Yet another bugged trait.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dante Dragonhand.2538

Dante Dragonhand.2538

This patch may have made GS quite good, but it has mad several traits bug out, and they are very very important traits.

Opening strikes is one of them, not only does it get removed if you use an attack even when not in combat, it doesnt apply the vulnerability even with all the traits.

Pets prowess is another bugged one, and this is one of our most important traits since its 30% crit damage for our pets. It apparently doesnt work on f2 abilities, and has been said to work on normal attacks, but Ive yet to test this. However, it is bugged on the f2 abilities, tested with bird pets. This hurts any bird user, which is the only pet I use as a longbow ranger.

I just wanna know how every time a patch comes out, especially if we get buffed, we always get a new set of bugged traits. Warriors last patch got a ninja buff, healing surge grants 3 bars of adren instead of one, that wasnt in the patch notes. I hope this crap gets fixed soon.

in Ranger

Dante Dragonhand.2538

No1 else noticed this?

in Ranger

Posted by: xPraks.5096

xPraks.5096

I did notice the opening strike bug. I don’t use pets prowess so can’t really tell you about that one.

in Ranger

Posted by: Glektor.2934

Glektor.2934

People noticed. But, these aren’t new or related to the last patch. These are just more things that have been broken for ages… you know, cause Anet doesn’t ever fix anything.

IIRC, opening strike only works up to a certain range… and it might only work on auto-attack or something dumb also.

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

People noticed. But, these aren’t new or related to the last patch. These are just more things that have been broken for ages… you know, cause Anet doesn’t ever fix anything.

IIRC, opening strike only works up to a certain range… and it might only work on auto-attack or something dumb also.

I can open up with 20 vuln on every fight if I have opening strikes up, you just need to be w/in 900 range, I personally think the range on it is stupid, it should be AT LEAST 1200….

Before I’m asked the vuln is from me and my pet using opening strikes (if YOU are out of range your pet won’t apply it either) and then me opening with Hunters Shot.

Pets Prowess has been bugged since drake pets have been bugged (BWE3) when both of those are fixed…. Oh god have mercy on the souls of the warriors I’m going to tear open!!

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: WeWantWaffles.2873

WeWantWaffles.2873

Yeah these bugs aren’t new. We’re just used to it.

in Ranger

Dante Dragonhand.2538

I can open up with 20 vuln on every fight if I have opening strikes up, you just need to be w/in 900 range, I personally think the range on it is stupid, it should be AT LEAST 1200….

Before I’m asked the vuln is from me and my pet using opening strikes (if YOU are out of range your pet won’t apply it either) and then me opening with Hunters Shot.

Pets Prowess has been bugged since drake pets have been bugged (BWE3) when both of those are fixed…. Oh god have mercy on the souls of the warriors I’m going to tear open!!

There shouldnt be a range limit too it, and even when Im point blank I dont get the vulnerability up with it. Also for those saying pets prowess isnt new, it is. Before patch my raven was hitting the light armored target for 3500 twice with his blinding slash, now its doing 2700-2800, so its obviously new since it only started after patch. I still dont know if it works on other attacks, but even if it does, a huge part of why I use it is because it goes perfectly with ravens on demand burst. Although jaguar would still be useful with it since all his attacks.

As for the opening strike, maybe Im firing off an arrow at max range before moving in close but I still never notice this trait working, or any of the pet buff traits working. Also from 1000-1500 range longbows auto attack turns off. Hopefully these get fixed, soon. Im personally kinda tired of waiting but no other games out are worth playing atm. Even with all its issues this game is still the best out.

I cant imagine how good drakes will be when they get fixed, a blast finisher with tail swipe + tons of damage. Tooltip says 1006 and under water its 1400+, does any1 know how this will convert to damage since pet attacks seem to show small numbers on tooltips yet hit soo hard. Point in case, blinding slash says about 650 but does 7-16k

in Ranger

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I thought Tail Swipe was a whirl finisher. Blast finisher would be awesome though.

in Ranger

Posted by: ShinraGuardian.8053

ShinraGuardian.8053

Range is 900 or closer. 9/10 axe auto attacks will cause vulnerability. However, with proper traits it doesn’t refresh on kill properly and pets seem to never apply it.

Dragonbrand
Elementalist
The Dragonfly Effect [Phi]

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

There shouldnt be a range limit too it, and even when Im point blank I dont get the vulnerability up with it. Also for those saying pets prowess isnt new, it is. Before patch my raven was hitting the light armored target for 3500 twice with his blinding slash, now its doing 2700-2800, so its obviously new since it only started after patch. I still dont know if it works on other attacks, but even if it does, a huge part of why I use it is because it goes perfectly with ravens on demand burst. Although jaguar would still be useful with it since all his attacks.

As for the opening strike, maybe Im firing off an arrow at max range before moving in close but I still never notice this trait working, or any of the pet buff traits working. Also from 1000-1500 range longbows auto attack turns off. Hopefully these get fixed, soon. Im personally kinda tired of waiting but no other games out are worth playing atm. Even with all its issues this game is still the best out.

I cant imagine how good drakes will be when they get fixed, a blast finisher with tail swipe + tons of damage. Tooltip says 1006 and under water its 1400+, does any1 know how this will convert to damage since pet attacks seem to show small numbers on tooltips yet hit soo hard. Point in case, blinding slash says about 650 but does 7-16k

Drakes would be absolutely AMAZING, i know in BWE2 (pre damage buff) his tail swipe would oneshot every glass canon it hit if i used Signet of the Hunt or great swords #5 as he was charging it up, it has THE MOST obvious animation i’ve ever seen though but my god does it WRECK people…

Ah…. i remember when my drake saved me from a hundred blades warrior by tailswipping him from half health to downed…. good times…. good times….

Oh btw, Chomp GREATLY increased the drakes survivability because it was a cone aoe (like the drake auto attack) that healed the drake based on either how much damage was done or how many targets he hit (didn’t have enough time to actually test it i just remember the more enemies there were the more health he got), not to mention that tool tip says it does 340 dmg or so, and seeing as how the 100 damage his auto attack does = 1k damage or so…. yeah… he’s going to show the cats and birds whose the real man on campus when it comes to damage!!

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna