axe/axe

axe/axe

in Ranger

Posted by: BadSanta.6527

BadSanta.6527

Q:

hey guys iheard that in pof a new stats coming of hybrid stats?
do you think axe / axe ill be viable ?

axe/axe

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I think the Greivers stats combined with Might generation and Ferocity stacking will make it a pretty decent set, although it is lacking in mobility and defense so I don’t know that it will be good for PvP or WvW.

It will certainly be far better than currently, We’ll have to wait and see.

axe/axe

in Ranger

Posted by: xBlack.4897

xBlack.4897

I think the Greivers stats combined with Might generation and Ferocity stacking will make it a pretty decent set, although it is lacking in mobility and defense so I don’t know that it will be good for PvP or WvW.

Better than what ? Currently ranger’s power dps and power scaling is garbage, a set that sacrifice expertise (condi duration) for ferocity (power scaling) will be more than useless and only lower the dps of the currently strongest dps build of ranger, condi.

That’s obviously from a pve point of view, for pvp/wvw you’ll always want either vitality or toughness next to other stats, so that’s a no aswell.

axe/axe

in Ranger

Posted by: Tharne.3298

Tharne.3298

Better than what ?

The current state of the Axe/Axe combo.

axe/axe

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Better than what ? Currently ranger’s power dps and power scaling is garbage, a set that sacrifice expertise (condi duration) for ferocity (power scaling) will be more than useless and only lower the dps of the currently strongest dps build of ranger, condi.

That’s obviously from a pve point of view, for pvp/wvw you’ll always want either vitality or toughness next to other stats, so that’s a no aswell.

Better than current stat sets. He’s asking about A/A which is a hybrid set if ever there was one, one hybrid weapon, one power weapon. He didn’t ask what the highest DPS build was, he wants to know if he can make A/A work. Seemed obvious.

With self buffed might stacks, greiver will be able to hit around 1800+ condi damage and 2800 power. The additional 930 ferocity from cruelty/SotW/VQ/HA will give +62% crit damage on top of the 633 the set will have. So, that’s 254% crit damage. So you are giving up 42% condi duration for 42% additional crit damage.

If the fights are short, the grievers will be better than vipers for this set.

axe/axe

in Ranger

Posted by: Lalainnia.3598

Lalainnia.3598

To bad soul beast merge with deadly pets don’t give expertise instead lol

axe/axe

in Ranger

Posted by: xBlack.4897

xBlack.4897

To bad soul beast merge with deadly pets don’t give expertise instead lol

That’s a kitten that needs to be addressed.