Seafarer’s Rest
RKO Guild

Enjoy

WvW Ranger Nimro.2

in Ranger

Posted by: red jhon.1453

red jhon.1453

I have 4 things for you…

1. Good timing in use skills especially trap.
2. You really know how to handle classes.
3. Excellent build (nice damage) I will try it.
4. Good video (I like it).

Thank you

WvW Ranger Nimro.2

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Little QoL tip every ranger should know: position yourself behind your pet when stomping warriors. It blocks the hammer and you get them on the first try without stealth or quickness.

WvW Ranger Nimro.2

in Ranger

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

You play well. Especially the timing of your dodges and movement. Uncanny how you can get Hide In Plain Sight to work. I always end up moving and break the stealth.

You really overwhelm opponents with the bleeds. That might prove to be a problem vs some builds though that can do smaller cleanses more often. Dunno though.

WH is nice for the blast in water field but you lack any fire damage …or torment…or confusion.

Big investment for only 1 trap also.

Good job !

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

WvW Ranger Nimro.2

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Uncanny how you can get Hide In Plain Sight to work. I always end up moving and break the stealth.

You don’t have to stand still to stay cloaked. You probably attack and that’s what breaks the stealth.

WvW Ranger Nimro.2

in Ranger

Forzani.2584

Uncanny how you can get Hide In Plain Sight to work. I always end up moving and break the stealth.

You don’t have to stand still to stay cloaked. You probably attack and that’s what breaks the stealth.

Agree….and I have a tough time not having that happen. In fact I don’t even now how you would prevent that with the SB firing away on auto. Obviously I am missing something ..which wouldn’t be the first time

WvW Ranger Nimro.2

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

He has is trigger several times in the video when he’s stomping, so he’s both not attacking and dazed anyway.

A lot of people like to turn autoattack off so you have more control of your char, especially for things like confusion. I’m so used to doing that with a sword I find it pretty natural to do for other weapons. I almost never use a shortbow though, and with the fast fire it might be annoying.

WvW Ranger Nimro.2

in Ranger

Forzani.2584

Good point about the stomping. That would likely be the best use of it anyways.

WvW Ranger Nimro.2

in Ranger

Posted by: Zoia.3678

Zoia.3678

Nice vid, i liked it.
Have you tried to replace Sharpening Stone with Flame Trap? I’m wondering if that might increase your damage even more?

WvW Ranger Nimro.2

in Ranger

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Always good to see something else than another condibunker roaming.
I like the video, although the music hurts my ears and I had to turn it off
Interesting that you don’t use Sword in these clips. I believe your combat style is more like a condibomb with very high bleeding spike and depending on first seconds of fight.
If I were you though, I’d get traveler runes and get flame trap instead of SoH at least.

Also, try forcing foe’s condi clears with Lynx bleeds in the beginning. They don’t do much, but 4-8 bleeds use that one condi clear and considering you rely on one-two dps conditions, it may make a use against better opponents

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

WvW Ranger Nimro.2

in Ranger

Forzani.2584

Always good to see something else than another condibunker roaming.
I like the video, although the music hurts my ears and I had to turn it off
Interesting that you don’t use Sword in these clips. I believe your combat style is more like a condibomb with very high bleeding spike and depending on first seconds of fight.
If I were you though, I’d get traveler runes and get flame trap instead of SoH at least.

Also, try forcing foe’s condi clears with Lynx bleeds in the beginning. They don’t do much, but 4-8 bleeds use that one condi clear and considering you rely on one-two dps conditions, it may make a use against better opponents

When I do that I worry about the pet being too slow without traiting the pet.

WvW Ranger Nimro.2

in Ranger

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Sorry, but all of these fights have one thing that wins them for him. Entangle. Without that elite he wouldn’t have killed anyone. He would have died. That uplevel guardian almost downed him.

Also, only using shortbow?

WvW Ranger Nimro.2

in Ranger

Forzani.2584

Sorry, but all of these fights have one thing that wins them for him. Entangle. Without that elite he wouldn’t have killed anyone. He would have died. That uplevel guardian almost downed him.

Also, only using shortbow?

Yea I did notice Entangle stuck on people quite often…which it normally doesn’t.

WvW Ranger Nimro.2

in Ranger

Posted by: Vandiros.8375

Vandiros.8375

ty all for ur comments
im not high level ranger and im still working to improve my gameplay next video ill try to use sword/torch + shortbow with flame trap

btw my main class is warrior.

WvW Ranger Nimro.2

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

You can force entangle to work. I rarely use entangle, but in WvW I like to because I take a several skills to set it up. If you use a dog snare, dog knock down, muddy terrain, LB4, wolf howl, wolf knockdown, and entangle, sooner or later people are going to run out of escape plans. All you need is about two of those to “work” and you will win.

And to be fair, a lot of the people he skilled had respectable WvW ranks. Judging from how bad the warriors and guardians were, I think they got their ranks from zerging though. He decimated that silver veteran or whatever it was.

WvW Ranger Nimro.2

in Ranger

Posted by: Poliswag.8240

Poliswag.8240

Solid gameplay, however:
1. You should stand behind your pets when stomping someone with a projectile interrupt, it’ll absorb the CC.
2. You used entangle in almost every fight, it’s regarded as somewhat OP on the level of Supply Crate – it’s your personal choice to use it, but videos where you use it in nearly every single 1v1 fight don’t serve as impressive.
3. Good trap use.

[IX][oPP] Poliswag – Engineer

WvW Ranger Nimro.2

in Ranger

Posted by: solrik.6028

solrik.6028

Nice video, but it only includes wins. Include deaths in it too.

Also some tips when playing with shortbow;
1.To really make the enemy break their target, you can run through them while firing the shotbow and force them to turn 180 while they (probably) are spamming one of their skill buttons. This will cause many people to auto-target something else or just completely drop target.

2. Entangle is not OP, it takes 4-kittens to kill it, the guardian was a noob for standing there and so were others.

3. You’d get more damage with flame trap instead of Keen Edge. Why? Because if you start with flame trap and then spike trap, you’r burning will cover your bleed stacks which causes them to linger more.

4. Since you got many conditions that you can apply too much of, you can do more damage with bleeding duration runes instead. Sharpened Edges will tick for one more and the bleeds from the shortbow will tick for one extra tick.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vMEQNBHhVakRlyVbXxgFqWDArCC2ekpkYyeYojPmyrSRVSA-zkCBYhCiUABiWAMFtIaslghtgJa1MBRJTIVdDTHLykCAipRA-w

This build lower the condi damage in favor for longer bleeds, which isn’t a downside because the bleeds are low duration bleeds (not like the ones on Entangle). If you want to play better, try to apply Chill/Weakness, Cripple & poison first, then try to land flame trap and then spike trap right after to catch them in fire trap. It’s very important to cover your bleeds with other conditions first.

(Btw, you should have one tanky pet on swap whenever you’re using EB. Conditions won’t kill any pet, but conditions + attacks from the enemy WILL kill squishy ones)

WvW Ranger Nimro.2

in Ranger

Vandiros.8375

ty guys for ur notes.
but my build is full bleed that why.
i use Weakening Venom for
x3 Vulnerability (11s) 3% Incoming Damage + Weakness (5.1/5s) -50% Endurance…
Rending Pounce for
x4 Bleeding (14s) 5,990 Damage

That make me kill fast
1st broke him
2nd bleed him
3rd my axe + shortbow with bleed too very fast kill

That my tactic

WvW Ranger Nimro.2

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

so whats the build then?

WvW Ranger Nimro.2

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

I’ve tried several variations of bleed builds similar to this, some things I think you would like that will give you even more burst:

Sigil of earth on the shortbow, it’s a few extra bleeds on the stack easily with the fast shortbow and this much crit.

Perplexity runes or possibly 4 perplexity+2 of any that gives 15% bleed duration even 3stacks of confusion hurt like hell with this much condition damage and it will also give an extra chance for high bleedstacks to no be cleansed or vice verca.

Perhaps put sigil of torment on the warhorn or axe for another extra condition again to make it harder for classes with poor cleansing plus an extra source of condition damage.

I always played this with sword though mainly to have the ability for escape when neccessary but then again it kinda is a “burst them fast or die” build in the first place so , yeah.

WvW Ranger Nimro.2

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Generally nice video

My only “negative” comments are you have a tendancy to waste SB3. You even use it a few times when your oponent is already down, or miles away from you facing the other direction. Not a major issue but maybe something to keep in mind, evades arent there to be used off CD.

Also you do you entangle too early. In this video it appears to work, but almost all decent players will have a mechanism to escape it (cleanse, blink, shadowstep, or just brute force kill the vines). If you use it too early in the fight they will have all their ultilities off CD and should (in theory) escape instantly, thus wasting your elite. Its usually more effective to really wait with it. For example vs a mesmer, dont use it unless they have already blinked in the last 10 seconds, try to use it on eles just as they come out of water attunement, etc etc. But generally, the later you use it in the fight the more chance it has of sticking and causing your opponent to panic. I always run entangle but use it in maybe 1/4 of the fights I have, because I keep it in reserve only for fights which I genuinely risk losing without it. I like having it there as the last trick up the sleave, but more often than not its not nesesary and its better to have it there for when you do really need it, rather than such using it because you can (same as with the SB3 evade).

