WvW Bow Ranger build?

WvW Bow Ranger build?

in Ranger

Posted by: Sarevok.2638

Sarevok.2638

Anyone got a good idea of what kind of build would a ranger use in WvW with bows?

Blob Hate preferred.

WvW Bow Ranger build?

in Ranger

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

0/20(I/X)/30(III/IX/XII or XI)/10(VI)/10(VI) Spec. All 12 Slots (except weapon) P/T/V including jewelry, Runes of the Ranger in Armor and Exquisite Ruby Jewels in all trinket slots. Zerker Weapons with Sigil of Flame.

For the 30 WS traits if I run Signet of the Wild I have the 30 Empathic Bond spec’d, If I run Signet of Renewal I run Barkskin.

Raven/Owl Pets.

I’ve also had success with:

2 x PTV Accesories with Ruby Jewels
2 x Ascended P/T/Crit Damage Rings
1 x Ascended Amulet P/T/Crit Damage
1 x Ascended Back with P/T/Crit Damage

Spec – 20/20/15/10/5 and REALLY Liking it

Knights Weapons with Sigil of Fire, Master MAintenance Oil and Curry Butternut Squash

3K Attack, 40% Crit rate, 75% Crit Damage, 3K Armor/2K Toughness. Still using 2 bows..

Buddy helped me with these awhile back, both were very strong 1v1, 1v2 builds

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

WvW Bow Ranger build?

in Ranger

Posted by: Cempa.5619

Cempa.5619

0/20(I/X)/30(III/IX/XII or XI)/10(VI)/10(VI) Spec. All 12 Slots (except weapon) P/T/V including jewelry, Runes of the Ranger in Armor and Exquisite Ruby Jewels in all trinket slots. Zerker Weapons with Sigil of Flame.

For the 30 WS traits if I run Signet of the Wild I have the 30 Empathic Bond spec’d, If I run Signet of Renewal I run Barkskin.

Raven/Owl Pets.

I’ve also had success with:

2 x PTV Accesories with Ruby Jewels
2 x Ascended P/T/Crit Damage Rings
1 x Ascended Amulet P/T/Crit Damage
1 x Ascended Back with P/T/Crit Damage

Spec – 20/20/15/10/5 and REALLY Liking it

Knights Weapons with Sigil of Fire, Master MAintenance Oil and Curry Butternut Squash

3K Attack, 40% Crit rate, 75% Crit Damage, 3K Armor/2K Toughness. Still using 2 bows..

Buddy helped me with these awhile back, both were very strong 1v1, 1v2 builds

Hi,

You have the kind of build(s) I would love to see in action!

I plugged it into a builder:

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/ranger/?6.0|5.1n.h17|0.0.0.0.0.0|1c.7j.1c.7j.1c.7j.1c.7j.1c.7j.1c.7j|1c.67.1c.67.1c.67.1c.67.1c.67.1c.67|0.k2a.u39b.5.f5|39.7|4j.4w.4r.4q.55|e

You have some SERIOUS mitigation the kind I see on front line players, you sure its not a bit over the top?

Effective Power 3032.25
Effective Health (EHP) 32627
Damage Reduction 37.53%

Critical Chance 44.64%
Critical Damage 56%

WvW Bow Ranger build?

in Ranger

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

Not at all, heres the vid demonstrating the first mentioned build.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eRb1GK4Gt6M

This is my bud that theorycrafts with me on the builds, he gave me the one I use.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

WvW Bow Ranger build?

in Ranger

Posted by: Sarevok.2638

Sarevok.2638

Thanks for replies guys, giving the ideas some thought and seeing how I can slot them into something I can use.

WvW Bow Ranger build?

in Ranger

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

If you want to go berserker bows, typical set-up is a 30/30/5/0/5 with full bersker gear, LB+GS or SB (I’d suggest GS out in the open though), Piercing Arrows + Eagle Eye (siege) or SoB (field, for SoS and SoW), Quick Draw and Moment of Clarity. Traited SoW, SoS, QZ, and your choice of Entangle or RAO. You can trade SoW for Lightning Reflexes if you prefer, but remember QZ breaks stun now, although it also negates healing.

This build works really well against zergs if you like longbow, lets you do nice damage from the back line and it’s easy to get away with GS Swoop + stability from either RAO or SoW active. Throw up your block (GS4) after swoop, you usually won’t even need to pop SoS.

EDIT: Note that LB took a big hit from the quickness nerf, out in the open and depending on the size of the battle you’ll likely do better with SB. Consider using LB on/against walls and SB on the ground.

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -