anyone have two rangers?

anyone have two rangers?

in Ranger

Posted by: hyjaxxx.1584

hyjaxxx.1584

Salutations folks just something I wanted to ask. I have my ranger main that i play and love to theory craft but sometimes you want to try something off the wall,even though youre pleased with where your build is at.

The question is, does anyone have a second ranger to do other builds with ECT? Just curious if I’m crazy for doing it haha.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Jaxx.

Whoajaxx the Ranger
Re-Port331,331R,DD331,Re-portV
Currently looking for wvw guild@henge

anyone have two rangers?

in Ranger

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I have 2 rangers.

One is a power ranger and the other is a Sinister trapper.

Server: Devona’s Rest

anyone have two rangers?

in Ranger

hyjaxxx.1584

Good to know! I want to keep the one for power builds and one for condi. Since my return to the game I have been doing a ton of theory crafting so I’m looking forward to getting this second ranger to cap!

Whoajaxx the Ranger

anyone have two rangers?

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

I’ve got 3, when they get rid of the crappy changes they made to the leveling system, and quit making you pay for traits, I’ll make a 4th.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

anyone have two rangers?

in Ranger

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I only have one of each class (well, I should say one of 6 different classes) right now.

But I’ve sometimes considered making a second Ranger who would be more trap-based as opposed to my main that’s pet-based. I think there’s enough variety in playstyle there that I could justify having both. Still, that’s a ways off probably, as I imagine I’d make a Warrior and a Thief (and of course a Revenant) first before I started doubling up anything.

anyone have two rangers?

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

I have 3. It’s fun to play with different looks on the various races, you get to enjoy the racial skills and abuse their synergy with the traits (pre-ferocity norn bear form charge one shot, charr LR+hidden pistol dodges, asura 6s Technobabble, sylvari immobilize spam…).

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

anyone have two rangers?

in Ranger

Posted by: pomp.7314

pomp.7314

I currently have 3, they are built as
Power ranger for wvw (it used to run as 644 but i find 626 survives better)
Wilderness survival for PvE
my 3rd was a spotter build for dungeon but i keep trying out different builds on this toon as im really unsure what to do with it at the mo.
I did have a 4th but it was asura and i didnt like it, so binned it.

As my traits are now so similar between the wvw & pve ranger, my intention is that my pve ranger will eventually become my druid after the patch and then ill use the current wvw build as an all rounder for wvw & pve

(edited by pomp.7314)

anyone have two rangers?

in Ranger

Posted by: solrik.6028

solrik.6028

I have 3,

1 at 80 and with good stuff (my main)
1 between 60-70 with so-so stuff
1 low level one

I’ve stopped making new characters because the pay for traits and trait hunting is a pain in the kitten for me. They don’t work with the exploring compass or have any tracking system so I have to look through my one hundred traits to make sure I haven’t missed any of them on the map I’m currently in.

anyone have two rangers?

in Ranger

Posted by: Kolisch.4691

Kolisch.4691

I have two because some days I just want to play Ranger (I have about all classes); 1 for WvW, 1 for PVE, and I don’t like to keep swapping gear/traits when I need to do things in a hurry (like responding to wvw help).

HoT = Grind Wars 2
HoT = WvW players forced to PVE

anyone have two rangers?

in Ranger

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

I have 3 (I also have 3 thieves, 3 necromancers and 2 of everything else at this point), but that is mostly because I like having that are solely for appearance, male and female character (where it matters) of each armor weight (with a couple of extras that happened) and playing through different professions makes that a bit easier for me.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

anyone have two rangers?

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

I have 3 rangers originally this was only because I like to make diffrent armor sets as a hobby and needed diffrent races and/or sexes, they have diffrent builds now one is my fractal ranger and the other two have diffrent wvw builds and armors basically if I want to change the style of play.

anyone have two rangers?

in Ranger

Posted by: Unholey.3264

Unholey.3264

I have 5 — 80, geared, 100% world completion.

But that’s just because I wanted one of each race. I basically only ever play 1 of them.

anyone have two rangers?

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

I have a norn and a human. I only have a human because I’m under the impression that the swoop animation is different for the body type and therefore makes “parkour” easier. That being said, It might just be that given the size of norn it is harder for me to make an accurate judgement of where his feet need to be positioned in order to execute a successful leap. As for having different builds on different ranger, It doesn’t matter to me. I can swap back and forth fast enough that I don’t think something like that would be worth it.

I should have 3. I should have an Asura JUST for technobabble.

(edited by Eurantien.4632)

anyone have two rangers?

in Ranger

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

I’ve got 2 now, first one was a human and the second one made me discover the male norn autoattack animation on 1h sword :D

9 Guardians later…

anyone have two rangers?

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

No, you’re not crazy for having a 2nd Ranger for testing other builds with. I used to have a second Ranger for that as well. I then remade it as a Sylvari since Anet said something about having one with HoT…

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

anyone have two rangers?

in Ranger

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Salutations folks just something I wanted to ask. I have my ranger main that i play and love to theory craft but sometimes you want to try something off the wall,even though youre pleased with where your build is at.

The question is, does anyone have a second ranger to do other builds with ECT? Just curious if I’m crazy for doing it haha.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Jaxx.

Builds… that’s the question?

I do have two, moving to an asura if I can… if it’s viable. Main a human and have since Pre-Launch.

Now if I can find the build that magically can clear condi and do some damage or at least condition damage well (I’ve seen 1700 but wow, the cost to get there after building for power is HUGE.).

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

(edited by atheria.2837)

anyone have two rangers?

in Ranger

Posted by: Kaldrys.1978

Kaldrys.1978

I made a 2nd asura one for technobabble shenanigans.

anyone have two rangers?

in Ranger

Posted by: Eggyokeo.9705

Eggyokeo.9705

I have 3

My main with 4 sets of shiny acceded armor and several sets of other stuff, thoug some of its in the bank and can be easy picked up by another medium.

Another how is in the process of doing map completion for me again, which will be most likely left the pve Flavor of the month areas after map completion done.

and one more hows sole purpose in life is to burn up birthday boosters in EOTM.

And i have level 80 of every other class as well

anyone have two rangers?

in Ranger

Posted by: Skullface.7293

Skullface.7293

I have 5 rangers. Two humans, one charr, one asura and the last one is a sylvari. I guess it’s a lot but I used to love theorycrafting for WvW roaming and giving specific looks to my characters.

Now that I’m more into sPvP, I only use two of my rangers, but keep my other rangers for the slot spaces.

Hiro || Talgo
Main: Ranger
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/hirothebeast

anyone have two rangers?

in Ranger

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

I currently have 4 lvl 80 rangers. 3 for PvP builds condi/power/ another condi and my main ranger is majority PvE but I do have a power build set up on her for PvP.

I mostly did it for PvP and different races.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

anyone have two rangers?

in Ranger

Posted by: Darkness.9732

Darkness.9732

Good to know! I want to keep the one for power builds and one for condi. Since my return to the game I have been doing a ton of theory crafting so I’m looking forward to getting this second ranger to cap!

You returning to this game? It will be your greatest mistake ever.
Ranger is still broken after 3 years.
if you really really want to play this game..well It’ s better for you if you play another class.

anyone have two rangers?

in Ranger

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

You returning to this game? It will be your greatest mistake ever.
Ranger is still broken after 3 years.
if you really really want to play this game..well It’ s better for you if you play another class.

Lighten up, Francis.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

anyone have two rangers?

in Ranger

hyjaxxx.1584

Well to be honest people complain about the ranger but still to this day I’ve never been beaten in a 1v1 during a wvw roam..with my build I find gameplay exciting and engaging and with all the changes in the year ive been gone things seem better and I’m excited for the future.

Whoajaxx the Ranger

anyone have two rangers?

in Ranger

Posted by: Ramethzero.3785

Ramethzero.3785

Same as Mtpelion. I have two, power ranger and condi trapper full sinister.

For the Toast!
Tarnished Coast Server

anyone have two rangers?

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

I have five 80 rangers lol, I enjoy playing with racial skills.
Signet + bearform (~15-25k single target dmg)
MoC + technobabble (6s daze)
Signet + Charrzooka (hits 30k+ aoe even on guys with 3000ish armor)
Reaper of grenth + condi duration
Grasping vines + condi duration

anyone have two rangers?

in Ranger

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

I have two level 80 rangers. My first was a sylvari ranger that is currently geared as a trapper. I made a second ranger for power builds which is a charr.

anyone have two rangers?

in Ranger

Posted by: Satenia.9025

Satenia.9025

I have two of each class, including ranger (and excluding necro). I keep telling myself that it’s because of build diversity, but in truth I just like playing with the wardrobe

anyone have two rangers?

in Ranger

Posted by: TheydonBois.9208

TheydonBois.9208

Two level 80 Norn Females. One Zerker, one Condi (Carrion)

Condi for playing PvP and was my first Ranger – she has 100% Map and did a lot of the leg work for my other Ranger, whom had limited playtime due to friends playing a group of characters altogether (two weekend LAN sessions in Oct and Feb).

I have Kudzu and a few Ascended pieces (just one for each – Chest Zerker, Carrion Boots) full exotics on both.