best Skins for Charr Rangers.....

in Ranger

Posted by: Momo.6972

Momo.6972

I run a Charr and whenever anyone looks at me and i look at them meh… it sucks bro Idk any really good charr skins except apparently COF any hints and tips

in Ranger

Posted by: GingerSnap.5423

GingerSnap.5423

Well currently i’m wearing COF coat (aka shaman reward chestpiece or whatever), which obscures shoulder armour, but i think it looks really good on charr, i also wear COF gloves. the rest of my armour skins are krytan which i think looks really good with COF armour (krytan medium armour skin set can be bought for i think 500 gems). For colours i’m primarily using midnight fire and for detail i have abyss. The only problem is the COF coat covers weapons that are worn on the belt :/ (such as axes, warnhorn, sword, ect) so bows/GS look best if you’re just walking around and want to look cool with visible weapons.

in Ranger

Posted by: Florgknight.1589

Florgknight.1589

For colors on armor, I use a deep green and a brown shade which blends really well and I think adds to the whole ranger theme. The brown is the main color, while the green remains an outline.

in Ranger

Posted by: xformulax.5462

xformulax.5462

medium charr armor situation is laughable… i’m running COF, but only because it’s the only set that doesn’t make me want to puke (even though it’s pretty terrible)

in Ranger

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’m not high enough level to consider a “permanent” set of armor with my Charr Ranger (only level 45) but I’m definately going to be looking mostly at the cultural armors, since from what I hear those are about the only armors that really fit with a Charr without clipping. Though I haven’t actually looked at the cultural armor sets on preview or anything yet, so they may turn out to be hideous, regardless of the nice lack of clip.

Though I did pick up the Deathly Avian Shoulders skin from Halloween and intend on using that permanently. I think it fits the ranger theme relatively well, anything that has an animal theme to it. And it looks cool as well.

For my color scheme I’m running a Green / Dark Brown / Dark Blue scheme. Green as the primary (currently using Jalepeno starter color but I really want something less bright and more of a forest green, just haven’t gotten lucky with dyes), brown as secondary, and blue as the detail. Like someone mentioned above, I was mainly going for a camo kind of look, but I decided to throw in a little blue just for variety.

in Ranger

Posted by: SlimJim.3087

SlimJim.3087

Medium armor as whole is terrible in general not just for charrs… its all very flat and boring with none of the nice little details that the other armors have. Just go to PVP and preview all the armors in your locker the medium ones look horrendous. Best combo I have found is Arah chest with all CoF for the rest, and going a brownish leather color as our main dye and using a bone like color for the rest works well.

in Ranger

Posted by: Strongfort.2451

Strongfort.2451

I too had a hard time finding something I liked for my Charr Ranger.

In the end I took a mishmash of items from crafted, cultural, TP-bought, and low level skins to make something I liked the look of.

Attachments:

(edited by Moderator)