best healer rune for druid?

in Ranger

Posted by: Axl.8924

Axl.8924

I am working on monk rune from ascalon is that the best one?

in Ranger

Posted by: ProtoMarcus.7649

ProtoMarcus.7649

If you’re main purpose is really focused on healing, Rune of the Monk is probably your best bet; You have Healing Power as a stat bonus and the 6th bonus is a percentage-based modifier. Add to that some boon duration bonuses and possibility for small heals on hit, it’s a solid (if not the best) choice for Healer-Focused druid.

For regen-based builds (which I don’t exactly recommend) Rune of Dwayna is good as it has Regen Duration bonuses, and with the recently reworked traits to have better synergy with protection, Rune of the Grove has some nice protection-related effects and duration bonuses.

But again, Rune of the Monk is the best option. For optimal outgoing healing bonus,

• Rune of the Monk 10% outgoing healing
  • Sigil of Transference 10% outgoing healing
  • Natural Mender (Minor Trait, 10 stacks) 20% outgoing healing
  • Delicious Rice Ball (Food Consumable) 10% outgoing healing

That’s a delicious 50% extra outgoing healing!

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

No mention of water?

Healing Spring / Glyph Heal + rune of the water proc is nice…

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Ranger

Posted by: ProtoMarcus.7649

ProtoMarcus.7649

The 6th bonus of Rune of the Water is a small AoE Heal burst with 755 healing and 0.5 healing power coefficient, its somewhat minimal.

With Rune of the Monk, as a Druid, you get access to the 6th bonus at all times, and it’s not dependant on healing skill, so any CAF skills will get the 10% bonus, as will the glyphs in CAF form and any other form of healing source.

in Ranger

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Also, if you’re running Sword/WH, you can put a sigil of Benevolence on Sword and concentration on WH. Benevolence will stack with everything to give you 62.5% extra outgoing healing and concentration will make your first use of quickdraw’d/Windborne Notes Call of the Wild last even longer.

NSPride <3

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I’m pretty partial to Runes of the Druid with Bowl of Tapioca Pudding and Glyph of Rejuvenation + GoE for the burst heal potential.

in Ranger

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

Go for Monk runes with Minstrel gear if you intend to min-max your outgoing healing as much as possible. Transference and Water sigils on the weapons. You’ll be popping 500 Hp/sec regeneration at perma or close to duration. This beats any other regeneration focused runes. Not to mentioned the much better healing overall.

You’ll be sitting at around 1537 (including infusions) healing power and 73% increased boon duration. This will allow you to use Bountiful Maintenance Oil for a wooping 16% outgoing healing increase on top of everything ProtoMarcus already mentioned.
That new oil allows you to outheal someone in Magi gear even at 1747 healing power since the oil will provide them with only +11% (5% less than in Minstrel) outgoing healing. They will also lose a full 40% increased boon duration which is going to lower their regeneration uptime by quite a bit. Maintenance Oil is the better option for a Magi for that much needed boon duration but lowers the healing even further.
Magi is only the better options for when you do not want to have too much toughness for obvious reasons. But even then, I’d advise you to stick to Monk runes.

Just to clarify, there is a certain sweet spot between the two sets if we want to go that far into detail. You can replace a couple of Minstrel armor pieces with Magi to gain around 2% more healing but will sacrafice 5% boon duration from what I tried.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

The 6th bonus of Rune of the Water is a small AoE Heal burst with 755 healing and 0.5 healing power coefficient, its somewhat minimal.

With Rune of the Monk, as a Druid, you get access to the 6th bonus at all times, and it’s not dependant on healing skill, so any CAF skills will get the 10% bonus, as will the glyphs in CAF form and any other form of healing source.

I actually like Rune of the Water too, the extra boon duration and (6) bonus is significant if you are using a low CD heal like traited WHaO. Not so much for outright healing.

If you take into account the outgoing healing modifiers and decent healing power (1400), combined with Cultivated Synergy and Glyph of Rejuvenation, you have a 11085 allied heal outside of CAF and in CAF it’s 16079, if you pop GoE while inside CAF 1st, then it’s 20098. At the end of the day, the water rune accounts for [755 + (0.5 * 1400) * 1.4] 2037 of this, which is a bit better than 10% of the burst, though, if you had monk runes instead, this healing would be 9694 ouside CAF, 15034 inside CAF and 18793 with GoE 1st.

So, for outright healing the Monk Rune wins every time.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fate.8673

Fate.8673

with soul beast coming out… I wonder if its even worth it to start collecting this gear. I read somewhere that its pointless to try and min.max healing power and only to use Druid form to get into Avatar Celestial mode?

#out of the game for two years, returning dedicated Ranger

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

with soul beast coming out… I wonder if its even worth it to start collecting this gear. I read somewhere that its pointless to try and min.max healing power and only to use Druid form to get into Avatar Celestial mode?

It depends on the game mode and group you are running with, or whether or not you are even in a a group. You absolutely need healing power for some areas and team compositions and it can be kitten powerful in PvP/WvW, but how much is really dependent on several factors such as personal and group skill and what the build’s role is intended to be and achieve.

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Essentially the worse your group is the more important healing power is, and if you’re like me and you believe all your groups are going to be as incompetent as possible, healing power isn’t going to be wasted, and in my experience I’ve only had a single group where I felt like I could’ve probably traded out some of my healing power gear.

Your job as a Druid healer is to keep people topped off so they can benefit from their scholar runes, while maintaining grace of the land on them, and giving them spirits and glyph of empowerment.

If you enjoy being a healer I’d recommend going and getting a set, it’s dirt cheap since no one wants to be a support, and it’ll get you groups pretty easily.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna