WvW Ranger

WvW Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Dead Muppet.9718

Dead Muppet.9718

Enjoyed your game, spent money in the gem store.
Did 100% map completion and story on my ranger.
No complaints here

In regards to WvW
I have no interest in playing a spirit ranger, so the buffs and changes here mean nothing to myself if not most rangers in WvW.
I love the overall class, but where is the responses to pet ai? Is there any?

Hunters Shot – Please make this hit in a cone or fire 3 arrows, as it fails more often than not for a ability that is suppose to help us kite.

Lightning Reflexes – Please combine this with a removal of 2 conditions

Pet AI and Abilities – Remove the f2 ability from the pet and allow rangers to use this on their own with or without the pet alive – as a bonus for selecting the pet.

Its a start.

WvW Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Their response to F2 abilities was “lol… no.” Feel free to check out the dec 10th thread if you don’t believe me.

WvW Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Nihevil.8024

Nihevil.8024

Pet ai? Nope. Pets are just a copy of mobs you would find in pve, nothing more nothing less.

Elitism in Guild Wars 2. http://i.imgur.com/ZGnzBCI.gif

WvW Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Soilder.3607

Soilder.3607

Pet ai? Nope. Pets are just a copy of mobs you would find in pve, nothing more nothing less.

The funny thing is, this guy’s statement has been confirmed by a-net themselves.

Stormbluff Isle

WvW Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Dead Muppet.9718

Dead Muppet.9718

Their response to F2 abilities was “lol… no.” Feel free to check out the dec 10th thread if you don’t believe me.

Well, hopefully gw2 does something rather than waiting for it to alienate more wvw rangers.

WvW Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Well, hopefully gw2 does something rather than waiting for it to alienate more wvw rangers.

Been over a year and they didn’t even extend the last pet HP buff to WvW so I wouldn’t hold my breath if I were you.

If you want to operate well in a WvW zerg, learn to use the ranger as if the pet doesn’t exist because it won’t for most battles.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

WvW Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Eggyokeo.9705

Eggyokeo.9705

in large fights, the only way that i have gotten any thing that resembles value form a pet is first skill after swap (drakes, blastfinisher) or F2 skill straight after swap (dogs, Moas, might cat). this means that we may have a blast finisher or soft cc/buff every 1 min or it could fail/die

WvW Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Thom.1862

Thom.1862

The GW development team could give 2 $*its about pets F-ups. If they cared then something would of been done by now. Lets not pretend anything we say here is ever going to be fixed. If the development team didn’t create a change in the ranger class, then 100,000 great ideas they did not come up with will never see the light of day.

Substance E has it correct when he says “Been over a year and they didn’t even extend the last pet HP buff to WvW so I wouldn’t hold my breath if I were you.”

“If you want to operate well in a WvW zerg, learn to use the ranger as if the pet doesn’t exist because it won’t for most battles.”

When it comes to pets all I can say is, how can you expect to give us a PvE companion, that can be killed in a few seconds, is easily dodged, whose player castable spells only operate 1/2 the time at best, and achieve success? And because we have this PvE companion we lose some DPS not to mention a multitude of F-ups this class has to offer.

I hate to sound like a jerk but at best all we can hope for is that the development team comes up with something good. But in the time I’ve been playing, since day one, rangers have seen very little GOOD changes, and I doubt anything will ever change to make this class very good in WvW, I could be wrong but I doubt it.

I’ve played every toon to level 80 except and engineer and not any of them have been harder to master as the ranger class. Yet I still play it more than any other class.

WvW Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Oak da Vite.9054

Oak da Vite.9054

The only thing that would help a Ranger in zerg battle is to keep the pet locked away as long as you want to and to let you pull it out when needed. It is so annoying running with a group and alway getting infight because you got hit by a mob and your pet starts fighting it instantly. Also pets die easy and fast in battles and when you need them for condi-remove or protection they are already dead. I don’t understand why we are forced to coordinate our animal as well once we start fighting.

To pull the pet out when needed and put it away when we like it (no heal for the pet while it is in our bag) would be like always having a helpful pet with us and not like running around with an obstacle tied to our leg.

Da Vite – Miller’s Sound
Last Phoenix [Nix]

WvW Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

That is what I do Oak. My pets work well keeping them stowed until I need them or until I actually get into combat.

In zergs, I use pets that provide good boons.
In roam, I use pets that damage or crowd control.

In roam, I wouldn’t use a boon pet. In zerg, I wouldn’t use a damage pet.
In a zerg, you are more of a support player. Giving 3 stacks of might then flipping for fury or a regen isn’t bad.

WvW Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: awge.3852

awge.3852

With regards to spirits (devs love these puppies don’t they) I get how useful they can be in PvE and PvP, but have any of you had any success using them in WvW extensively? I can’t see myself roaming with them, not even zerg surfing, maybe 5 man teams? But what do I know I haven’t given them a chance. Does the spirit ranger stand its ground in WvW and where?

Mon Fils — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Blackgate
Ranger’s guide to PvP/WvW: http://tinyurl.com/oht3e9z

WvW Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: AydenStar.4216

AydenStar.4216

Yup, the Ranger’s main mechanic is is a carbon copy of a pve mob. Nothing more and a lot if nothing.

WvW Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: NargofWoV.4267

NargofWoV.4267

Yea, I stopped playing my Ranger in wvw a while ago… I may revisit after this patch… I no longer wanted to fight the Anet’s opinion on what Rangers are suppose to be in WvW vs. my own opinion on what a Ranger should be in WvW.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

WvW Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Yea, I stopped playing my Ranger in wvw a while ago… I may revisit after this patch… I no longer wanted to fight the Anet’s opinion on what Rangers are suppose to be in WvW vs. my own opinion on what a Ranger should be in WvW.

I don’t even think they know what we are supposed to be in WvW.

Our only group utility is useless in a zerg fight and our solo roaming build is a cheese regen tank version of Engi/Necro with less conditions and aoe which means we can’t even join the zerg again if we wanted to on that build.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…