WvW Ranger Roaming Build (SB, S/D)

in Ranger

Posted by: Tarkan.5609

Tarkan.5609

Hey guys
I’m maining thief (s/d, sb evade) in solo roaming in wvw and i thought about trying out a ranger with the same weapons
my question now is:
should i go dire + traps or are there also other possibilities like hybrid or power based builds?
i already looked at some traits for a trapper build, i’m just not totally sure about them and some trait ideas for any s/d, sb build may also be really helpful!
thanks

PvP, Teef & Engi

in Ranger

Posted by: Roeore.6274

Roeore.6274

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQNAV8YjMq0ua5K2rw1aAAhaVA0eGKhYgd+2BfQJbKK-TlSEABIoEUG1fAw83I6GO4CA0wRAYn9Hc4gAEkyvmfAAkCAmlRA-w

This is similar to the spvp build i have been using recently. Ive tried to even out the toughness/vitality ratio to give a good level of both and it uses exotic gear so it should not be too hard to put together. It is low on stun breaks but part of the success of this build is timing your evades well and using RaO at a good time to put as much pressure on your opponent as possible. You’ll have quite good fury uptime which along with the SB quick fire rate will help you proc the on crit sigils

Spiders are a good choice as they provide cover conditions for your own and they are quite reliable when utilising empathic bond. If you prefer drakes which can combo on your fire and ice field with their blast finisher you could pull the 2 points out of marksman and put them into Nature magic for natures protection or strength of spirit and change your adept skirmishing trait for agility training. You could also remove frost trap for lightening reflexes for the extra stun break if you require

regards Roeore

in Ranger

Posted by: Dolt.2731

Dolt.2731

Actually, Survival of the fittest, eb/ bs builds can allow to go power, hybrid, or condi.

I run a bleed build, will get even stronger with patch. Can swap malicious training for keen edge but I like my pet’s cc.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQNAV8YjEqUzaDLusQ1aAAhaVA0OHahYwd/uDjdJrIK-TpRAwAAeAAUuAAdOCAlLD45gA0b/BA

Celest works well with this build also.

The zerker version is a lot of fun as well, there is a thread on it running around here somewhere. Does great dmg.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQNAV8YjEq0xa/KusQ1agDhq9K8rBLrAw9Q8uVdBrOA-TZBFwACuAALOIAVLDA4JAMf/BA

Whoops, you can use RaO over entangle for zerker build.

The trait set up makes for really flexible play styles. I have run celest, grenth chill builds for trolling, etc. The majority of people running similar set-ups go with off hand training instead of martial mastery but i heart sword. If you haven’t already turn auto attack off so you can stop your chain attack.

Get really good with sword 2 and 3 pathing. Kite like a bawss if played well. Particularly turning 180/ sword 2, 180 leap away. I know you said for wvw roaming but here is a vid on how great our leaping is in pvp (i don’t know why he doesn’t 180). Once you get your range down you can do some awesome things in wvw.

Despite shouts, and pet pathing/ not being able to control all abilities; we are in a pretty good spot.

The future is looking very bright as well.

Hope this helps.

Ebenezer Smee, Ranger SBI

(edited by Dolt.2731)