ZERK Ranger SNIPER in Eternal Coliseum

in Ranger

Posted by: Biklen.5490

Biklen.5490

So this is my usual non-meta LB/G build I’ve played in 4 season now. I wanted to take it out into the Eternal Coliseum to check out the sniping areas on the map. With LongBow and Zerker amulet this map really brings the life into the sniper Ranger that is usually standard in almost all MMO’s. Enjoy the footage, also it has commentary to help out those who are trying to learn another build!

~BalougaPOD

in Ranger

Posted by: Gamepro.1486

Gamepro.1486

nice positioning with the longbow…always nice to see builds outside the meta…kudos! keep them coming!

in Ranger

Posted by: Weo weo.6378

Weo weo.6378

Yay, Pew pew ranger!

Multiple Class Disorder

in Ranger

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

I’m not quite sure how I feel about this.
I played 4 games using the build displayed in the video. 1 Win. 3 Losses.

In the only win I had 19 kills and a little over 600k damage. Sure that sounds good, and our team completely snowballed the enemy team.

The other three losses basically went the exact same. The enemy team had loads of projectile denial and the build has literally zero survivability and little damage. For example, if you hit an enemy with retaliation with a full rapid fire, you lost half your health. Thief’s backstab dealt 15k damage, thief’s vault did 10k damage. If a dragonhunter caught you (or even clipped you), you died. The build lacks the ability to flee, there’s no swiftness, the only movement skill is swoop on gs and the one stealth skill the build has access to. Another downfall is that it provides 0 teamsupport besides the fact if you actually killed someone.

So, yea, the one win that I had that we absolutely snuffed the enemy team was fun. There’s no doubting that 19 kills and 600k damage is fun. But every game where you’re instantly downed, spend half the game respawning, and that leads to your teammates blaming the ranger; isn’t fun. I guess I’m willing to play it for fun every once in awhile, but I doubt I’ll ever use it on a regular basis. I feel that the video had been recorded several times until OP had a game where he had a good team, bad enemies, and in general lucky.

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

In the only win I had 19 kills and a little over 600k damage. Sure that sounds good, and our team completely snowballed the enemy team.

The other three losses basically went the exact same. The enemy team had loads of projectile denial and the build has literally zero survivability and little damage. For example, if you hit an enemy with retaliation with a full rapid fire, you lost half your health. Thief’s backstab dealt 15k damage, thief’s vault did 10k damage. If a dragonhunter caught you (or even clipped you), you died. The build lacks the ability to flee, there’s no swiftness, the only movement skill is swoop on gs and the one stealth skill the build has access to. Another downfall is that it provides 0 teamsupport besides the fact if you actually killed someone.

So, yea, the one win that I had that we absolutely snuffed the enemy team was fun. There’s no doubting that 19 kills and 600k damage is fun. But every game where you’re instantly downed, spend half the game respawning, and that leads to your teammates blaming the ranger; isn’t fun. I guess I’m willing to play it for fun every once in awhile, but I doubt I’ll ever use it on a regular basis. I feel that the video had been recorded several times until OP had a game where he had a good team, bad enemies, and in general lucky.

he streams, and you don’t keep viewers if you are constantly flailing and failing.

in Ranger

Biklen.5490

GW2 allows you to switch classes when you see reflect bots on the other side waiting for you…This is why i Main REV/Ranger so i can deal with those engi reflect bots.

Overall Staff is OP compared to this build…BUT unless your going LAN and trying to set up a “real” team..>WHAT is the point of playing meta all day…Win or Loose you never really get rewarded for anything…Pride is just in your head…Sometimes pride is just having fun…

Staff is broken/face-roll and i will boycott it in PvP until they fix it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Or you can play dps staff/lb or staff/gs so the build is fun while not getting rekt cause lack of sustain, and therefore being able to consistently play the game without getting farmed. Everyone does what they want tho o/

M I L K B O I S

in Ranger

Biklen.5490

Or you can play dps staff/lb or staff/gs so the build is fun while not getting rekt cause lack of sustain, and therefore being able to consistently play the game without getting farmed. Everyone does what they want tho o/

I don’t understand why u say “farmed.” If you are one the few that can’t kite properly than play staff….It is made for brain dead combat…Enjoy it…

For the rest of the players who actually wanna pvp without having to be forced into support…Play this…or w/e works for you as long as it works…

in Ranger

Posted by: zalt.8937

zalt.8937

Great vid balouga, love how you play ranger. Started watching your vids a long time ago, and they got me back to play my ranger!

Since there has been a lot of talk about weapons and non meta in this thread, id thought id share my build of choice. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBjYDbkQFaYxSWwlFoaxwfQtFRGEA+u/7Bf3v3+OUi0rA-TpBFQBN4IAEwyAC4gAAgHAABuAA1Y/BA

Im using demolisher amu since condi rarely is a problem for me, and sw/wh avtually works very well for me with a blast and leap finisher along with evades. Remorseless gm trait also have real nice synnergy with all the survival utility.
Staying alive really isnt very hard with this build, but should i feel i want more sustain i just swap mm for druid and go with menders amu and heal for days
This is what works well for me and fits my playstyle +meta builds are really boring

in Ranger

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

Didnt watch the video yet, but thumbs up on beforehand by playing and trying nonmeta-ish builds.

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Very nice vid as usual, keep’em coming!

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

I don’t understand why u say “farmed.” If you are one the few that can’t kite properly than play staff….It is made for brain dead combat…Enjoy it…

For the rest of the players who actually wanna pvp without having to be forced into support…Play this…or w/e works for you as long as it works…

Staff aint support when playing dps, its dmg and utility. Im main nec, and quite good at it, so I would say I know how to postion myself and kite. The fact that you either get farmed by thieves/revs, nullified by eles/engies, or exploded by good necros has nothing to do about kiting properly. Either you suck whole match or you spend all the time running like a chicken. Im talking about good players btw.
And just to point this out, im quite sure lb is the most braindead weapon for ranger. Staff being good while other weapons arent doesnt make it and the players that use it ‘braindead’, more like actually smart.

M I L K B O I S

in Ranger

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

After playing this build some more and getting acclimated with it’s playstyle, I’ll have to recant what I said earlier.

I’ve had great fun playing this and think that it’s very, very powerful especially under certain situations.

-The 13% damage boost combined with the coliseum’s sword buff (+20%) can literally down most players with a single rapid fire. And it feels amazing. (That’s +33% + any might you have!)
-A key thing to note is that you need a teammate that provides swiftness because it lacks movement skills.
-Change the druid trait line to 1, 1, 3. The invisibility/speed buff on leaving astral force is much more powerful and useful than 1 condi cleanse on a glyph that you have to be pointblank to use.
-Keep your distance unless it’s absolutely necessary to get up close and use the glyph and gs 5 for interrupts.
-Using barrage followed by CF 5 is a very powerful aoe, and has the possibility of triggering ancient seeds on all 5 foes.

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

in Ranger

Biklen.5490

For the people that wanted the exact build here it is. Also it explains everything in length.