Zerker Build Advice Please!

in Ranger

Posted by: vandagage.5761

vandagage.5761

Hello everyone, been playing warrior as a main for a long time and just the other day i put my level 80 booster to use and made a ranger. Fell in love while doing Lab runs and decided to continue working with this character. Since Friday i have crafted:
Zojja’s Helm, Chest and Legs.
I am using Sunrise, and Zojjas Longbow.
And full zerker trinkets.
I have a pet Juvenile tiger and a jaguar ( fire wyvern as well )
I like to WVW, and mostly PVE

Whats the best trait lines to use for max dps, best runes for max dps, and for the remaining armor pieces, should i go zerker as well?

in Ranger

Posted by: Sigfodr.9576

Sigfodr.9576

for max dps, all zerker or full zerker minus 1 shoulder being assassin. Scholar runes (prob not for wvw, but for pve).

For dmg, you might want to test out sword/axe or sword/warhord over the gs. But gs is a fun weapon ^^

Traits:
Marksmanship: 321
Skirmishing: 111
and then depending on whether you want to run druid or not. either
Beastmastery: 222 or druid: 221 or 231

in Ranger

Posted by: Ider.1276

Ider.1276

So, is berserk druid still viable after recent nerfs?

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

So, is berserk druid still viable after recent nerfs?

Yeah, it’s fine. Not great, and not as fun as before, but it’s fine. It’s always fun to shoot things with arrows, even if the damage and utility are kinda meh.

Condition Ranger/Druid have far superior damage. You would use full viper’s for this.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in Ranger

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

This is the personal build I use in WvW

With Fury and hitting from beside or behind, this build has exactly 100% critical chance as well as +5% damage from Force sigil, +7% from Ranger runes and +10% with full endurance from Steady Focus.

Of course it isn’t perfect but it serves me well in what I enjoy doing and it carries over nicely to PvE due to it’s high damage and critical chance. You can adjust it to better suit your needs, I’ve just shared it as I play it and hope that if you choose to use it, you enjoy it as much as I do (:

A couple things to note:
The Knights stats on the greatsword is just for a little bit of defence when I’m forced in to melee range.
Sigil of Agility works nicely with Tail Wind for Swiftness and kiting potential, Energy sigil is also great for those emergency dodges.
Remember that Clarion Bond now provides unblockable pet attacks. On swap Wolf is great for denying blocks with it’s AOE fear.
Soften The Fall rarely comes in handy but it’s saved me enough times to warrant taking it over Oakheart Salve (which I consider useless, personally).
And Saffron Soup is awesome for removing a third condition on heal.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Condition Ranger/Druid have far superior damage. You would use full viper’s for this.

With the caveat that they only do this in highest end PvE. Obviously for something like lab you’d go LB ranger, or some equivalent. And viper is a little silly in WvW.

in Ranger

Archon.6480

With the caveat that they only do this in highest end PvE. Obviously for something like lab you’d go LB ranger, or some equivalent. And viper is a little silly in WvW.

Yeah, vipers in WvW is painful to imagine! Total utility…. Zero. I should mention I ran fractals 97 twice today as full zerk, it’s fine.

For the others, I think healing Druid works better and is maybe more fun for yourself and allies. Zealots, Minstrel, Magi, or some mixture thereof (I like Zealots/Mistrel combination). Zealots trinkets and weapons can be swapped into full zerk for more healing, or Minstrel/Magi for more damage. They are really nice to have.

Jade Quarry – Esparie

in Ranger

vandagage.5761

wow more responses, YAAY!
I am running full zerk now, and its awesome. i use GS and switch between LB/STAFF.
I am curious archon, whats your build to do a high level fractal like that with full zerk? and what weapons trinkets etc?

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Not to speak for Archon, but there isn’t a ton of variation in the high-end builds. He’s probably running something similar to this:

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Druid_-_Power_Glyph_Buffer

in Ranger

vandagage.5761

thanks you! are raids doable with rangers?

in Ranger

Posted by: Boogzillaz.8417

Boogzillaz.8417

thanks you! are raids doable with rangers?

That’s what i like to now xD

Thief – Engineer – Warrior – Elementalist – Guardian |
Yak’s Bend

in Ranger

Posted by: Bast Bow.2958

Bast Bow.2958

Yes of course!

Healing druids being most popular in raids. Condi druids and zerker druids being used as well

in Ranger

Archon.6480

Not to speak for Archon, but there isn’t a ton of variation in the high-end builds. He’s probably running something similar to this:

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Druid_-_Power_Glyph_Buffer

Yep, that’s it. I use sigils of water instead of sigils of night, which looses a nice chunk of DPS, but I like having AF always ready to go. I also use Clarion Bond over Enlargement.

For raiding and open world feats of strength the Condi Ranger build is… out of this world. You can solo most HP bosses with it, though a few will utterly destroy you for lack of control. This one just makes me smile inside.

Jade Quarry – Esparie