WvW Roaming Build

WvW Roaming Build

in Ranger

Posted by: Kerivek.5740

Kerivek.5740

So I have recently leveled up a Ranger and I am having a ton of fun with it. I am looking to find a solid WvW roaming build. I would likely be rolling with a Thief and a Necro…generally it would be just 2 or 3 of us. So what I am looking for is a good WvW build for solo/small group roaming.

The idea is finding something where I could be effective in 1v1/2/3 situations but also synergize well with a small roaming group. Anyone have builds that fit the bill?

WvW Roaming Build

in Ranger

Posted by: Magical Things.8465

Magical Things.8465

WvW Roaming Build

in Ranger

Posted by: beatthedown.2651

beatthedown.2651

Before you buy those expensive sigills, use the older version of the build. It’s not worth it. Just use Soldier gear as armor and rest Berserker. Having Generosity sigill on staff helps against the condi spam meta. GS instead of sword/Wh as weapon works too.

WvW Roaming Build

in Ranger

Kerivek.5740

Is the PvP Shoutbow build viable for WvW roaming? I have been using it in PvP and I really enjoy the build but I haven’t made gear to try it in WvW yet.

WvW Roaming Build

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Is the PvP Shoutbow build viable for WvW roaming? I have been using it in PvP and I really enjoy the build but I haven’t made gear to try it in WvW yet.

Yup. You don’t want to go bunker though, you won’t be able to kill anything. Bunker is only good for PvP. The build itself is very strong though.

I’d recommend as glassy as possible where you still feel comfortable, although some people in another similar thread recently suggested tank-ish. With stealth spam you’re really not going to be in trouble in full glass though, you can easily 1vX.

WvW Roaming Build

in Ranger

Kerivek.5740

What gear you would recommend for the Shoutbow build from metabattle? I normally use the menders trinket with Dolyak runes for sPvP but I am undecided on what kind of gear to build for converting it to WvW.

I was thinking about just going mostly Marauder to get more offensive power but I am wondering if I should find a way to get some healing power in there to bring it more in line with the PvP version.

(edited by Kerivek.5740)

WvW Roaming Build

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Easiest thing would be to customize it with trinkets. If you already have PvE berserker armor you could use that, or get the “free” CoF dungeon armor (and even stick dolyak runes on it if you want.) Then just add healing power or more damage via trinkets as you like.

If you mostly solo roam I doubt you’ll want much if any healing power. With 3 easy ways to stealth you can get most of your healing from just WHaO. And it’s easy enough to top off with CA or staff.

WvW Roaming Build

in Ranger

Kerivek.5740

I won’t necessarily be solo. I will often have 1 or 2 friends with me. But the more I think about it the more I reach the same conclusion…the healing power is probably not needed. The only gear I have created so far is a Viper set for my Condi build. That is why I am debating here. I don’t really care about building a berserker set for PvE so I am just going to build whatever would be best for PvP. I suppose I will just have to make some exotics to test drive different sets before I go and build an ascended set.

WvW Roaming Build

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

I’m not sure how wealthy you are, ascended armor is very expensive and barely gives you any stat boost at all. If you don’t mind some mild PvE, the dungeon CoF runs are insanely fast and easy and after — I’m randomly guessing 20 runs? — you get enough tokens for a free set of exotic berserker armor that you can “ruin” with dolyak runes or whatever. It’s a lot less PvE than the HoT armor stats.

Ascended trinkets are where it’s at, and those are really easy to swap if you want more survivability or damage or healing.

WvW Roaming Build

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

I’m not sure how wealthy you are, ascended armor is very expensive and barely gives you any stat boost at all. If you don’t mind some mild PvE, the dungeon CoF runs are insanely fast and easy and after — I’m randomly guessing 20 runs? — you get enough tokens for a free set of exotic berserker armor that you can “ruin” with dolyak runes or whatever. It’s a lot less PvE than the HoT armor stats.

Ascended trinkets are where it’s at, and those are really easy to swap if you want more survivability or damage or healing.

actually if i’m not wrong you can buy zerker armor in straits of devastation, in one of the temples for karma.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Temple_armor

in any case i would advise to go maraurder. the extra health pool is a plus against all the condi meta.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

(edited by anduriell.6280)