Zephyr's Speed

Zephyr's Speed

in Ranger

Posted by: Krugash.4920

Krugash.4920

Hi fellow rangers,

I was wondering why the Zephyr’s Speed trait has been moved to the Beastmastery’s Grandmaster trait and not elsewhere. The trait was usefull before (maybe even on the OP side), only cause it required minimum investment in Beastmastery, but now it just doesn’t make sense to me and hopefully some experienced player or dev can help me understand.

If I want quickness on pet swap, then I don’t want to invest on my pet, cause I’ll keep swapping them whenever it’s possible. That means I’ll lose all the boons on my pet and a good amount of dps due to pet resetting at my position and subsequent pathing problems.

Now I also have to trash another 250 trait’s point into useless stats for me and my pet (which won’t benefit from it) to access the trait.

Is it just me, or the trait should be moved on some other Grandmaster or re-worked?

Zephyr's Speed

in Ranger

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

No, it’s just not you. It doesn’t make sense to simply move it to a grandmaster trait, as the only use of it was to gain quickness for stomping a player. Last time I tried to use it, it didn’t have any use for my pet, because the pet always takes a second or two to react, when you swap it in. It should either be moved to a major trait, or changed to having a five second quickness duration instead of three.

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

Zephyr's Speed

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Actually, at minor adept it was OP pound for pound . Other classes only get it from GM major traits as well .

However , considering the sad state of the ranger it was not OP in the grand scheme of things .
Now, the BM line has lost a lot of its OOOMPH , and there are lots of traits that need a strait buff, starting from the useless instinctual bond

Zephyr's Speed

in Ranger

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

A ranger guildmate told me that it was quite useless after the quickness nerf because it didn’t cover the whole stomp animation and thus didn’t actually allowed you to stomp faster (you still need to stand still until the stomp finishes even when th animation is already done).

And hey, at least you didn’t lose something like -20% cd on half your skills ^^

Zephyr's Speed

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

With 3 seconds on ZS you can fast stomp gain