But I dont mean to sound overly critical.. Its a nice video, well played, just some things (IMO) you could work on

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Cufufalating.8479)

WvW Ranger Nimro.2

in Ranger

red jhon.1453

You make the fight with an opponent bleeding all the time with poison and trap really good plan, and not just any player can implement

Good jop

WvW Ranger Nimro.2

in Ranger

solrik.6028

ty guys for ur notes.
Rending Pounce for

That make me kill fast
1st broke him
2nd bleed him

That my tactic

Ever thought of actually considering what people are suggesting instead of dismissing everything like if we just proposed random changes?

Your current (bleed) build is wasting a lot of stats. Firstly, since you focus on crap-conditions first to put on your bleeds after to actually deal damage, a lot of condition duration is wasted. A condition won’t, in normal conditions, stay on target for over 7-10 seconds, depending on which class it is. That is why you can either focus on increasing the duration of your short-duration bleeds or focus on increasing condition damage for your long-duration bleeds (spike trap, splitblade etc).

The sweet spots for condition duration is usually 25-50-75-100 percent because those numbers tend to be whole. Your current build has a lot of wasted condition duration because you have skills with many 0.25/5/75 durations. Especially the crossfire which applies a 4.75 seconds long bleed.

Too much bleed isn’t good either because when you start meeting skilled opponents, you will have problems because you have so many bleeds on him that there is never a pause between them. That is, when you put cripple and the other conditions on him, the time to stack up bleed is very short because there is so much of it that the big stack won’t ever run out and it will just be cleansed after the first 2 or 4 crap-conditions you apply.

WvW Ranger Nimro.2

in Ranger

Vandiros.8375

solrik.6028 whats ur goal when u play spvp ??
my goal is kill other players fast as I can
I try with must class and I can kill easy.
1vs1/ 1vs2 / 1vs3/ next video ill show u how I can kill 3 players by this build

ty.

WvW Ranger Nimro.2

in Ranger

Posted by: awge.3852

awge.3852

You played very well in your video, however what surprise me the most was how poorly prepared those players where to fight your build. It seems like your experience surpassed theirs because they ate everything you threw at them, especially those traps who have a clear ‘here it comes’ animation. Cheers!

Mon Fils — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Blackgate
Ranger’s guide to PvP/WvW: http://tinyurl.com/oht3e9z

WvW Ranger Nimro.2

in Ranger

solrik.6028

solrik.6028 whats ur goal when u play spvp ??
my goal is kill other players fast as I can
I try with must class and I can kill easy.
1vs1/ 1vs2 / 1vs3/ next video ill show u how I can kill 3 players by this build

ty.

I’m telling you how you can kill faster, if you didn’t notice, but you aren’t even reading it.
Sorry for being stupid, I though that your video which was showcasing your build in wvw was for wvw and not spvp. But it was obviously for spvp because you recorded in wvw.

I’m waiting for that next video, especially the 1vs3.

WvW Ranger Nimro.2

in Ranger

red jhon.1453

You have 5 skills very strong conditons.

1. Axe skill 2 (splitblade) bleeding 6700 at 9 sec.
2. Pet skill (Lynx) bleeding 9600 at 16 sec.
3. Spike (Trap) bleeding 5800 at 13 sec.
4. Entahngle (skill 0) bleeding 25000 at 12 sec.
5. S/Bow skill 2 poison 4400 at 3 sec.

Totle (51500) damage conditions at 30 sec without critcal damage.

I think you can kill any player in a matter of seconds with this condition build.

It’s really an amazing build.

WvW Ranger Nimro.2

in Ranger

Posted by: AEFA.9035

AEFA.9035

ty guys for ur notes.
Rending Pounce for

That make me kill fast
1st broke him
2nd bleed him

That my tactic

Ever thought of actually considering what people are suggesting instead of dismissing everything like if we just proposed random changes?

Your current (bleed) build is wasting a lot of stats. Firstly, since you focus on crap-conditions first to put on your bleeds after to actually deal damage, a lot of condition duration is wasted. A condition won’t, in normal conditions, stay on target for over 7-10 seconds, depending on which class it is. That is why you can either focus on increasing the duration of your short-duration bleeds or focus on increasing condition damage for your long-duration bleeds (spike trap, splitblade etc).

The sweet spots for condition duration is usually 25-50-75-100 percent because those numbers tend to be whole. Your current build has a lot of wasted condition duration because you have skills with many 0.25/5/75 durations. Especially the crossfire which applies a 4.75 seconds long bleed.

Too much bleed isn’t good either because when you start meeting skilled opponents, you will have problems because you have so many bleeds on him that there is never a pause between them. That is, when you put cripple and the other conditions on him, the time to stack up bleed is very short because there is so much of it that the big stack won’t ever run out and it will just be cleansed after the first 2 or 4 crap-conditions you apply.

why dont you make a video of your self with your ranger? id like to see what you’re talking about since its a good suggestion and post it in the forum.

Success is my only option, failure is not.

WvW Ranger Nimro.2

in Ranger

Posted by: AEFA.9035

AEFA.9035

You have 5 skills very strong conditons.

1. Axe skill 2 (splitblade) bleeding 6700 at 9 sec.
2. Pet skill (Lynx) bleeding 9600 at 16 sec.
3. Spike (Trap) bleeding 5800 at 13 sec.
4. Entahngle (skill 0) bleeding 25000 at 12 sec.
5. S/Bow skill 2 poison 4400 at 3 sec.

Totle (51500) damage conditions at 30 sec without critcal damage.

I think you can kill any player in a matter of seconds with this condition build.

It’s really an amazing build.

not that just though, this build is basically anti melee with spider as 2nd pet you have weakness to mitigate enemy damage, plus winter’s bite on axe thats perma weakness againts spike targets like thieves plus the chill for kiting and landing your trap. I never really use Axe main though, but this is good.

Success is my only option, failure is not.

WvW Ranger Nimro.2

in Ranger

solrik.6028

why dont you make a video of your self with your ranger? id like to see what you’re talking about since its a good suggestion and post it in the forum.

Sure, but it might take a while. I haven’t played for 2 weeks and got exams to study for.

It will be a different build but it’s still a bleed focused.

WvW Ranger Nimro.2

in Ranger

Vandiros.8375

solrik.6028
I’m waiting for ur video especially i wanna see ur tactic by ranger cant’t wait

good luck n ur video.

WvW Ranger Nimro.2

in Ranger

Posted by: House Calls.7641

House Calls.7641

Rangers still turning on each other like our class hasn’t got enough issues.

Its a nice build, it works for you which is great but i am sure some other classes builds would just walk through the bleeds. I used to main Ranger until i discovered just how little conditions affect my warrior when geared and traited for it (which is 90% of the time) Melandrus, lemongrass soup and a couple of traits and you would likely pop and i would consider myself a average player. Nice video though.

Charr Ger (Ranger OCAU)
Infantryman (Warrior OCAU)
Crystal Desert

WvW Ranger Nimro.2

in Ranger

solrik.6028

Rangers still turning on each other like our class hasn’t got enough issues.

Its a nice build, it works for you which is great but i am sure some other classes builds would just walk through the bleeds. I used to main Ranger until i discovered just how little conditions affect my warrior when geared and traited for it (which is 90% of the time) Melandrus, lemongrass soup and a couple of traits and you would likely pop and i would consider myself a average player. Nice video though.

I’m obviously trying to mess his build up, right???

There are two types of condition build players. One type are those who just spam any condition they can. The other is who carefully applies condition in an order that lets the most damaging one be cleansed last.

I seriously don’t know what the probem with the build I proposed is. Anyone can clearly see that every bleed does more damage.

WvW Ranger Nimro.2

in Ranger

Posted by: House Calls.7641

House Calls.7641

To be honest i din’t look at yours only the OP video.

For me i would also ask for advice on my builds to maximise it and balance it against my play style.

Charr Ger (Ranger OCAU)
Infantryman (Warrior OCAU)
Crystal Desert

WvW Ranger Nimro.2

in Ranger

red jhon.1453

This build made me strongly convinced ranger.

1. Strong in bleeding.
2. Good defense.
3. Good tactic.
4. All skills of the bleeding “Range”. (Makes you safe)
5. Trap is very useful.

I try it and i like it
Ty “Nimro” for the clarifying your tactic.

WvW Ranger Nimro.2

in Ranger

Vandiros.8375

Hi, solrik.6028 still waiting ur video..?
I told u guys this not my main class my main is WAR
My 3rd video will be rdy n friday, maybe will be my last video for ranger, ill try new class elementalist just start lvling now. Ele fun class i like it but still hard for me.

cya friday guys for Nimro.3 :P