and so they can not prevent you from cloaking and repositioning. As a sylvari I’ve used the elite skill that does AoE immobilize plus bleed. I’ve also used the racial utility to immobilize a single target.

Guess what happens 100% of the time? For the elite, they dodge roll out of the AoE after clearing the first application off of them and poof. This will also mean that the bleed gets removed upon them entering stealth. When I use the utility, which often fails to even function but leaves me with the full CD, they simply go poof and that alone will strip the immobilization off of them.

Both the SB and GS will only stun when you hit from the side or from behind. If you manage this, the duration is too short and they will be able to vanish the moment it wears off. Otherwise they are dazed and that still allows them to move freely.

I use both weapons and I’ve used two spiders, and two canine (knock down leap) with one being the hyena since the howl brings in another that will also do a knock down. With all that CC, none of it can both keep the thief in one spot and prevent them from cloaking long enough to take them out.

That’s not including the passive cloaks you can get with a trait and get with a superior rune set (superior rune of the infiltrator).

You obviously just screwed up by spamming HS to finish a bm tank and failed to finish him off before running out of inititive.

If SF is an emergancy utility to escape a bad situation, why not use it to escape the pet if not to use it to stomp the player?

So when you say “why waste a utility to stomp a player”, are you say that you don’t even have it selected as one of your utilities?

Wow.. Rangers...

in Ranger

Obsidian.1328

Fun fun fun!

I’ll C&D or Black Powder to get the stomp in, but no way will I use shadow refuge to do that. It’s a crutch for subpar players and only really needed when you are being swarmed.

He’s right though. I honestly can’t remember the last time a thief spiked me when not stealthed. It’s got to be weeks ago, and I play like 3 hours of W3 everyday.

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

Wow.. Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: The Spiral King.2483

The Spiral King.2483

Fun fun fun!

He’s right though. I honestly can’t remember the last time a thief spiked me when not stealthed. It’s got to be weeks ago, and I play like 3 hours of W3 everyday.

I honestly can’t remember the last time I saw a thief even try to spike without first stealthing. Stealth is readily available for them, and it makes spiking a triviality.

Wow.. Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

Fun fun fun!

I honestly can’t remember the last time I saw a thief even try to spike without first stealthing. Stealth is readily available for them, and it makes spiking a triviality.

I spike all the time with my sword without relying on stealth, but I have to agree that it’s a rare sight. But then again, Anet designed the thief to rely on stealth to get any burst, so it’s not that weird that you don’t see thieves spiking without stealth.

To the OP:
I love to fight rangers! Why didn’t you just stealth and stomp as we do most of the time? Now you got a lesson from a ranger that obviously knew what he was doing. Learn from loss – it’s the only way to get better

Melder – Thief

Wow.. Rangers...

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Fun fun fun!

I spike all the time with my sword without relying on stealth, but I have to agree that it’s a rare sight. But then again, Anet designed the thief to rely on stealth to get any burst, so it’s not that weird that you don’t see thieves spiking without stealth.

To the OP:
I love to fight rangers! Why didn’t you just stealth and stomp as we do most of the time? Now you got a lesson from a ranger that obviously knew what he was doing. Learn from loss – it’s the only way to get better

That only works against sub par rangers, we can still daze you while you’re stealthed with our 2, and fear you with our wolfs F2, and if you’re using a drake event hit you with the drake breathe if you stealth by our corpse…

Wow.. Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

Fun fun fun!

To the OP:

That only works against sub par rangers, we can still daze you while you’re stealthed with our 2, and fear you with our wolfs F2, and if you’re using a drake event hit you with the drake breathe if you stealth by our corpse…

Indeed. Good rangers are a pain to finish off… I’m not sure about this, but if I blind and stealth I think you will miss that daze? At least the rangers have failed to daze me since they’re lying in my blinding powder :p

Melder – Thief

Wow.. Rangers...

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Fun fun fun!

To the OP:

Indeed. Good rangers are a pain to finish off… I’m not sure about this, but if I blind and stealth I think you will miss that daze? At least the rangers have failed to daze me since they’re lying in my blinding powder :p

You will if you’re blinded, however if you auto attack and then hit the 2 (it fires off really quickly) you’ll be able to get it off.