[Your builds] PvP

[Your builds] PvP

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Hey guyz, since there’s been a high demand on all kinds of PvP builds lately I thought I’d create a complex topic once gw2skills get updated with new PvP amulets.

Till that time I’d like to ask you all to share your most effective builds you used for PvP in this pre-season. I tried to test everything that came to my mind but I might have left some builds out or you guyz might see “strong” in something different.

Please, feel free to use the following template to help me see the overall opinion easier:

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/ – build associated, simply type the amulet manually if it’s not yet available
<Sustained Support> – the role of the build
<Fire Trap in CAF #3 with Mad Seeds synergy> – a quick note what makes the build unique to other builds
(if you already made a thread about the build – link to it is perfectly sufficient)

I’ll look through them and once I gather enough opinions and the site is updated I’ll create a thread to help people look through their options when deciding to go into new PvP meta.

I’m looking forward to seeing your builds everyone and thanks for your suggestions beforehand.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

[Your builds] PvP

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Ranger | Elementalist

[Your builds] PvP

in Ranger

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

(edited by Stand The Wall.6987)

[Your builds] PvP

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Because of your heal. Not cause of the rune.

[Your builds] PvP

in Ranger

Stand The Wall.6987

Well, yeah. The prot is applied at teh start of the heal and procs again thanks to the pet. Good deal imo, but enough about me, waddya think Eurantien? The rune worth it or meh. Also offhand axe hype. Cmmoooonnn… Do it, hey just do it.

Attachments:

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

(edited by Stand The Wall.6987)

[Your builds] PvP

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

@Stand the Wall
I like your point on the rune Synergy. That’s exactly the stuff I was looking for. Thanks.

[Your builds] PvP

in Ranger

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATRjEqQBL2yCmsAVLG2DqeG+9hYv9A4s/n/IW+JkC-TpBFwAVLDI4QAA4BAQ4CAg4IAAc/BA

Truthfully never done rated pvp and I heard the maps are different there so that could make a big difference. Anyway I use this build now. Been having a lot of success so far in unranked.

[Your builds] PvP

in Ranger

Posted by: Miles Smiles.8951

Miles Smiles.8951

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJAWRnUqAFsiVsCmsCctglOBz5vFAKcPtgBwCD+lOT3pl8s0A-TpBIABhdBAA4BAYx+DHXGQgjAg3HCAA
<Sustained Support, heavy CC>
<Implementing a pretty neglected amulet, renewed “Instinctive Reaction” trait soft-synergy>
Possible Tweaks: “Rune of Leadership”; GS might also use “Sigil of Leeching”.

[Your builds] PvP

in Ranger

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Melee brawler

High poison uptime, high mobility, high physical resistance, medium on point sustain, medium damage.

Low ranged capability, low burst condition removal, no critical damage.

Strong against regen reliant builds via medium – high poison pressure. Strong against physically bursty builds due to extremely high toughness, access to evades and kiting potential through mobility.

Weak against bursty condition application such as Venom Thieves or Signet Of Spite Necromancers, etc. Weak against kiting reliant builds such as Greatsword camping Mesmers or competent longbow Rangers.

Not a burst and win build. This is a brawler, semi-tank build with medium damage pressure. Had lots of success with it by holding points when we needed it most and roaming between groups to support team reviving, stomping and pressuring.

Sigils are changeable. I don’t think they’re the “optimal” choices but I like them as they are.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

[Your builds] PvP

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

@SpellOfIniquity
I was actually thinking of a build like this. But I’ll be frank.

I suck at full melee so I naturally lost a lot. How much success did you have without a druid traitline? Since this full evasive game-play focuses on prolonged fights, I found having Druid a must. For both the nuke and CC. What is your insight on this?

[Your builds] PvP

in Ranger

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

@SpellOfIniquity
I was actually thinking of a build like this. But I’ll be frank.

I suck at full melee so I naturally lost a lot. How much success did you have without a druid traitline? Since this full evasive game-play focuses on prolonged fights, I found having Druid a must. For both the nuke and CC. What is your insight on this?

This is a pre-season build so it may not be as effective any more, I probably should have included that in the description.

I had lots of success with it. Power builds had a lot of trouble with me with the exception of talented Thieves and Lockdown Mesmers. Holding a point was quite easy against the majority of builds just due to sheer resistance, evades and mobility (very high endurance regeneration + weapon evades). If you know when to spam greatsword AA for evades and when to swap to sword to stick to your targets it can be a very effective build.

You could try something more like this instead if you’d like to use Druid. I think it’s viable without but Rejuvenating Tides and Lunar Impact can admittedly make a pretty big difference. Granted, at the loss of additional endurance regeneration and projectile defense.

The meta has changed since I used this build so if you plan to try, it might need some adjustments. Otherwise, my past success with it I’d rate at least 80%. Always felt like I was contributing and rarely felt like I was being countered.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

[Your builds] PvP

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

#Support / #Condi Druid
havnt played it myself(i dont like condi weapons), jsut i got reminded this this rune and thought to to twik the the meta healing druid around it.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAW8fnUqAVsiFsC2CCctglOB7pFEqWYOBuAQhDelOTzpl8s0A-TpRHABAcBAu9BAAVZgAOIADcEAef/BA

With the new protect me with have good amount of stun breakers on a low CD. It is known by now that druids are a prime targets for CC. This build gives extra support from stun breakers.
The (6) bonus is not bad, with this amulet is ~2k aow heal for each stun breaker.

[Your builds] PvP

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

@Lugh
Settler amulet no longer Exists. But I can follow your main idea.

[Your builds] PvP

in Ranger

Posted by: BROKENCAPS.4561

BROKENCAPS.4561

Your build inspired me to try this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAR8XnUqA1Ci9sA+CCctgBGh6fiSol5w9oDAf0HhT/kpduUA-TJBFABEcRAEvMAAPBA63fAA

Basically it’s more of a melee orientated Non Druid version utilising Quick Draw – giving nice Retaliation uptime (Axe 5 – WHAO). The retaliation + the ridiculous Protection uptime is great versus thieves especially. You could go Paladin for the extra toughness, or even Longbow instead of Great Sword if melee’s not your thing.

[Your builds] PvP

in Ranger

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

I’m curious whether the 4-5 extra seconds of protection is worth it over the extra hp and toughness with the condition cleanse for nearly allies on shouts from Soldier rune. With Herald, you can actually maintain perma protection, but you also lack condi cleanse outside of CA. Without WS, you only have Evasive Purity for condi cleanse and that is probably an overall downgrade from near perma vigor.

So the tradeoff is more protection uptime for less condition defence. I can see the condition cleanse being more useful in the end.

[Your builds] PvP

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

@Lugh
Settler amulet no longer Exists. But I can follow your main idea.

Ho, LoL. well, not playing condies:) Sorry about that.

[Your builds] PvP

in Ranger

Stand The Wall.6987

snip

I’m curious whether the 4-5 extra seconds of protection is worth it over the extra hp and toughness with the condition cleanse for nearly allies on shouts from Soldier rune. With Herald, you can actually maintain perma protection, but you also lack condi cleanse outside of CA. Without WS, you only have Evasive Purity for condi cleanse and that is probably an overall downgrade from near perma vigor.

So the tradeoff is more protection uptime for less condition defence. I can see the condition cleanse being more useful in the end.

ye soljer is prob your best bet.

[Your builds] PvP

in Ranger

Posted by: Eirh.1439

Eirh.1439

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJAWRnUqAFsiVsC+sActgFPBz5v1pGcPrgAQCDOlGTzpn480lC-TZBFgANXAAgHAQyRAgd/BmDBAA

With Paladin amulett (or whatever the power-prec-tough-vit amulett was)

I wanted to have some healing power in the build, and of all healing power runes I think Grove works the best in the build, though that aspect is rather debateable. I think 175 Healing Power is a very noticeable difference to 0, but there are definitely alternative runes you could take just as well.

I was first rather unsure if Search and Rescue was worth taking, but after trying it out I have to say that it’s absolutely amazing. The range is really high and you can even activate it a few seconds before your pet gets in allied range in the first place. I mostly played with it in soloqueues, but with the short cooldown you can absolutely carry teamfights with that one skill. Especially on some maps liky Khylo you can get some crazy ports that way.

In general I think the old bunker playstyle alone isn’t really that valuable anymore, as you can’t hold a 1v2 on point for any reasonable amount of time anymore if your enemies are even a bit decent. So I’m playing it more for the roaming capabilities, going for decaps or 1v1s or +1ing fights whenever possible. With some teammates in voicechat you can often even tell them to go down when they are in a bad situation because you can quickly get a res on them anyways, with no issue. Just port them behind a corner and they are up again in 2 seconds.

Semper Concordia [SC]
Abaddons Mouth

[Your builds] PvP

in Ranger

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATWnUqA9Ci9sA2CCctglZBD+fmQfoPBg603yZqNnyalMtzA-TJRIABGVGw7nAAO7PAwlAAA

Cleric is likely to outshine Mender. With soldier rune, you can cleanse some condis and heal through the rest. CCs aren’t a big concern if you can use CA 5 (cast and immediately cancel for a free 2 seconds of stability while casting other heals), Protect Me, and SotP well enough and kite as well. It’s a highly survivable spec in team fights and can survive 1v1s against most classes on a point long enough for help to arrive.

And best of all, it does TONS of pet damage. Seriously, pet swap into Bristleback f2 is pretty major burst with that quickness. You can also use Guard and then cast your heal after the 6 seconds (which you’ll probably need after all the damage your pet will take) for an instant 25 might stacks on your pet for wild Bristleback burst. Follow up with Rapid Fire for vulnerability and you’ll have a downed or retreating focus target immediately.

[Your builds] PvP

in Ranger

Posted by: rummy.4102

rummy.4102

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATWnUqA9Ci9sA2CCctglZBD+fmQfoPBg603yZqNnyalMtzA-TJRIABGVGw7nAAO7PAwlAAA

Cleric is likely to outshine Mender. With soldier rune, you can cleanse some condis and heal through the rest. CCs aren’t a big concern if you can use CA 5 (cast and immediately cancel for a free 2 seconds of stability while casting other heals), Protect Me, and SotP well enough and kite as well. It’s a highly survivable spec in team fights and can survive 1v1s against most classes on a point long enough for help to arrive.

And best of all, it does TONS of pet damage. Seriously, pet swap into Bristleback f2 is pretty major burst with that quickness. You can also use Guard and then cast your heal after the 6 seconds (which you’ll probably need after all the damage your pet will take) for an instant 25 might stacks on your pet for wild Bristleback burst. Follow up with Rapid Fire for vulnerability and you’ll have a downed or retreating focus target immediately.

I’m running a very close variation of this to great success. I take GS over LB, and use water/transference on my staff. I took evasive purity, and greatsword training (obviously) for traits as well. I don’t use smokescale, I use the tiger.

This build rotates extremely well, its super fast and like you mentioned it is highly survivable and does respectable dps. This is by far the best roaming build I’ve seen or played.

Guildlord of [Top] (Gate of Madness)

If you don’t get it right the first time, keep on sucking until you do!

[Your builds] PvP

in Ranger

Posted by: Ghorman.1368

Ghorman.1368

I’m currently run this build been running it right after the shout updates. Its close to the shoutbow build but I’m not using NM.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATWnUqA9sg1CC+CCctglOBz5vFAWZPtgQ1CDelWT3pA-TpRBABEt/wGHCg4LDAwFA4hHAgGHBAA

[Your builds] PvP

in Ranger

Posted by: Miles Smiles.8951

Miles Smiles.8951

Well, according to your link you actually do use Nature Magic. Or you meant something else by NM?
Oh, you may have meant that you run different traits, not going for the “Protective Ward”, right?

(edited by Miles Smiles.8951)

[Your builds] PvP

in Ranger

Posted by: Ghorman.1368

Ghorman.1368

Well, according to your link you actually do use Nature Magic. Or you meant something else by NM?
Oh, you may have meant that you run different traits, not going for the “Protective Ward”, right?

sorry that was my PVE vs.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATWnUqA9sg1CC+CCctgFMB75GsqqYw10faRtZZNACAA-TpRBABEt/Q8lB24QAoxRAAgLAwDPAAA

[Your builds] PvP

in Ranger

Posted by: BROKENCAPS.4561

BROKENCAPS.4561

This vanilla ranger boon stacking build has been working well for me in Unranked PVP pre-season:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAT8XnUqA1Ci9CCOsActghFhav8A4o9QvES9PKK2XukpdG-TpBFABOcEAEvMADHEAAeAAEcBAaf/BA

I’m particularly enjoying well timed retaliation from O/H axe 5 (13.5 seconds of it with WHAO). It really screws up bursty classes like thieves in the current meta (even with the -33.33% PVP modifier)