Zephyr's Speed needs a tweak

in Ranger

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

What is the point of giving your swapped pet 3sec of quickness when they don’t attack instantly and have a delay? I would suggest a change for this skill to you gaining quickness on pet swap but the pet only gains quickness after its first successful attack.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Ranger

Posted by: Gorath.5076

Gorath.5076

Zephyr’s speed doesn’t only give your pet Quickness but you, too.
Then this quickness lasts 3 seconds, Quickening Zephyr gives 6 seconds!
And its far from useless: Many pets have an F2 Skill with a pretty long cast time ( Canines, Moas, Drakes) and if you wait for a second after switching and then hit F2, it actually works pretty well. as well as e.g. the Drakes havinga slow cleave auto attack and a Blast finischer auto attack on a 30 second cooldown. they also benefit greatly from this.

in Ranger

Nuka Cola.8520

i think by now everyone knows it gives you quickness as well and i don’t remember saying the trait is useless, read please. You don’t have any delays but pets do (~1sec) and when quickness lasts only for 3sec that 1sec of delay on your pet makes a difference

in Ranger

Posted by: Indoles.1467

Indoles.1467

A little off-topic, but I remember when this trait was 5 points in BM. Those were the good days when zerker ranger was possible due to quickness spam. Back to the topic, I like it how it currently works, but find it dreadfully weak as a grandmaster trait. At least with the current ranger build diversity (30 in WS required in PvP) it just isn’t worth another 30 points in BM. Something should be done to it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

it’s a waste now, i tried to run it, couldn’t. pointless to take now.

in Ranger

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Yea if they were going to push it to a grandmaster they should have moved it to another tree.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Ranger

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Switching Zephyr with Signet of Beastmaster GM would be good choice

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Ranger

Tricare.2946

Really they should switch I back to the old quickness, then it might be worth it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Joey.3928

Joey.3928

I really hate the pet delay. I hope it is something they can fix. I do dislike traiting 30 in BM for this trait, but I am so used to the playstyle it brings. I think it is worth being a grandmaster trait, but I do wish it was in a different tree.

I really like having quickness available every 15 sec though. Especially for stomps/revives.

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger
Hardcorepwnograhpy [HARD] | Isle of Janthir

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

You guys do realize once they fix the AI on the pets this trait is going to skyrocket from “ok” to absolutely amazing right?

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Joey.3928

You guys do realize once they fix the AI on the pets this trait is going to skyrocket from “ok” to absolutely amazing right?

I agree. I am a power/crit ranger but have 30 pts in BM just for this trait. it is underestimated

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Indoles.1467

Indoles.1467

I agree. I am a power/crit ranger but have 30 pts in BM just for this trait. it is underestimated

I’m pretty sure he/she was being sarcastic as well as knocking the pet ai.

in Ranger

Tricare.2946

Lol good one…..

in Ranger

Joey.3928

The pet ai does suck but this trait isn’t that bad…3 seconds of quickness every 15 sec should not be overlooked. So many uses.

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Gorath.5076

Gorath.5076

i think by now everyone knows it gives you quickness as well and i don’t remember saying the trait is useless, read please. You don’t have any delays but pets do (~1sec) and when quickness lasts only for 3sec that 1sec of delay on your pet makes a difference

sorry mate, I didn’t mean to be as sharp.
What I was trying to say is:
I also feel that moving Zephyr’s Speed from an adept minor trait to a majoir Grandmaster trait, while they moved Illusionists Celerity on Mesmers to stay at least a Grandmaster Minor Trait, a bit harsch, since it is not SO op after all.
And I also agree that the retricted Pet responsiveness (I dont even know why that is so, is there a special reason to it?) makes this trait less usefull than it might be.
But still, how many classes have access to 3 seconds of Quickness every 15 seconds?
The second point I wanted to make is that our weapon mechanics also greatly benefit from it aswell. We have 3 powerfull channeled weapon skills (barrage, Rapid Shot, Whirling defense) and 2 very strong auto-attack chains (GS, Sword) that in my opinion benefit greatly from Quickness.
so its at least a half usefull trait and the issues that derive from it do not root it its mechanic but in the broken pet system.

in Ranger

Nuka Cola.8520

and this is for what year again?

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

not sarcastic, it’s a good trait, the only reason it’s bad is because pets sit there and decide whether or not you have enough badges to be obeyed for the first 3 seconds of them spawning making it so you essentially only get quickness.

I was insulting the pet ai though

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

actually what made BM line good was being able to have both quickness and natural healing at the same time . Now you have to choose .

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Speaking entirely from a PvP standpoint, the nerf was meant to function in the way that Mesmers super strong 5 point trait nerf did, by pushing a trait that was commonly used back into a traitline used primarily for shatter builds, so that it made it less accessible for builds like the phantasm build without changing around their trait setup.

However, that particular traitline for mesmers was/is extremely good for shatter builds, and the damage output wasn’t reduced at all. However, for rangers, the pet damage output was scaled back fairly significantly, to the point where after the community had already agreed that most traits in the Beastmastery line are fairly unhelpful in their function and the traitline was only being used as a damage boost, the nerf made the traitline completely undesirable to invest in because the opportunity cost is simply to much for what beastmastery offers (at least for PvP).

People found that with ranger, you don’t really need that much healing power (basically, the amount that shamans gives you is enough) to still be extremely bunker-ish since.

So now, you have a really good trait that is barely seeing use because it’s in a traitline that isn’t considered worth investing heavily into right now (whether that be because of efficiency, because of what the meta dictates, or a combination).

It’s too bad because it’s a really good trait. I’m hoping to see a significant trait focused rework on the 15th, maybe making it more of a desired pickup than where it stands now. As of right now that is my major problem with rangers besides the weapon skills (lack of interesting or complex function of weapon skills), lack of interesting or useful trait options (just an opinion, when compared to all the other classes I have and have leveled to 80).

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat