Wvw Ranger/Druid Armor Question

in Ranger

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

Hello there,

I have been playing ranger for three years. Until this meta everything was fine and clear, cool and dandy. But now I cannot decide on my gear. I usually roam but it is constantly me vs 1+ . Sometimes I hang out with zergs. I use marauder/zerker mix armor. But what about trinkets and rune set?

Any insights apart from durability runes and commander pieces?

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

If you’re going to fight multiple opponents you either need to be incredibly durable or very glassy and use tons of stealth.

Either will work, and the druid can do both, but I strongly prefer the glassy version because tanky druids won’t be able to kill even single opponents a lot of the time, and killing multiple opponents relies on them being incredibly stupid. At least with glass you can figure out if the fight is winnable and then either spike people or stealth and just leave.

in Ranger

alain.1659

Thank you for your kind answer. That is the problem I am fighting on. Unlike other professions, ranger/druid cannot be tanky & kill efficiently at the same time. I guess my game play with ele screwed my bunker/dps perceptions.

in Ranger

Posted by: kappa.2036

kappa.2036

So you are looking for a build that works in both small and big scale fights? Here you go:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBmYD7kSFoWQsXQwhFgrFsMLYPBg603C+fWQfoORt5UWrEpHG-T1SDQBS4IAMKlQQUZB80Nwk9HAwDCIgq/swDCQXUqIvLAQHVCuZQAYCRA///NJJRKA/GaB-w
This is a very versatile setup. You have:
- 2300 power (this build can stack a lot of might so you we have roughly 2.7-2.8k power all the time);
-30% crit chance (permafury with Tiger and warhorn, so you will have 50% crit chance all the time);
-3000 armor, perfect when you fight a lot of opponents;
-2100 vitality, i think is perfect for a ranger;
-190% ferocity (you can also pick Furious Sharpening Stones if you want to have 200% ferocity and more thoughness);
-550 healing power. Now, the amount of healing you can have really depends on you. You can pick Furious Tuning Crystals for a +100 healing instead of power Stones. Then, with 250 healing power from sigil of Life you can have 900 healing power, that is quite good in my opinion if you run with a zerg;
-20% boon duration. I know, is not much. BUT you can drop Healing food for a more consistent Plate of Mussels Gnashblade if you want to reach 35%-40% boon duration.
-AoE condi clears with every shout (this is nice both for you and your allies, but you are forced to run shouts. If you don’t wanna run them, pick Durability instead);

For weapons, you have multiple choices here. Personally, i go Staff/Sword-Warhorn in big groups, but for roaming you can also equip:
-Greatsword/Sword-axe or warhorn if you like the melee playstyle;
-Staff/Longbow if you like to pewpew;
-Staff/Greatsword is a good pick also;

You can also change some skills/pets/traits depending on what are you doing.
As you can see, the build can adapt on what you want to run in that moment. I played with this setup for 2 months and i find myself very confortable

in Ranger

alain.1659

Well… Godkitten it! It looks really wonderful! This is beyond micromanaging by the way I will give it a try as soon as possible.