Your wishlist for 2014 (ranger changes)

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Let us not discuss, let us not bicker, let us just post our wishes, or +1 others with the same wishes. If you want to, you could include a short reasoning for why you want a change. I will make a simple template for you guys and gals to follow, just so we can keep the thread tidy. I’ll try to keep track of the top 5 wishes in each category, and i will send the end result to Jon Peters, and any other developer i can think of, a PM with the results. Just to make sure our voice is heard even clearer.

’s Wishlist for Ranger changes in 2014:

Pet
1st Wish =
2nd Wish =
3rd Wish =
4th Wish =
5th Wish =

Weapons
1st Wish =
2nd Wish =
3rd Wish =
4th Wish =
5th Wish =

Trait system
1st Wish =
2nd Wish =
3rd Wish =
4th Wish =
5th Wish =

Utility Skills
1st Wish =
2nd Wish =
3rd Wish =
4th Wish =
5th Wish =

Prysin’s Wishlist for Ranger changes 2014:

Pet
1st Wish = Greater diversity/animal families, EG; snakes, minotaurs, bugs
2nd Wish = The ability to mount certain animals through a grandmaster trait
3rd Wish = Better model scaling with Norn and Charr
4th Wish = Increasing base HP in WvW equal to what was done in PvE
5th Wish = Giving more pets the ability to cleave, ranged pets (Spider/Devourer) get cone attacks.

Weapons
1st Wish = The ability to use Spears (Offensive high DPS melee) and staffs (defensive buffing ranged) on land.

2nd Wish = Give “Long Range shot” 100% projectile finisher chance. If anything, this will greatly increase longbow synergy with other professions/players.

3rd Wish = Make Monarch’s Leap/Hornet Sting into a “Shadowstep” like move. Currently this skill is too random, and the jump-back effect more often then not causes problems.

4th Wish = Torch #5, allow it to become a AOE similar to traps when using the trait “Offhand Mastery”.

5th Wish = Warhorn #4, change skill. AOE blind X seconds, applies 3 seconds Fear on enemies with less then 50% HP.

Trait system
1st Wish = Signet of the Beastmaster, Make signets apply to the ranger, aswell as pet, without having to trait for it. Either remove this trait, or redesign it into something similar to “Trap Potency”, just for signets instead.

2nd Wish = Opening Strikes, merge the current Marksman Adept Minor and Master Minor. Make either Spotter, Beastmasters Might or Eagle Eye the new Master Minor

3rd Wish = Give us a Minor (be it adept, master or grandmaster) trait that increases movement speed while wielding bows.

4th Wish = Increase HP or toughness on spirits. Give them passive regeneration equal to the player through “Natural healing” trait. (125hp/3sec)

5th Wish = Allow rangers to become invisible when out of combat for more then 30 seconds if using the trait “Hide in plain sight”.

Utility Skills
1st Wish = Remove the healthbar, or summoning duration on spirits. Either they last for XX seconds/minutes or they last until they are killed (this system cannot be implemented into PvP as it would make spirits over the top OP)

2nd Wish = Allow Search and Rescue to instantly revive downed or defeated players on the cost of pet dieing. In WvW, pet’s should ignore NPC’s to avoid too much lord ressing.

3rd Wish = Give us back Preparations. They are great, and would let the ranger shine as a ranged profession. Removing obsolete traits in the Skirmishing line would open up for the ability to trait these utilities.

4th Wish = Reduce Cooldown on Quickening Zephyr by a few seconds. Now that the attack rate has been reduced, it is less effective and thus, deserves a lower cooldown.

5th Wish = Make Lightning Reflexes a blast or leap finisher and remove Immobilize, Chilled and Crippled conditions.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Ranger

Posted by: Kjeld.9730

Kjeld.9730

My first and only wish for rangers is a fix for the bug that causes F2 pet skills to cancel and go on full cooldown, mostly after swapping.

Ranger of [MGK] – Aurora glade.

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Here’s my wishlisting stuff:

Pet:
F1 changed to attack and retreat.
F2 made more responsive so it worked when I pushed the button.
F3 changed to control the secondary pet abilities and be responsive.
Pets gain aegis when the ranger evades or dodges on a 4 second cooldown.

Longbow:
Given a burst skill like killshot. I don’t care how you do it, but the weapon needs real burst.
Rapid Fire keeps the same damage but loses a second off the channel.

Shortbow:
A tormenting shot.
A burning shot.

Greatsword:
Blast on maul.
Damage increase on auto attack.
Leap attached to hilt bash.

Sword:
Leaps removed from auto chain.
Tighter tracking on serpent strike so it hits more often.

Dagger:
Tighter tracking on stalker strike so it hits more often. Perhaps even torment instead of poison.

Traits:
Piercing shot an adept trait.
Eagle Eye affects both bows.
Signet of Beastmaster replaced and signets work by default.
Remorseless changed to provide a DPS increase on targets below 50%
Spirits removed and instead they simply give your pet those abilities (spirit aura and activated centered on pet). Trait that allows spirits to move removed.
Trap Potency already built into traps and this trait removed.

That’s enough for now. I don’t want a list of 100 things here

in Ranger

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

My two greatest wishes are;

• that pets remember their names…
  • and that griffons bacome tamable…
Kima & Co

in Ranger

Posted by: DanSH.6143

DanSH.6143

This is a great idea, thanks Prysin.
Before I’ll write down my wishlist I’d like to point out the major flaws in the ranger class:

• Most utility skills are not effective if not traited, this leads to very little build diversity.
  • Weapon skills are too weak. Having a pet should be our advantage, reducing our own damage output because we have a pet makes no sense.
  • Pets are unreliable, if you don’t have full Beastmastery your pet is weak both offensively and defensively. Also, the pet system is bugged (pet won’t use the F2 skill and it will go on full cd)
  • Grandmasters aren’t strong as they should be, they’re extremely situational or utility-dependant.
  • Rangers lack condition removal.

Griften’s Wishlist for Ranger changes in 2014:

Pet
1) Rework to the pet system that will allow another active pet skill and thus promote active play
2) More effective and impacting pet skills – longer range, higher dps, longer boon/condi durations, etc…
3) More group support / crowd control through pets, but without being required to heavily trait for it.
4) Better AI for the pets.
5) Increased vitality and toughness for all pets.

Weapons
1) Increase the dps of the Longbow skills. channel and cast times should remain the same to maintain the longbow’s concept, but there should be higher reward for being so slow.
2) Sword needs a rework. It’s not enjoyable to use, players like having control of their character, and it just feels too clunky. Using the auto chain in PvP usually leads to suicide.
3) Improved dps and reliability of the GS auto attack and skills.

Trait System
1) Marksmanship’s minor traits are too weak and requires a rework. The Marksmanship’s Grandmaster trait “Signet of the Beastmaster” should be reworked, the signets should always affect the player, the current signet system discourages build diversity.
2) Skirmishing’s major traits are too weak and do not support melee combat. It doesn’t feel like this trait line even has a concept since it has so many none raw damage supportive traits. Since sword has the highest dps out-put it would make sense that skirmishing (the highest dps out-put trait line) would support it.
3) Nature’s Voice – Regeneration and Swiftness is not that strong for a grandmaster trait, especially since the shouts themselves areso useless you’re pretty much sacrificing a utility skill for it.
4) Improved traits overall, other classes got major improvement to most of their weak traits. Ranger still have traits that only reduce weapon skills cool down, while every such trait of a Warrior also increases the damage out-put or adds something to the weapon.

Utility Skills
1) I want to see a “Camouflage” utility skill that breaks stun and applies stealth for 3 seconds.
2) The shouts, spirits, and signet utility skills should be effective even when not traited.
3) More utility skills.
4) Lightning Reflexes should remove movement-impairing effects… come on.

One last thing: I do think that spirits should be reworked. Instead of being summoned minions, they could be auras applied to the ranger. They could be displayed as spirit-like winds traveling around the player.

Griften

in Ranger

Posted by: Fext.3614

Fext.3614

Like this game. So here goes:

Fext’s Wishlist for Ranger changes in 2014:

Pet
1st Wish = pet does not reappear when stowed

Weapons
1st Wish = sword skill 2 – swap directions, 1st use to target, 2nd from target
2nd Wish = sword skill 1 – make evades possible
3rd Wish = longbow skill 3 replace with something with high damage and perhaps short blind to target only, but please NO invisibility
4th Wish = longbow skill 2 maybe more raw damage

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

• Replace Vigor with Stability on Fortifying Bond
  • Allow all melee pets to cleave with their auto attack

I could care less about everything else since asking for any change that isn’t a nerf is already expecting too much.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Unleashed pets.

“Your pet is too far away from that target!” is just doing my head in.

Keep them leashed for sPvP if needed, heck, you can nerf their life/damage 90% in sPvP too for all i care. But give the hunting companion back to us non e-sports people.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Pet

1. new pets with different animations that do not stand still to use any of their skills
  2. pet gains an evade when player dodges
  3. pet AoE buff/heal skills are always applied to the Ranger and at any range. This on top of it hitting allies in range. (but not applied to Ranger twice)
  4. F1 gives pet swiftness. F2 gives pet stability. F3 gives pet aegis. (Internal cooldowns apply.)

Weapons

1. Hunter’s Shot damage removed and replaced with immobilize. Stealth happens on-shot instead of on-hit. (without damage this skill can’t break its own stealth)
  2. Barrage base cooldown reduced by 10 seconds.
  3. Hilt Bash much easier to hit with
  4. new mainhand melee weapon without leaps on its auto-attack.

Trait system

1. none of our traits require the player nor the pet to be in combat mode (there are currently 10)
  2. New Marksmanship grandmaster trait: Explosive Arrows. Adds AoE to arrow attacks. Remorseless(Marksmanship 30) merged into Precise Strike (Marksmanship 25).
  3. Agility Training (Skirmishing 10) increases pet movement speed by 40% or even 50%.
  4. Master’s Bond (Beastmaster 10) switched with Instinctual Bond (Beastmaster 5) to become the new Beastmaster Adapt Minor trait.

Utility Skills

1. Protect Me makes pet immune to damage for the duration. Pet still becomes passive. (This way it can be used equally well with any pet)
  2. Sic ’Em buff cannot be removed from pet. (So it’s only removed if the timer runs out)
  3. Signet actives are applied to the Ranger by default. Applied to the pet with Signet of the Beastmaster.
  4. Search & Rescue instantly teleports pet to selected target and makes pet immune to damage and CC for the duration.

(edited by Holland.9351)

in Ranger

Posted by: Tatto.8526

Tatto.8526

Longer range for ranger (and staff wielding clothies) SB should in my opinion be 1200, LB 1500 standard. The reason I would like this is to make viable many different decisions and to balance some issues with melee classes ability to close distance far to quickly in player v player environments. But also for PVE for a ranger to having a pulling role or less need for a pet.

Pets, though I know it’s part of rangers way, I would like to see heel command where a pet remains at your side and gives the player buffs by being a companion not a fighting force (like a chance to have stable feet or immune to chill if furry pet by your side) . Again helping I believe give the ranger more credentials in places you don’t need an AI being just too random to predict the outcome and thus a liability.

in Ranger

Posted by: KeyOrion.9506

KeyOrion.9506

Utility Skill: Entangle.

Only wish I have is for it to work underwater.

When I’m cute, I can be cute. But when I’m mean, I can be very very mean.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

Pets:
1. Better AI
2. Better ability to hit moving tergets
3. More customization/the ability to improve pet stats. Pet armor, perhaps?

Traits:
1. Remove Signet of the Beastmaster and make signets always affect the player
2. Piercing Arrows and Empathic Bond should be Adept
3. Eagle Eye should effect SB as well
“4) Improved traits overall, other classes got major improvement to most of their weak traits”

Weapons:
1. Decrease LB 2’s channel time by ~1s or increase damage
2. Boost damage of GS auto
3. Increase range of lunge on GS 5 by a little (100, maybe).

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

in Ranger

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

pet

1. invulnerability for 2 second on dodge roll

2. gaining increased damage from power

3.make new pets (pheonix pheonix pheonix pheonix)

trait

1. remove the crap dog trait in BM and change it to something else

2. improve the crap marksmanship trait already and move signet of the beastmaster to beastmastery

3. change spotter to sniper: grant 10% increased critical damage

4. improve the dumb axe trait in skirmish because axe is realy bad right now

5. add a new trait that revive pet instantly to 25% when using a healing spell.

Weapon

1. decrease longbow channel time

2. boost damage on longbow

3. double the damage axe does or do something to make its damage worthwhile.

skill

1. add more pet related skills

2. add preparation

3. make a healing spell wich revive pets on use

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

in Ranger

Posted by: Dos.7052

Dos.7052

my Wishlist for Ranger changes in 2014:
Pet
1st Wish =all pets move 20% fast without being traited
2nd Wish = aoe damage reduction 50% without being traited (in wow it is 90% aoe reduction)
3rd Wish =f2 skills more responsive
4th Wish =pet can be deactivated during combat, if ranger does so, his/her damage increased by 25%

Weapons

1st Wish = SOLVE SWORD SKILL *1 ROOTING ISSUE ( YES I CALL IT AN “ISSUE”)

2nd Wish = short bow skill*2 apply stealth
3rd Wish =all bows damage increase 10% without being treated

Trait system
1st Wish = marksmanship *xii trait become automatically active when you unlock grandmaster tier of marksmanship
2nd Wish = redesign entire beastmaster trait line
3rd Wish =change spirit life bar as warriors banners’ life bar, or buff their aoe reduction 50% without being traited

Utility Skills
1st Wish = reduce survival skills’ cd without being traited 10% ( except entangle)

in Ranger

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

Nagymbear’s Wishlist for Ranger changes in 2014:
Pet
1st Wish = Boons and conditions displayed for pets
2nd Wish = Reworking porcine F2 mechanic to be more handy, the bundles are great
3rd Wish = Some F2s need instant cast, especially pet based aoes, or give them ground targeting, pet runs to target area and uses aoe. If pet is in aoe, instant cast.
4th Wish = Better synergy between ranger and pets
5th Wish = More support for pets in form of other boons aside regen, might, fury.

Weapons
1st Wish = Longbow auto should hit more reliably, not 100%, but better than it does now
2nd Wish = Dodge should override sword autoattack
3rd Wish = Blind on Warhorn #4
4th Wish = Axe auto damage buff.
5th Wish = Make dagger #5 hit more reliably.

Trait system
1st Wish = Merge piercing arrows with eagle eye (could remove damage buff, don’t care for that).
2nd Wish = Hilt bash becoming a blast finisher (it would be too much on maul)
3rd Wish = Better synergy between ranger and pets
4th Wish = Beastmaster signet should be default, get a new grandmaster trait
5th Wish = A trait like Improvisation for thieves. I think ranger would benefit greatly if it would happen on healing skill use.

Utility Skills
1st Wish = Lightning reflexes removes movement impairing conditions (could remove damage, don’t care for that)
2nd Wish = Give traps more utility like, condi cleanse/transfer, cripple on each trap should be a minimum, maybe a stunbreak on one of them. Could increase cooldown to compensate.
3rd Wish = Entangle should hit stealthed players, and should spawn 5 vines even if less than 5 targets available. Or just make it spawn 5 vines in a fixed pattern.
4th Wish = Give heal as one some more umph, its not really an option as it is, is it. Like give it a Survival skill tag, so it can be traited. Either that or give us a signet instead of water spirit. Passive: You and your pet reflect a small amount of damage, the less HP you have, the more damage reflected (under 25% would hit similar to retal). Active: You and your pet are immune to movement impairing conditions for 4 seconds. 1.5 seconds cast time, 30 seconds cooldown, high base healing (for ranger and pet), crappy scaling.
5th Wish = Double base trap condition duration.

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

in Ranger

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

Just one:

Permanent pet stow option with the pets power reverting back to the ranger.

They can leave the F2 blank for all I care.

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

in Ranger

Posted by: solrik.6028

solrik.6028

Let us not discuss, let us not bicker, let us just post our wishes, or +1 others with the same wishes. If you want to, you could include a short reasoning for why you want a change. I will make a simple template for you guys and gals to follow, just so we can keep the thread tidy. I’ll try to keep track of the top 5 wishes in each category, and i will send the end result to Jon Peters, and any other developer i can think of, a PM with the results. Just to make sure our voice is heard even clearer.

’s Wishlist for Ranger changes in 2014:

Pet
1st Wish = F2 abilities are instants
2nd Wish = If not 1st, then F2 abilities interrupt ANYTHING the pet does
3rd Wish = Less zig-zaggy movement
4th Wish = AI for moving ahead of target
5th Wish = Elimination of summoning sickness when swapping pets
6th Wish = Attacks can’t bounce off pets. E.g. An axe ranger can’t bounce his axe off the enemy ranger to the enemy pet.

Weapons
1st Wish = SB Poison Volley change to Posion Blast. Poisons target and foes near the target.
2nd Wish = Axe #5, enable movement
3rd Wish = SB increase range to at least 1000. I can throw my dagger 33% further than I can shoot a shortbow -_-
4th Wish = Trait that allows us to move faster with a bow. Preferably slapped together with Natural Vigor
5th Wish =

Trait system
1st Wish = Swap Empathic Bond with Hide in Plain Sight, buff Hide in Plain Sight
2nd Wish = Change BM 5-point trait to something else
3rd Wish = Double spirits health and give them natural HP regen
4th Wish =
5th Wish =

Utility Skills
1st Wish = Spike trap pulse 3 times in a very short time
2nd Wish = Protect Me revives pet
3rd Wish =
4th Wish =
5th Wish =

in Ranger

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Just two wishes and thats it:

1) Makes the pet optional. Either stowed to get damage or some other kind of buff or trade the pet for preparations from GW1.

2) Make Guard/Passive a hotkey (like F5) so I can bind it to something.

I’m going to hold out hope for #1, but #2 really should have been done in Beta.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

in Ranger

Posted by: felixdacat.3804

felixdacat.3804

Felix’s Wishlist for Ranger changes in 2014:

Pet
1st Wish = Improve response time on activated abilities
2nd Wish = Attack/Heel toggle on F1, second activated ability on F3
3rd Wish = Improve ability to hit a moving target
4th Wish = Improve HP pool in WvW to be on par with rest of PVE
5th Wish = Find a way, any way, to not insta-kill pets in AOE

Weapons
1st Wish = No longer root to cast Barrage (cd or damage buff would also be nice)
2nd Wish = Slightly increase damage on GS autoattack
3rd Wish = Warhorn #4 should blind, or torment, or some similar condition
4th Wish = MH Axe autoattack needs buffed in some way
5th Wish = Remove positional bleeds on SB autoattack

Trait system
1st Wish = Signet of BM needs gone... traits should affect ranger first, then pets
2nd Wish = MM minor traits need rolled up... 5 and 15 together on 5, move 25 down to 15, and move Remorseless to 25. Hello, new GM traits!
3rd Wish = Empathic Bond shouldn’t be a 30 point investment
4th Wish = Change up Eagle Eye... Rangers are masters of bows, give us 1500 LB and 1200 SB by default. Eagle Eye can improve damage, or crit, or something else.
5th Wish = Clean up all the trait lines to make some real synergy

Utility Skills
1st Wish = Entangle should work underwater and on stealthed players.
2nd Wish = LR should break movement-impairing conditions.
3rd Wish = Shouts. Make them viable instead of just spamming Guard as trigger.
4th Wish = Search and Rescue would be great to actually use.
5th Wish = Give us abilities that synergize with our pet if we’re forced to have them.

in Ranger

Posted by: dylan.5409

dylan.5409

Pet functionality: f2 and ability to hit moving target pls.
Traps: either consolidate the traits and move them to mid tier OR give every trap a second condition ala spike trap (bleed and immobilize) say poison and torment, flame and frost woohooo. Well ok flame and frost would be totally op, so maybe flame and cripple. Each trap would have both a damage and “trapping” component.
Sword working as intended I know but… just $%^&, would like to be able to at least dodge while auto attacking sheesh.
A poster above suggested empathic bond moved to mid tier, good idea, would also like to see the ability to control when the cleanse occurs.

(edited by dylan.5409)

in Ranger

Posted by: Quizotic.2815

Quizotic.2815

Quizotic’s Wishlist for Ranger changes in 2014:

Pet
1st Wish = I still miss my imperial phoenix from gw1 and would like it back
2nd Wish = better wvw pet health/tough
3rd Wish =for pet names to stick
4th Wish =better timing for f2 skill (a daze cast 7 seconds after I click the button is pretty useless)
5th Wish = more defensive pet buffs like the fern hound, or blue moa

Weapons
1st Wish =id love a more defensive weapon (maybe a staff)
2nd Wish = dagger main hand
3rd Wish = I liked the way the greatsword made you feel like you where attacking with your pet, another of those would be great, with a speed boost I normally only do wvw and if you don’t have a speed boost your zerg leaves you behind
4th Wish =more longbow skins
5th Wish =im not a big fan of the sword, maybe rework the auto attack to do a little more >.>

Trait system
1st Wish = make the beastmaster grandmaster traits worth taking
2nd Wish = a few of the skills look like their in the wrong tree…….
3rd Wish =a few skills could be added together or have their tier moved
4th Wish =theres more than a few that no one takes and it’d be nice to flush them and make new ones and have picking things actually be a hard choice
5th Wish =theres pet skills thrown everywhere, I know their our special snowflake thingy but you don’t see stealing stuff in every thief tree do you?

Utility Skills
1st Wish =id like something to keep up with my zerg right now im stuck using warhorn for that very reason and im still falling behind because it doesn’t have 100% uptime
2nd Wish = more stealth skills
3rd Wish =longer stealth unveil on sic’ em
4th Wish =better healing skill, I dislike spirits and other than troll unguent , heal as one is the top heal it seems like with all others falling short in wvw cuz your always moving
5th Wish = more condition removal, im running a bear a pet that I really don’t like the skin of because its the only condition removal that’s guaranteed, and has a cooldown of less than a minute.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sevans.4619

Sevans.4619

I appreciate and support the goal of this thread.

Pet Wishes
1st Wish = Make the names stick.
2nd Wish = Visible boons and conditions.
3rd Wish = Reduce the cast time on many of the skills, they’re too slow.
4th Wish = Bat pets.
5th Wish = A small across-the-board stat boost to keep up with ascended gear.

Weapon Wishes
1st Wish = Sword skill Monarch Leap given 20% Damage boost, applies weakness instead of cripple.
2nd Wish = Longbow skill Hunter’s Shot damage boosted to max range auto damage.
3rd Wish = Dagger skill Stalker’s Strike physical damage increased.
4th Wish = Longbow skill Barrage has a base cooldown of 24 instead of 30.
5th Wish = Longbow range default is now 1500. (Won’t happen, but I can wish!)

Trait Wishes
1st Wish = Oakheart Salve cures two conditions on heal use.
2nd Wish = Master’s Bond changed to “Pet gains 10% of your stats as their own.”
3rd Wish = Martial Mastery now has a chance to reduce Sword/GS/Spear skill cooldowns by one second on critical hit. Moved to Grandmaster tier.
4th Wish = Empathic Bond moved to Master tier. (For the sake of build diversity.)
5th Wish = Primal Reflexes now also grants 3 seconds of regeneration.

Utility Skill Wishes
1st Wish = ‘Protect Me’ grants your pet 6 seconds of protection on use.
2nd Wish = Lightning Reflexes removes immobilize, chill, and cripple.
3rd Wish = Viper’s Nest now scales well with power and also applies Torment.
4th Wish = Signet of Renewal no longer requires your pet to be near you to remove your conditions.
5th Wish = New elite skill! “Summon Lunar Wolf”

Saethe — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Maguuma

in Ranger

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

some suggestions here… Man really!

Anyways, couple of things rangers could use.

Pet takes 30% less AoE damage.
Pets have endurance like players.
F3 skill makes the pet immune to all damage for 2 seconds and it consumes half the endurance of the pet (like a player dodge.)

LB#1 has it’s damage increased by 100% and counts as it is always above 1000 range (no matter how close you are on your target), when the player strikes from stealth.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

My big one right now is to have pet F1 abilities reliably fire off. Especially buffs!

There is no reason not to make buff abilities go off 100% of the time, as no one needs to dodge etc, just force the effect once F1 is pressed.

As it is I have to wait for pet to stop moving completely to be guaranteed (more or less) that effect will fire. Looking at you jungle cat and red moa.<

edit: or at least make it not go to cooldown if it doesnt go off… easy fix?

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

(edited by Kilger.5490)

in Ranger

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

Sminkiottone’s Wishlist for Ranger changes in 2014:

Pet
1st Wish = AI improvement, no more failed F2
2nd Wish = Pets skills works while running
3rd Wish = Quaggan pet
4th Wish = Less passive gameplay mechanics
5th Wish = More pets

Weapons
1st Wish = New weapon : Hammer !!11!!
2nd Wish = New weapon : Crossbow ( burst damage )
3rd Wish = Main hand Dagger
4th Wish = New weapon : Staff
5th Wish = Off hand Sword

Trait system
1st Wish = More camouflage traits ( for power builds )
2nd Wish = More synergy
3rd Wish = More traps related traits

Utility Skills
1st Wish = Frozen soil – Spirit 60s duration. Creatures in range cannot activate resurrection skills. Does not affect spirits.

2nd Wish = Disrupting lounge – Pet Attack. Deals +N damage. Interrupts a skill. Interruption effect: interrupted skill is disabled for +20 seconds.

3rd Wish = Companionship – Skill. Heals you for N if you have less Health than your pet. Heals your pet for N if it has less Health than you

in Ranger

Posted by: whyme.3281

whyme.3281

Pet
1st Wish = Pet hitting moving targets
2nd Wish = Pets scale with ranger Attributes
3rd Wish = Griffons
4th Wish = Pets with lower health but that can dodge on their own (or if the ranger dodges)
Weapons
1st Wish = change Longbow to AOE damage
2nd Wish = New weapon: Rifle (long range singletarget, high damage, slow speed)
3rd Wish = change sword #1…
Trait system
1st Wish = reorder some traits, that they fit to the traitlines (trap skills)
2nd Wish = All bonus damage traits work on our pets too
3rd Wish = Traits that reward pet swapping (change Masters Bond)
Utility Skills
1st Wish = Healing skill, that passive heals your pet for when you deal damage. Activate it to resurrect your pet. With trait “signed of the beastmaster”, you get healed when you pet deals damage, too.

I think ranger is more or less good as he is, he need some bug fixes and the pets need some love.

The biggest wish of all ranger would be a nerf of the warrios (their banners support better than spirits), the have better long range AOE damage, more damage, better sustain, ….

in Ranger

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

2nd Wish = Disrupting lounge…

That would be awesome. It would spawn a couch, dim the lights and play chillout music. It would interrupt all skill use in 10k range and apply 15 stacks of confusion on everyone.

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

2nd Wish = Disrupting lounge…

That would be awesome. It would spawn a couch, dim the lights and play chillout music. It would interrupt all skill use in 10k range and apply 15 stacks of confusion on everyone.

cooldown would be 23 minutes (average time between commercials)

in Ranger

Posted by: DiamondMeteor.8345

DiamondMeteor.8345

Pet responsiveness.

Main-Hand Axe Damage+.

No penalty for having a dead pet (pet swapping remains @ 20/16s).

But what the hell, this would never happen.

Ranger / Revenant – Crystal Desert

in Ranger

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

Useful pets vs moving targets, I.E. the reality of WvW & PvP.
Either moving faster or with longer attack range.

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

in Ranger

Posted by: Dina Van Heyr.3018

Dina Van Heyr.3018

warrior nerf

in Ranger

Posted by: xXxOrcaxXx.9328

xXxOrcaxXx.9328

What do I wish for 2014?
Well I got some suggestions gathered in this thread:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/The-Weapon-Suggestion-Thread/

Hope you can add some suggestions.

Ranger - Guardian - Warrior - Elementalist - Necromancer - Mesmer
EU Elona Reach – Void Sentinels

in Ranger

Posted by: Zulika Mi Nam.1092

Zulika Mi Nam.1092

Pet
1 Wish = The ability to totally remove the pet. I do not want to play a pet class. I want to play a class with bows like I always have.

Weapons
Don;t care, maybe a + to whatever for not using a pet

Trait system
Don;t care, maybe a + to whatever for not using a pet

Utility Skills
Don;t care, maybe a new skill for those not using a pet

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

There are plenty, I’ll settle for my main issue bothering me now, on demand cleanse and/or immobilize cleanse either through utilities or traits (or both) lightning reflexes is one that could remove this by default in my opinion or another way would be a trait to make movement skills remove it exactly like the warrior one personally I think it fits rangers alot more than warriors.

in Ranger

Posted by: Oidmetala.8426

Oidmetala.8426

Pets:
1. the possibility to switch between pet skills and weapon skills with the f2 button
2. pets cast the skills instant when the player press the button (f2 skills)
3. some pets with blast finishers on f2 button
4. a pet with stealth on f2 button
5. a pet with heal on f2 button

weapons:
1. offhand axe: whirle defense: pressing the skill again after the first cast knocks the target enemy back and is a blast finisher

2. longbow, huge skillrework
barage rework: be able to run when cast this skill, fast cast time, only one barrage rain
point blank shot: combinate this with hunter shot, swiftness also for the player
rapid fire: remove it
place for 2 new skills: one with a dodge and one with a blast finisher?

3. longsword, huge skill rework
well that have to be some gameplay like on a s/d thief, because survive for dps ranger is rly low on melee.
it needs much more surive (dodges/block/stealth) in the offensive skills, also the cast time have to be much faster (maul…)
actualy the skills on this weapon feels more like warrior gameplay not like ranger gameplay.

4. mainhand axe:
auto attack: 1 bleeding on first hitted target (same like engi auto attack pistol)

5. shortbow:
make it somehow a little bit less a pew pew pew weapon

Traits:
1. more trapper ranger traits in different traitlines, maybe move the 2 trapper traits also into marskmanship 10 and 20
2. more dps ranger traits, to make a dps ranger rly strong
3. more traits to add active condi cleanse on some skills for dps ranger builds
4. more traits for active pet use (pet can dodge, pet swap, stronger f2 skills)
5. 50% traits are still useless, pls rework them (just one => instinctual bond.. there are more like this one and thats a rly bad joke)

Utility Skills:
1. remove all shouts and make new nice pet skills for a active beastmaster gameplay
2. traps: traps need a buff, for example a ranger need 3 utility slots if he plays with 3 traps. an engi have the dmg and combofields of this 3 traps in one utility slot (bomb kit) and thats even better then the 3 traps
3. spirits: spirits are invincible in the time when the ranger use dodge.
4. active condi cleanse on some utilitys, maybe create a new skill for that
5. heal as one: add a dodge

Team Erotic Solitude Legends [ESL]
Spirit Ranger Yilvina Darnus
Bunker Guardian Morwenna Darnus

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

I like the way ranger now plays. My only suggestion would be for new defensive pet skills for WvW battles. Stuff that other players would want to have:

1. Mass healing
2. Shield bubble
3. Mass invisibility
4. Slightly Faster response time on f2 skills

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in Ranger

Posted by: JorneMormel.9850

JorneMormel.9850

My Wishlist for Ranger changes in 2014:

Pet
1st Wish = More responsive F2.
2nd Wish = Pet attack animation starts at <50 range to target, instead of at the max range to land an attack resulting in pets hitting their targets more reliably.
3rd Wish = Companion’s Defense gives the pet Aegis when the Ranger dodges instead of protection.
4th Wish = F1 is used to toggle attack/retreat. F3 toggles pet stowing which would work in combat, when the pet is summoned again it has the same amount of health as before stowing unless “summoned” by F4.
5th Wish = The pet menu lets you select which skill to bind to F2.

Weapons
1st Wish = Add a new melee weapon (without auto-attack leaps) so the players having trouble with that can have another option to use and we can end that discussion once and for all.
2nd Wish = Change the mainhand Axe to a melee weapon and replace the ranged skill animations with mainhand Dagger.
3rd Wish = Blast on Maul and change Hilt Bash’s increased pet damage to “You activate Signet of the Hunt.”
4th Wish = Hunter’s Call can no longer be obstructed and each hit has a chance to inflict blindness for 2 seconds to give the Warhorn a defensive mechanism.
5th Wish = Point Blank Shot and Hunter’s Shot face target before being used. They are the only defensive skills on the Longbow and melee attackers can very easily abuse their current mechanics by attacking from behind.

Trait system
1st Wish = Eagle Eye now also effects the Short Bow.
2nd Wish = Beastmaster’s Might merged with Signet Mastery and Signet of the Beastmaster changed to a Master trait.
3rd Wish = Opening Strike merged with Alpha Training, Precise Strikes becomes a Master minor trait. Change the Grandmaster minor trait to Piercing Arrows.
4th Wish = All trap traits changed to the Wilderness Survival traitline in which they stat-and lore wise (GW1 Ranger reference) belong.
5th Wish = Change pet family based traits to effect all pets instead.

Utility Skills
1st Wish = Active condition removal (all the way up until 5th wish. No really.)
2nd Wish = Signet of Renewal’s active effect changed to “Your pet loses all conditions, for each condition removed this skill recharges 10% faster.” (This skill breaks stun and the recharge effect has an internal cooldown.)
3rd Wish = “Guard!” gives the pet’s attacks +150 range in the area in which it was cast.
4th Wish = Complete spirit rework. In their current state spirits are boring to use, add more randomly generated effects to the game and require certain traits to actually be worth using at all.
5th Wish = Sharpening Stone changed back to work with Barrage. Inflicts torment on moving foes.

Mysterious Old Geek
Co-founder of Flying Pink Unicorns [PWNY], Ring of Fire

in Ranger

Posted by: NGraveD.9418

NGraveD.9418

+1 to many previous comments.

Haiducul Batran’s Wishlist for Ranger changes in 2014:
Pet
1st Wish = A more complex pet bar with options like Aggressive/Passive/Avoid Combat/Lock Target (pet will attack this target constantly while target is visible/alive/until unlocked/pet switched/Attack/Return to me/Sit/Sleep/Wait Here/Guard (area or targeted player), more pet skills (4 should suffice, 3 extra from what we have).
2nd Wish = Skills that do not rely on attacking a target should not cause your pet to start attacking (like fern hound’s heal, jungle stalker’s mighty roar)
3rd Wish = MORE PETS! \o/ (Phoenix, Griffon, Bat, Tiger, etc.)
4th Wish = More pet skills, maybe even the option to change your pet’s abilities
5th Wish = In regards to 1., having more pet skills for each pet (or a pool of skills and 4 equip-able slots) – having the pet using some of these skills when the pet decides it’s best. Or the option to switch between “Ranger can activate skills/Pet and Ranger can activate skills”.

| Ring of Fire | Haiducul Batran |

(edited by NGraveD.9418)

in Ranger

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

Pet
1st Wish = No more nerfs
2nd Wish = No more nerfs
3rd Wish = No more nerfs
4th Wish = No more nerfs
5th Wish = No more nerfs

Weapons
1st Wish = No more nerfs
2nd Wish = No more nerfs
3rd Wish = No more nerfs
4th Wish = No more nerfs
5th Wish = No more nerfs

Need I continue?

in Ranger

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

- No nerfs, please.
- Remember pet names (really, what?)
- Barrage doesn’t root when firing. Yea, I get the idea of unloading death from above via safe distance. But reality has it that it is neither unloading death nor is the distance that safe.

- Merge Eagle Eye and piercing arrow. There is no reason to spend 2 traits to make a weapon barely usable. In PvE that would be generous to call it even that. Then we could take spotter and not be useless to the people around us.
- Aoe ranged pet
- More on demand condition removal, eg. Lightning Reflexes also removes cripple, or Hunter’s shot removes immobilized. Or something. Anything.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in Ranger

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Pet:

1. F1 button used for both attacking and calling pet back. (another player’s suggestion)
2. F3 button given guard command (any damage to pet goes to you, you can evade/block/reflect it with your own skills). On/off command, no cooldowns
3. faster F2 skill execution.
4. visible other skill cooldowns (so for example i can see when combo finisher that is not under F2 willl be used)
5. a way to order pet to go to specific spot, no questions asked, with immediate execution (“guard” shout is close, but pet will attack anything in range ignoring original “move to this spot” command)

Weapon:
1. easier normal dodging when doing #1 chain on sword
2. dagger mainhand – condition and 1v1 melee weapon
3. more 100% projectile finishers – i mean come on, he is the RANGEr, who else is supposed to do it if not him?

utility skills:
1. “guard” shout instant cast not 1sec, like a shout should.
2. “rampage as one” giving 2 stacks of might to ranger with each pet attack, given how pet attacks are much less frequent then ranger ones.
3. lower cd on lighting reflexes?
4. “Sic’em” made stronger or shorter cd, but buffed. There’s a lot of strong competition for those precious 3 slots, make this skill worth it.
5. “Protect me” shout should have shorter cd. It’s a live saver but not op one – you risk losing your pet.

in Ranger

Posted by: Nazgul.8274

Nazgul.8274

This will be a short list as to do otherwise would kittenoing 99% of what’s already been said.

Utility Skills
1st Wish = Entangle – Prevent enemies that are entangled from being knocked back.

in Ranger

Posted by: Costeleta.7236

Costeleta.7236

Pet

1st wish: remove them entirely and give us back the damage we lost for having them

2nd wish: turn pets into temporary summonable utility skills like a bear for tanking, a feline for damage or a bird for support( each of them would have skills u could activate like the necromancer minions)

3rd Wish: If this was implemented it would ruin the purpoese of shouts so i think they could be each pets special ability, the bear would get ‘’protect me’‘, the feline dps pet would get ’’sic em’’ and the support bird would get ‘’search and rescue’’.

4th Wish: Maybe a 4th Pet for usage of ’’guard’’ shout, like a hybrid between tank and dps like a wolf.
Weapons

Axe: general boost to default axe damage and make whirling defense(number 5 axe skill) give the ability to move or give stability)

Traits:
-make honed axes trait decrease cooldown on axe skills and maybe increase its range
-and general trait allocation fix that people above me already stated

Just a nobody

(edited by Costeleta.7236)

in Ranger

Posted by: RainShine.5317

RainShine.5317

Pet
1st Wish = Savable names.
2nd Wish = Visible boons and conditions.
3rd Wish = A dodge for pets. Either their own or they dodge when I do.
4th Wish = Faster F2 and any boon/heal/condi clears are shared with the player regardless of range.
5th Wish = Their 3rd auto skill (e.g. knockdown on wolves) is something I activate.

Weapons
1st Wish = Reduced cooldown on warhorn (on #5 skill specifically)

Anywhere/Somewhere
1st Wish = Condition clears!

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

At sunday i will tally your wishlists and send a PM to the devs. So hurry up and put down your thoughts.

in Ranger

Posted by: Arghore.8340

Arghore.8340

Idho Ydalis’s Wishlist for Ranger changes in 2014:

Pet
1st Wish = I wish there was an alternative to equipping a pet that did not involve another in game entity. I love pets and will use them, but there are just places in the game where they are a hindrance. Embracing ‘a spirit’ like this: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/The-ranger-needs-to-Embrace-spirits/first#post3423288 could do the trick
2nd Wish = I wish pets would actually ‘grow up’ as you use them, it doesn’t even have to be a stat increase of any kind, just a base name change after a certain amount of XP or ‘time trained’ would do the trick.
3rd Wish = I wish there was a skill called ‘Beastly Roar’, which would let you call in the aid of a random pet, native to the area, to fight along side you for a short while.
4th Wish = I wish the AI of pets would increase
5th Wish = I wish there were more ‘plant’ pets to charm, there were quite a decent amount of plant creatures in GW1. Hopefully we will see some back as pets.

Weapons
1st Wish = I wish the ranger could use a ‘druidy/beastmastery’-skill-mix staff.
2nd Wish = I wish the Axe would have a bit more ‘base’ damage on its attacks
3rd Wish = I wish the weapons would come with a variety of skill choices, so one can further ‘dial in’ the way one wants to play.
4th Wish = I wish the ranger could also use hammers, and that a tree-stump was one of the hammers available for use.
5th Wish = I wish the bonus wish below.

Trait system
1st Wish = I wish there were more use full traits.
2nd Wish = I wish the traits you choose would also unlock signature defining skills
3rd Wish = I wish the trait system would have cool icon artwork
4th Wish = I wish I could come up with more trait wishes.
5th Wish = I wish I could add these two trait wishes to the skill wishes..

Utility Skills
1st Wish = I wish there was a skill called ‘Beastly Roar’, which would let you call in the aid of a random pet, native to the area, to fight along side you for a short while.
2nd Wish = I wish the spirit skills would actually have cool defining signature model artwork. And that the spirits were linked to actual ‘natural things’ instead of some weird non existent in lore worshipping of sun/storm/water/etc. Mountain spirit, Bog/Marsh Spirit, Woodland Spirit, Desert Spirit, Jungle Spirit. And thus, signature models animation to go with these names.
3rd Wish = I wish the 4 petskills to be more usefull
4th Wish = I wish spike trap had actual woodenspikes as an animation, instead of speartips.
5th Wish = I wish various skills would be removed and replaced with skills that gave the ranger a bit more of a ‘raw’ outdoor feel to them.
6th Wish (see trait wish #5) = f/e I wish that spiketrap would have actual wooden spikes instead of spearheads. Or nice looking snakes moving inwards to the target instead of way from the target.
7th wish (see trait wish #5) = I wish there were more plant related skills, like f/e wall of brambles/thorns, Grasping Roots.

• Bonus wish= Don’t make these wishes come true please
    Prysin’s Wishlist for Ranger changes 2014:
    4th Wish = Torch #5, allow it to become a AOE similar to traps when using the trait “Offhand Mastery”. – I really dislike that placement stuff on a ranger, unless you run a longbow there is hardly any time for it. And the ‘offhand training’ also works well on other offhand skills.

JorneMormel’s Wishlist for Ranger changes in 2014:
2nd Wish = Change the mainhand Axe to a melee weapon and replace the ranged skill animations with mainhand Dagger.
- Are you mad! your first wish is a new melee weapon, go make it your mainhand dagger instead ! :p

We are peace, we are war. We are how we treat each other and nothing more…
25 okt 2014 – PinkDay in LA

(edited by Arghore.8340)

in Ranger

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

1. - a new class mechanic to replace pets that scales with power creep (ascended, and whatever is next), and doesn’t cripple us with shoddy AI.
  2. - Completely re-designed utilities that don’t force such deep training to make useful. I’m looking at you signets and shouts… Spirits too, for all their good in PvE they still blow chunks in WvW even when traited.

That’s all. Basically a complete class re-design in a way that is both effective and makes sense. Am I asking too much?

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

Right, tallying wishes. Ill update the post later.