best lvling build? worth it to get legendary?

in Ranger

Posted by: Immortalz.3152

Immortalz.3152

Hi, I am a new ranger and was wondering what is the best build to level up the fastest with? what pet should I be aiming for?

Also is the legendary short bow worth going for? I want to know so I know which crafting profession I should choose. I am looking at the Aether and it seems a lot cheaper but better stats..I might be wrong so if anyone can help me out that will be great!

in Ranger

Posted by: Banjal.7328

Banjal.7328

Any build can work fine to level,I like BM builds for PvE.

Legendary weapons don’t have better stats,they are just to show off that you spent 2k+ gold for a skin.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Eh, I’m not sold on legendaries. Power/toughness/vitality is the only stat combo available, I believe, which isn’t really optimal for ranger stats. However, if you really want to shoot unicorns with rainbows, then go for it.

Aether is cool, but preview it before you devote your time for it. I noticed that in the preview, it seems to sit at a very akward position on my character (female norn).

in Ranger

Posted by: jwaz.1908

jwaz.1908

Legendary weapons don’t have better stats,they are just to show off that you spent 2k+ gold for a skin.

They only cost 2000g if you buy them off the AH, they can cost much less if you make them yourself. Although it also depends on the legendary your making, The Dreamer is one of the cheaper legendary weapons because it doesn’t require any lodestones.

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Nemata Sapshield – Dragonhunter
Lillian Estre – Tempest

in Ranger

Posted by: Serraphin Storm.2369

Serraphin Storm.2369

Legendary Weapon will get a stat bonus once ascended weopans are available. Once you have all the armor you need and 20 slot bags. What are you going to spend your gold on. What will you do with all the skill points you earn once you have unlocked all your skill. you can passively go for a legendary just incase you change your mind later on.

In order to properly understand the big picture,
everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.

in Ranger

Posted by: Immortalz.3152

Immortalz.3152

So what stats should I be aiming for during end game? what weapon should I be looking at? What are the best professions to use?

in Ranger

Posted by: dodgerrule.8739

dodgerrule.8739

The best leveling build is one you make yourself. We cannot tell you what is good for you, only you can.

Dodger Rule Ranger – Fort Aspenwood

in Ranger

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

They only cost 2000g if you buy them off the AH, they can cost much less if you make them yourself. Although it also depends on the legendary your making, The Dreamer is one of the cheaper legendary weapons because it doesn’t require any lodestones.

Kudzu also requires no lodestones, and its precusror is quite a bit cheaper than The Lover. Though I would much rather have Wings of Dwayna. Although, I don’t suppose it’s possible to find a weapon that doesn’t exist.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690