Wow the jaguar is amazing.

in Ranger

Posted by: Division.9618

Division.9618

I’ve been playing around with my ranger in the testing area and i just noticed how insanely hard the jaguar can burst.

Apparently the stealth skill jaguars have is not just normal stealth. They can still attack without breaking stealth and in stealth they get guaranteed critical hits. If you can catch an enemy without dodges or escapes, activating quickness and jaguar stealth will do massive damage.

With a sword, a 0/20/30/0/20 build, knights amulet, and ranger runes i can burst down a heavy training golem in the span of 3 quickness autoattack cycles.

(edited by Division.9618)

in Ranger

Posted by: Trippen.3408

Trippen.3408

Cool beans.

in Ranger

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

this was always the case. unfortunately, the gimmicky burst build you speak of is way outclassed by something like 100b, d/d ele, or BS thief. why? because rangers dont have any stealth or gap closers. people see you coming from a mile away and no one in their right mind would allow you to burst on them for 3 seconds.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

in Ranger

Posted by: Jay.3415

Jay.3415

As good as a thief?
don’t think so

in Ranger

Division.9618

this was always the case. unfortunately, the gimmicky burst build you speak of is way outclassed by something like 100b, d/d ele, or BS thief. why? because rangers dont have any stealth or gap closers. people see you coming from a mile away and no one in their right mind would allow you to burst on them for 3 seconds.

I think it’s not about stealth or gap closers. This build requires very little investment into burst damage as the jaguar does 75% of the damage, so you don’t have to focus on it specifically.

If the ranger had a decent stun or knockdown i could really make this work.

As good as a thief?
don’t think so

Well not as good as a pure glass cannon backstab thief, but it is a nice quick burst that you can pull off with almost no risk to yourself and no real investment. If it fails you just go on fighting like you normally would.

(edited by Division.9618)

in Ranger

nerva.7940

u can use muddy terrain for the immobilize. or stuns from GS + SB. but pvp is never this simple.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian

(edited by nerva.7940)

in Ranger

Division.9618

I did a bit of a trial run. It’s best when used sparingly, but it does a lot of damage. I got a lot of people with it. I use a sword (which pretty much perma cripples characters), so if i catch them without defenses or by surprise they usually don’t see it coming.

Jaguar still dies pretty quickly though, which is annoying.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fjandi.2516

Fjandi.2516

Jaguar is good. Actually if specced right pets can hit quite hard. My raven almost soloed a rifle warrior a few days ago, true story.

in Ranger

nerva.7940

im actually more into the reliable bleed stacking with cats atm (see my condition assassin thread). think of it as “condition burst”. way better. i use lynx/jag.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian