a Vote for Ranger speed..

in Ranger

Posted by: Bohun Martell.8963

Bohun Martell.8963

Eles minor is 10% 25% major if air attuned also there were 10% in arcane if using dagger i think

and i’ll say it again for the not so smart thieves around it works out of combat only
and it won’t help is any away during battle

Out of combat is fine. This is exactly what we need.
Ranger have enough swiftness in combat if he wants.

in Ranger

Posted by: angan.6572

angan.6572

I’d be happy if the just changed the passive from skirmishing to grant swiftness when changing weapons out of combat

in Ranger

Posted by: saVdoom.2067

saVdoom.2067

Agree @ speed buff !

in Ranger

Bohun Martell.8963

I’d be happy if the just changed the passive from skirmishing to grant swiftness when changing weapons out of combat

They cannot. You can swich weapons without CD out of combat, so this way You could stack infinite swiftness.

in Ranger

Posted by: DragonFlu.7314

DragonFlu.7314

Rather than upping the passive move speed from the signet, I’d rather have it stack with swiftness. Move speed currently takes greatest buff and applies it to your character, so if our signet was allowed to stack with the 33% we get from swiftness, we’d have 43% total. I think that’s pretty good.

in Ranger

Posted by: Glektor.2934

Glektor.2934

Rather than upping the passive move speed from the signet, I’d rather have it stack with swiftness. Move speed currently takes greatest buff and applies it to your character, so if our signet was allowed to stack with the 33% we get from swiftness, we’d have 43% total. I think that’s pretty good.

Well, then the other classes would really have a right to complain.

I personally don’t like that at all. For myself, one of the main reasons I want a 20-25% passive is so that I’m not forced to equip that warhorn whenever I want to get anywhere. I don’t like the warhorn, and I’d prefer not to be forced into using it just to get anywhere at a reasonable speed.

So, a passive 20-25% would solve several problems at once, in my book. Whereas, stacking the speeds higher and higher would just create more problems all around the board(not just with rangers), affecting the game as a whole.

in Ranger

Posted by: DragonFlu.7314

DragonFlu.7314

Well, then the other classes would really have a right to complain.

I personally don’t like that at all. For myself, one of the main reasons I want a 20-25% passive is so that I’m not forced to equip that warhorn whenever I want to get anywhere. I don’t like the warhorn, and I’d prefer not to be forced into using it just to get anywhere at a reasonable speed.

So, a passive 20-25% would solve several problems at once, in my book. Whereas, stacking the speeds higher and higher would just create more problems all around the board(not just with rangers), affecting the game as a whole.

I was hoping the speed would be a ranger specific thing. We are a jack of all trades, but it’d be nice to excel at a nice utility specifically, besides our awesome pets. Also, this would basically be what the rune of speed is supposed to do…(wish the 6th rune worked =[ )

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Its 150% increased dmg and has a short cd.

Afaik it is 50% increase on 1 hit.
Like 750 instead of 500.
Considering our level of control over pet….

Please make me a favor..Go to the Mists pick up a Jaguar,pick up the signet of the hunt and activate it.Dont do anything now…just click on your Jaguar….it have an icon saying attack of opportunity…and below says 150% more dmg in the next hit

“Attack of Opportunity is an effect that makes the next attack do 50% more damage”
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Attack_of_Opportunity_

Ooooh he linked the wiki guys!! You know, it’s not like i can go on there, edit a page to say anything and people will take it as teh word of god or anything…. oh wait they would…

@OP I agree 20% speed on it would be AMAZING!! I fully approve!

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Volundarhus.7815

Volundarhus.7815

One thing I don’t quite understand, when I have the 10% equipped it seems like it only applies out of combat?
Even though the little bonus is still showing up in my buff effect line.

This happen for anyone else?

I don’t even use it anymore.

Dragonbrand – Dumaresq
Loch Ness Monster (nnnf)

in Ranger

Posted by: CENSOR.6081

CENSOR.6081

One thing I don’t quite understand, when I have the 10% equipped it seems like it only applies out of combat?
Even though the little bonus is still showing up in my buff effect line.

This happen for anyone else?

I don’t even use it anymore.

Because ANet thought in PvP; it would be a cheerific idea to debuff players in combat and engaging them in a ‘fair’ exchange of combat – slowing PvP down over freedom of will – thus causing more holes than filling them.

So; Pets getting snagged by a straw of grass and bottlenecking you – 80 miles away. Or taking fall-damage from jumping out of the spawn den~

It’s a god awful mechanic and I want to see it dressed-up as a gold ring
and nailed shut in the coffin of Jimmy Savile.

- Maybe he can fix it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Volundarhus.7815

Volundarhus.7815

Thanks CENSOR.. I hadn’t read that, I was hoping that wasn’t the case.
Oh well, Rage as one and swapping weapons it is.
If the movement from that skill is 20% that doesn’t apply in combat it would still be garbage.
So raise it or lower it even I’m not touching it again anytime soon.

Perhaps as an alternative they could offer us a trait that gives flat % movement while a shortbow/longbow is equipped? Kind of like they have for Necro – Daggers.

Dragonbrand – Dumaresq
Loch Ness Monster (nnnf)

in Ranger

Posted by: CENSOR.6081

CENSOR.6081

Thanks CENSOR.. I hadn’t read that, I was hoping that wasn’t the case.
Oh well, Rage as one and swapping weapons it is.
If the movement from that skill is 20% that doesn’t apply in combat it would still be garbage.
So raise it or lower it even I’m not touching it again anytime soon.

Perhaps as an alternative they could offer us a trait that gives flat % movement while a shortbow/longbow is equipped? Kind of like they have for Necro – Daggers.

For the very first time I played this, the very first thing I noticed, was the very trash idea of combat-speed.

And considering ANet wouldn’t ever lift it – I’m relentless for a default speed buff on Rangers.

This is why I currently went back to WoW’s Hunters. Every MMO’s largest rival, and they encouraged me to re-sub. Ironic, that.

in Ranger

Posted by: The Red.1025

The Red.1025

Why the sense of entitlement to more speed for rangers? Who ordained the ranger a fast class?

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Why the sense of entitlement to more speed for rangers? Who ordained the ranger a fast class?

GW1 where we had more movement speed increases then we could deal with….

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Faze.6948

Faze.6948

Denied!!!

Rangers don’t need any more speed. If you’re having trouble keeping distance, then you’re doing something wrong.

Scouting is what Thieves are for.

Sure. When I’m setting up my medieval army I’ll have all the thieves in scouting positions to cover my borders. If they see an enemy at range they can take them down by throwing their daggers really, really hard.
And then I’ll have all the rangers infiltrate the enemy camp to slit their throats; with arrows…

Oh, hang on, something doesn’t fit…

in Ranger

Posted by: Faze.6948

Faze.6948

Yeah, rangers the most OP class in the game demanding yet more buffs.

When you’re the so-called expert of the wilds and a meathead in full plate, a bookworm carrying a stick, an urbane cutpurse and a technerd complete with gizmos and boomsticks all easily pass you over open terrain you have a balance problem.

in Ranger

Posted by: bman.1683

bman.1683

They should let us ride our pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Ultravalefor.5038

Ultravalefor.5038

Speed buffs would be appreciated but what we really need are better escape tools. One immob and it doesn’t matter how fast we move.

When was the last time you reliably and quickly removed an immobilize?

Phaynel – recently voted the hottest Ranger in GW2 by everyone
married to Railspike the Red Alpha Golem
[PiNK] Toast Forever.

in Ranger

Posted by: arcaneclarity.5283

arcaneclarity.5283

Agility Training should effect you and your pet and Signet of the Hunt should grant +30% movement speed. Of course, the movement speed traits and skills don’t stack, but it would give two different movement speed options for the Ranger.

The ranger should be the fastest profession in the game. I am confused why this niche was taken from it.

(edited by arcaneclarity.5283)

in Ranger

Posted by: Letifer.4360

Letifer.4360

They should let us ride Thief’s

Fixed for you.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lobo.1296

Lobo.1296

at least 15% but I would vote for 20%.

in Ranger

Posted by: bman.1683

bman.1683

They should let us ride Thief’s

Fixed for you.

Tryin to catch me ridin sneaky

in Ranger

Posted by: Haya jii san.1978

Haya jii san.1978

25% Signet of the Hunt

in Ranger

Posted by: The Red.1025

The Red.1025

Yeah, rangers the most OP class in the game demanding yet more buffs.

When you’re the so-called expert of the wilds and a meathead in full plate, a bookworm carrying a stick, an urbane cutpurse and a technerd complete with gizmos and boomsticks all easily pass you over open terrain you have a balance problem.

I wasn’t trying to denigrate rangers … was just surprised at this thread demanding speed buffs as if it was an intrinsic right. Especially when https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/professions/ranger/ doesn’t mention rangers as the fast class.

in Ranger

Bohun Martell.8963

I wasn’t trying to denigrate rangers … was just surprised at this thread demanding speed buffs as if it was an intrinsic right. Especially when https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/professions/ranger/ doesn’t mention rangers as the fast class.

This site mention rangers as “Unparalleled archers” ;D. They are not.

This site https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/professions/elementalist/ does not mention elementalists are fast class. But they are.

We do not want to be fastest. But we do not want to be slowest too.
We are supposed to be versatile.

in Ranger

Posted by: Joiry.2504

Joiry.2504

I originally wanted to play a ranger, but thief is my main because it acts more like the petless skirmisher I wanted to play. I level my ranger, mostly through the daily, but that’s all I do with it these days.

And I say, SoH needs to be at least 25% passive speed increase, if not 30%. Don’t worry about potential thief whining, its unfounded.

Rangers asking for less than 25% are selling yourselves short. Maybe you think Anet is more likely to give the smaller increase, but if they do, you’ll likely never get more. Ask for it all up front – don’t get into this beat down attitude asking for scraps from Anet.

25% is totally deserved. Thieves get everything better in the comparable skill categories. The two speed signets, obviousy. Thief SB is vastly better than Ranger SB (and thieves get extra mobility with #5). Sword #2 as both a gap closer and gap creator works vastly better on thieves. Roll for Initiative is vastly better than Lightning Reflexes, etc, etc.

Don’t settle for less, demand 25% speed, heck demand 30% (or at least maybe a extra burst effect with 25%).

(edited by Joiry.2504)

in Ranger

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

eh.. it makes more sense for the Thief one to be higher (they do not have pets and rely strongly on mobility!), but I do think that 10% is too little. I would vote to improve it along with the Ele one to 15% so that it’s more than half as good and not less than half as good.

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

I originally wanted to play a ranger, but thief is my main because it acts more like the petless skirmisher I wanted to play. I level my ranger, mostly through the daily, but that’s all I do with it these days.

And I say, SoH needs to be at least 25% passive speed increase, if not 30%. Don’t worry about potential thief whining, its unfounded.

Rangers asking for less than 25% are selling yourselves short. Maybe you think Anet is more likely to give the smaller increase, but if they do, you’ll likely never get more. Ask for it all up front – don’t get into this beat down attitude asking for scraps from Anet.

25% is totally deserved. Thieves get everything better in the comparable skill categories. The two speed signets, obviousy. Thief SB is vastly better than Ranger SB (and thieves get extra mobility with #5). Sword #2 as both a gap closer and gap creator works vastly better on thieves. Roll for Initiative is vastly better than Lightning Reflexes, etc, etc.

Don’t settle for less, demand 25% speed, heck demand 30% (or at least maybe a extra burst effect with 25%).

I like this guy.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user