WvW Condi/Healing build

WvW Condi/Healing build

in Ranger

Posted by: epborden.7492

epborden.7492

Hey guys, I’m starting up my ranger today. I mostly play my main, which is a warrior, and it is one hell of a bunker. I use a condi/healing power setup on it. I would like to ask suggestions on how I can get the same feeling with my ranger once I get him to 80. I really like the play style of my warrior. Please first check out my warrior build, then check out my ranger build so you can see where I am drawing similarities to try and achieve this. The focus of my warrior build is to sustain as long as possible and whittle people down with my conditions. The warrior build is a bit different in the fact that it has a trait which allows for me to add confusion into my play style, which ranger does not seem to have. We can disregard that portion but you get the idea. I was thinking I could use Spirit of Nature as a substitute for Banner of Tactics, and Signet of the Wild as a substitute for Healing Signet.

Warrior build:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQNAseTjMd06ZZHugwJagfgC5t3CGDgjO9UUEZBA-TVyCABUq+DAPAAkPEAEqE0P9Ncp8b59Hm4IAIxJAIAACwMLzycmB+5P/5P/5PbmzcmzcmzsUAMpsC-w

Ranger build:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQNAsYVnMqQNL2KIWsARLGIToaGAJ7za4GcXBJQEfyiSRL-TVyCAB+pvhS1fA4BAI9+Dcp874DBwEHBAJOBAEqEMAACwMLzycmBG6QH6QH6QboDdoDdoDtMAMrB-w

2800 toughness, 22k hp, up to 1700+ condi damage, 1200 healing power… combined with all the regen I am very close. It seems like this would be a monster build.

Thanks!

(edited by epborden.7492)

WvW Condi/Healing build

in Ranger

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

haha, not bad, but tbh, its kind of unrealistic to have full ascended and infusions on every slot… lol, unless ur rich, go for it, but here’s a build that might be better for u

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQNAV8YjEq0ya/K2sQ1aABhaVA0uGS2Wwd+eDfdBraA-TlyCABAcBAUR3gCmfQ+JAQoSwW0wMxBBYJlfzs/gNq/QKAYWWB-w

a LOT of condi duration, slightly lower stats, a ton of condi clear, more bleeds from the extra sharpening stone, and more healing (I don’t like healing spring cuz it forces u to stay near it for condi to be removed, the regen isn’t that big of a deal, and 4-5k initial healing isn’t great with the health pool u have, so if u have the condi clear, troll unguent is a lot better imo)

you can swap out some things like the sigils of malice for sigils of agony, or the signet of renewal for signet of the hunt if u feel u have enough condi clear, but w/e works for u lol

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

(edited by shadowpass.4236)

WvW Condi/Healing build

in Ranger

Posted by: epborden.7492

epborden.7492

Cool, thank you for your suggestions! I know it might seem farfetched to have all that ascended but I actually do have all of that on my warrior. I could craft the armor and weapons for the ranger now if I wanted to. The trinkets would take more time of course. Anyway, I will try any suggested builds here. I steam roll rangers quite often so I’m excited to flip the script and see what I can do from the other side of the equation. I’m tired of all the hate they get, every day I play I see people trash talking rangers, so I want to set an example people can respect.

WvW Condi/Healing build

in Ranger

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

haha, not bad, but tbh, its kind of unrealistic to have full ascended and infusions on every slot… lol, unless ur rich, go for it, but here’s a build that might be better for u

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQNAV8YjEq0ya/K2sQ1aABhaVA0uGS2Wwd+eDfdBraA-TlyCABAcBAUR3gCmfQ+JAQoSwW0wMxBBYJlfzs/gNq/QKAYWWB-w

a LOT of condi duration, slightly lower stats, a ton of condi clear, more bleeds from the extra sharpening stone, and more healing (I don’t like healing spring cuz it forces u to stay near it for condi to be removed, the regen isn’t that big of a deal, and 4-5k initial healing isn’t great with the health pool u have, so if u have the condi clear, troll unguent is a lot better imo)

you can swap out some things like the sigils of malice for sigils of agony, or the signet of renewal for signet of the hunt if u feel u have enough condi clear, but w/e works for u lol

Seems like a waste of the healing points you have in your build when other than your healing slot you have no other healing going on…like sig of wild, shout heals or equipment heals

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

WvW Condi/Healing build

in Ranger

Posted by: awge.3852

awge.3852

@OP: granted that this is more ranger oriented than your warrior setup, it is definitely a more stable build than the one you currently are proposing:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQNAsfVnMqQvgWLIWsAVLGAToaPAdaA86GcfBLwEfyieQL-TViAABdq+jHPAAAOBANqE8Q9Nlp8bp9H64QAsxRAIAACwMLzycmBG6QH6QH6QboDdoDdoDtMAMrB-w
I would modify based on the above, since it is more optimal in terms of what your build should center itself upon: survival with active regeneration and strong condition damage output. Take it to PvP and give it a go before you go make all the expensive ascended stuff and not end up liking it.

Mon Fils — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Blackgate
Ranger’s guide to PvP/WvW: http://tinyurl.com/oht3e9z

WvW Condi/Healing build

in Ranger

Posted by: DeeSystm.1256

DeeSystm.1256

This build looks interesting, ill give it a try with my trusty a/d s/t combo because I’ve been trying to mix it up and look for a crazy setup for solo roam. And I’ve just started playing BM ranger again.

This condi burst build I love to play tho, concentrates on weap swaps to stack bleeds, possibility of maintaining perma poison (what warriors??), pet damge, large amounts of evades and dodges, stacks condi, toughness, healing and a bit of regen. The original RRR build stacked healing on sigils and runes, I run afflicted runes and stack corruption for more bang.
It’s pretty much my old faithful for roaming tbh and hardly ran it for a few months, back at er tho, and successfully.

First pet is either wolf or hound, second, pick cat or bird (i’m biased to bird)

Some builds kind of hard counter this build and some will trouble you a lot——-good nade engi’s who deny the space around them properly, straight up phantasm mesmers, for some reason d/d thieves are rough(for me anyways), condi thieves are a good fight, necros also provide a really good fight, if you screw up landing a few too many skills, a 1 minute scrap can turn into 3-4 minutes of messy condi sharing that you’ll probably end up loosing.

BM condi burst evasion build

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQRAsf3YjEq0yaBL+rw1aAMhqdC0pBw7ZYUXVXXwJrIBtA-TVSAABUY+xI1fcUJIiaYA4JAcj+hOOJAVp8rn9HIFAMrBA-w

Notes: Build used to be better before pets got nerfed to the ground, raven f2 would hit like a truck.

Run runes of dwayna if you’re nervous about being too light in regen (both afflicted and dwayna are like 6 silver)

For Bm grandmaster, i still have to to experiment with AoE heals on pet skills, which I’ll test out tonight and in the morning.

WS adept and BM master traits could also be switched out for an extra 30% or so uptime on vigor (needs to be experimented with also).

I’ve looked into torment sigils and stacking some extra precision to proc those, but the loss doesn’t seems to play off.

“I came to play.” me
r4420k+ blazetrain