WvW Roaming Druid (Outnumbered)

in Ranger

Posted by: Link.9856

Link.9856

I’ve been roaming for years now, with some PvP and GvG intertwined as well. My first and last upload of me roaming was nearly 3 years ago and I decided it was time to start uploading again. Only now I’m much better than my skill clicking self was at the time.

If you wish to see me solo roaming with outnumbered fights, here’s a brand new video I posted. The build is in the description of the video.

https://youtu.be/uTD7nC9xjYg

Feel free to leave your impressions and any other thoughts you may have. I also accept salt.

in Ranger

Posted by: SeranusGaming.7362

SeranusGaming.7362

Just watched this video and was simply amazed! I just bought the game two days ago and boost-leveled a Necro but now I’m reconsidering that choice. The Ranger was a close second for me but I was afraid I would get bored with the LB/GS. This looks like it’s so much more engaging to play.

As a new player who can’t get ascended gear for quite some time, is there a different armor set you would suggest that I can use to get similar results?

Thanks!

Kara “Tiptoes” Sheridan (Ranger)
Tarnished Coast Roleplayers [TCRP]
“Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Aside from ace footage, I highly recommend using Instant ground-target instead of the other two (normal, fast with range indicator).

With instant, you can adjust the trajectory of ground-target and directional-target skills mid-cast before the move produces projectiles or skill.

Being able to land attacks with split-second adjustments with the cursor because they dodged or moved out of my initial target-spot is an advantage using that specific option.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: Link.9856

Link.9856

Just watched this video and was simply amazed! I just bought the game two days ago and boost-leveled a Necro but now I’m reconsidering that choice. The Ranger was a close second for me but I was afraid I would get bored with the LB/GS. This looks like it’s so much more engaging to play.

As a new player who can’t get ascended gear for quite some time, is there a different armor set you would suggest that I can use to get similar results?

Thanks!

Before getting some of that ascended Marauder’s stuff I was using full Berserker gear (exotic) and it worked well enough for me. I only decided to get the marauder’s when I got the ascended since I figured it would overall help me a little bit in 1vX situations. (I still have a couple pieces of exotic zerker) Personally for a newer player I would recommend likely starting off running a bit tankier gear. Keep in mind I’ve been playing ranger since beta on a pretty high level, making the glassier option more viable for me.

Edit: P.S. LB/GS is still really fun and I still use it quite often. Staff just tends to be more versatile for 1vX roaming and helps with survival when using a glassy setup like I have.

(edited by Link.9856)

in Ranger

SeranusGaming.7362

@ Link:

Thanks for the reply! I used my “boost” option to level a Necro but it looks like that tonight, I’ll be starting over on my Ranger. At least leveling in GW2 is easy and pretty fun as it will help with getting the Druid tree unlocked faster as well as the painful grind to 500 in crafting.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

You should have left out that last fight, you beat up two FTP newbs in masterwork gear trying to leave their keep.

Nice use of stealth. I prefer wolf over smokescale in PvP and sort of by habit take wolf in WvW, but everytime I see someone using it well I have to reconsider.

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Wolf is clutch when timed and it lands.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Ya, I really can’t play PvP without it. SS is an A+ pet as well though.

in Ranger

Posted by: HatSimulator.9362

HatSimulator.9362

I got some salt for this.

kitten druids in WvW. Every time I fight a druid, even with many people, they never die until at least 20 seconds after the fight starts. Against druids its always longbow 2 immobe you for 7 seconds one trick pony garbage.

When I see druids, I literally just walk away and /laugh. Some if not most of them have no idea what to do after they waste longbow 4 and 2.

Cancer

Gates of Madness [DUI]
Main Warrior | Every other class at 80
I only play WvW

in Ranger

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Ya, I really can’t play PvP without it. SS is an A+ pet as well though.

I use both in WvW, personally. Smokescale is first out for most fights and I have Wolf on swap with Clarion Bond for the unblockable Fear/knockdown. If I’m against a Thief, I start with Wolf instead so I send the Smokescale in for unblockable Smoke Assault when they try to run away.

I’m almost always using one or the other. The buff to Call Of The Wild giving it the Unblockable effect made using them together quite a bit stronger.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

I use both in WvW, personally. Smokescale is first out for most fights and I have Wolf on swap with Clarion Bond for the unblockable Fear/knockdown. If I’m against a Thief, I start with Wolf instead so I send the Smokescale in for unblockable Smoke Assault when they try to run away.

I’m almost always using one or the other. The buff to Call Of The Wild giving it the Unblockable effect made using them together quite a bit stronger.

That’s something I hadn’t really played with too much. I use bristleback for the other pet because I like the taunt into a point blank burst on the F2, but I’ll have to screw around with SS/wolf. That’s overall more CC than the bristleback taunt, so I could switch to the quickness trait.

in Ranger

SeranusGaming.7362

So I’ve been testing around with this build using a few changes that I like a bit better and while the learning curve has been slow, I think I finally got the hang of things last night. You know when you just “feel” comfortable? That’s how this game went…

I’m playing Jalassa…

Attachments: