WvW Build/Video: Evade Bot Melee Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Cormaq.1742

Cormaq.1742

Hey folks!

Was forced to upgrade my graphics card over the weekend and now have the ability to use Shadowplay so thought i’d give it a go and see how it performed in comparison to Dxtory. These are some fights taken over about an hour yesterday morning, Please bare in mind that this is only my second video, there are quite a few editing/rendering mistakes, I hope you enjoy none the less!

[[Build]]
http://tinyurl.com/lmpe9kt
-Food swapped between Mango Pie & Koi Cakes
-Corruption stacks on alternative weapon set.

Any constructive criticism would be lovely!

Thanks!
Corm / Matt

Edit: Video won’t embed for some reason, Sorry!

Cormaq
L80 – Engi/Ele/Grd/Warri/Rngr/Thief/Mes/Nec
Co-Leader [PRXM] Praxium – Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Cormaq.1742)

in Ranger

Posted by: Terravos.4059

Terravos.4059

Bloody Shadowplay Breaks on me, stupid Nvidia and their 1.8.1 version..

1.8.0 worked just fine, But can’t use it, have to bloody upgrade to 1.8.1 automatically with no choice….

Biggest load of crap i’ve seen a Card maker pull so far…Not even give the option of holding back on upgrading to a patch.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Xsorus – Ranger PvP movies Creator of the BM Bunker

in Ranger

Posted by: Raspie.9521

Raspie.9521

Hey folks!

Was forced to upgrade my graphics card over the weekend and now have the ability to use Shadowplay so thought i’d give it a go yesterday morning and see how it ran in comparison to Dxtory. These are some fights taken over about an hour, Hope you enjoy!

Any constructive criticism would be lovely

Thanks!

Corm / Matt

Edit: You tube vid won’t embed for some reason, Sorry!

What is your build if you don’t mind my asking?

in Ranger

Cormaq.1742

I think i was lucky Terra, I just used the drivers I had previously installed. at least you know Nvidia will release drivers quite quickly, hopefully you’ll get it working soon man, its a fantastic piece of software/hardware.

Should be in the video description Raspie thanks for watching!

Cormaq

in Ranger

Posted by: meikodesign.6471

meikodesign.6471

About your build :
- Do you really need Rending Attacks and Intimidation Training? Why not Vigorous Training, Mighty Swap or Natural Healing instead?
- You could maybe trade some Apothecary parts for Dire ones.

Lunavi – Ranger 80 ~ Charr Kuttery – Warrior 80
Little Lunavi – Ranger – Rank 4x
[CPC] Insert Coin – Vizunah Square [FR]

in Ranger

Cormaq.1742

About your build :
- Do you really need Rending Attacks and Intimidation Training? Why not Vigorous Training, Mighty Swap or Natural Healing instead?
- You could maybe trade some Apothecary parts for Dire ones.

Heya,

Yep I was considering taking some dire weapons for more HP, Only been back playing gw2 about a week after a break since August, the Dire stuff is reletively new, I think?

As for traits, I used natural healing for quite a long time, and sure pets didn’t die, but i found that because I swap pets a fair bit unless its a very heavy AOE fight they aren’t going down anyway. I may give vigorous training a go though, can never have too many dodges

Thanks for the suggestions mate!

Cormaq

(edited by Cormaq.1742)

in Ranger

Terravos.4059

Since you’re using Dwyana and 10 in Nature’s for the Regen Duration I’m not sure i’d recommend spiders, though I wouldn’t recommend Rending Attacks. If you watched out often your pets actually hit, You’d be better off with Mighty Swap and Vigorous Training.

however if you pickup Malicous Training and Intimidation Training, Spiders become scary.

in Ranger

Cormaq.1742

My Lynx seems to hit pretty effectively most of the time, Signet seems to help with that, he also hits pretty hard also so gonna keep that lynx for the mean time. The wolf is a no brainer really, the aoe fear is too good to pass up, I did swap out Intimidation Training though, the cripple doesnt seem to apply consistently with the AOE fear on wolf anyway. Using Vigorous Training instead.

:)

Cormaq

in Ranger

Posted by: Jaysin X.6740

Jaysin X.6740

Thank you for posting this. I made a similar build(don’t have all the trinkets yet) last night after seeing this. I just did some roaming and my god it’s soooo much fun. I felt invincible, warriors were running, thieves were dying, 1v2, 1v3 no problem, didn’t always kill em but after I downed or spiked one or two they would just scatter. My Ranger buddy and I are going do some roaming later with this build, and I can’t wait.

in Ranger

Terravos.4059

My Lynx seems to hit pretty effectively most of the time, Signet seems to help with that, he also hits pretty hard also so gonna keep that lynx for the mean time. The wolf is a no brainer really, the aoe fear is too good to pass up, I did swap out Intimidation Training though, the cripple doesnt seem to apply consistently with the AOE fear on wolf anyway. Using Vigorous Training instead.

:)

You could also consider the Snow Leopard as well, the chill on that thing is silly.

Intimidation Training for the Wolves has always been mediocre, that’s more of a Spider Trait….7 seconds of cripple isn’t super great with a long cooldown fear for example.

However the Poison Spider hits 3 times with his f2, meaning its a 21 second Cripple, which makes it a fairly good trait for spiders

Vigorous Training is probably a much better pick for you, though i still prefer Natural Healing.

in Ranger

Cormaq.1742

Thank you for posting this. I made a similar build(don’t have all the trinkets yet) last night after seeing this. I just did some roaming and my god it’s soooo much fun. I felt invincible, warriors were running, thieves were dying, 1v2, 1v3 no problem, didn’t always kill em but after I downed or spiked one or two they would just scatter. My Ranger buddy and I are going do some roaming later with this build, and I can’t wait.

Great to hear Jaysin, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do – 2 of the build can be fun, but u can hit the condi cap very easily, my friend has an alt with this build too, and when he’s with me roaming we just focus on seperate targets, the persistent conditions from 1 player is usually enough to counter most condi removal, except from maybe a stacked ele or multiple guards. Happy Hunting!

You could also consider the Snow Leopard as well, the chill on that thing is silly.

Intimidation Training for the Wolves has always been mediocre, that’s more of a Spider Trait….7 seconds of cripple isn’t super great with a long cooldown fear for example.

However the Poison Spider hits 3 times with his f2, meaning its a 21 second Cripple, which makes it a fairly good trait for spiders

Vigorous Training is probably a much better pick for you, though i still prefer Natural Healing.

Aye, im using Vigorous now after testing Intimidation Training, works much better for wolf. Natural healing is a bit much for me i find, as im pet swapping a lot as it is, pet health doesnt drop too much.

Cormaq

in Ranger

Posted by: Aisina.4963

Aisina.4963

Awesome video, can’t wait to see more! Keep it up Cormy

S/F Asuran Elementalist

in Ranger

Terravos.4059

Great to hear Jaysin, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do – 2 of the build can be fun, but u can hit the condi cap very easily, my friend has an alt with this build too, and when he’s with me roaming we just focus on seperate targets, the persistent conditions from 1 player is usually enough to counter most condi removal, except from maybe a stacked ele or multiple guards. Happy Hunting!

Aye, im using Vigorous now after testing Intimidation Training, works much better for wolf. Natural healing is a bit much for me i find, as im pet swapping a lot as it is, pet health doesnt drop too much.

Yea, I forgot you’re heavily using Regen, so its probably not a huge benefit for ya, Vigorous training would be better option then.

in Ranger

Posted by: Brode.7689

Brode.7689

Yea, I forgot you’re heavily using Regen, so its probably not a huge benefit for ya, Vigorous training would be better option then.

I don’t think he knows that it also heals himself.

This is not Tricare, he is suspended from life.

in Ranger

Cormaq.1742

I don’t think he knows that it also heals himself.

Hehe i’m aware matey, it’s only a 126 Heal every 3 seconds though – I figured I would benefit more from the increased frequency of dodge rolls, passive regen is already pretty good. thanks for the heads up though

Cormaq

(edited by Cormaq.1742)