buffing fernhound's f2? first fix it!

in Ranger

Posted by: ArchFire.9124

ArchFire.9124

I don’t normally post on forums, but i was irritated to see that a reproducible bug with this pet’s f2 has still not been fixed. When you press the fernhound’s f2 and then switch pets, the fernhound’s regeneration heals for only 5 compared to 130 per tick if u do not. I have posted this in the bug forum months ago, and i feel that this “buff” feels underwhelming when something like this is present. I am just posting this here to receive the attention it deserves, and this just goes to show how broken certain mechanics are on the ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

Almost forgot about this bug, it made me dropped Fern Hound so long ago I just forgot about it.

in Ranger

Posted by: DiamondMeteor.8345

DiamondMeteor.8345

Jellyfish also have this issue.

Ranger / Revenant – Crystal Desert

in Ranger

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

F2 animations & activation in general have always been TERRIBLE.

…shaving 5 seconds off the C/D on most of them doesn’t even begin to address the main problems like the bugs, and canceling & then extra cooldown when F2 is pressed twice, and anything else that’s wrong with the UI/Control like the OP just listed.

in Ranger

Posted by: TheLaughingMan.7951

TheLaughingMan.7951

I just don’t get the F2 animations and cast times. When I hit a button, I expect an action. Sometimes they don’t do it still. It should be an instant action.

Zrun
Former NSP, now on GOM! http://www.youtube.com/user/umdsmith/videos

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

I just don’t get the F2 animations and cast times. When I hit a button, I expect an action. Sometimes they don’t do it still. It should be an instant action.

They should have some kind of uniform cast time. This way the pet remains balanced to opposing players as they’ll be able to dodge or counter the pet if they want/need to.

It should only be about .5 second though. Certainly not the 1, 2, or even 3 seconds we have now. But you’re right.. when we push the button, the pet should use these abilities right then and there without any delay.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bredin.5368

Bredin.5368

One problem is the cast time. Another problem is the abilities que, which is invisible to the player. You press F2 and the skill activation time doesn’t even begin until the pet is finished with its current action. So, if it is doing an attack that has an activation time of .5, and the F2 has 1 second activation, then it will take at least 1.5 seconds for the pet to do anything.

The second problem is the unpredictable way the pet moves prior to launchin of an attack or ability. I have pressed the F2 for my birds, which has an activation time of .5 and timed it taking >2 seconds to activate. It seems like my pet is weighing the pros and cons of listening to me.

I think this is the same problem as Sword 1. The skill doesn’t root you per se, but you can’t initiate a dodge until the skill is over. As a player, we know when we’ve pressed Sword 1, so we can time our dodges (even if you don’t like this mechanic). But that is impossible with pets.

The part of pets we have no control over (pet autoattacks) interferes with the only part we are supposed to control (F2). By trying to simplify the pet mechanic, I think ANET has unintentionally made the pet in this game more difficult to manage than in any other.

in Ranger

Posted by: Noobie.1073

Noobie.1073

I used Fern Hound last night, and…..there was nothing. didn’t get any healing from it. Maybe I was out of affected area? but I had pet on passive

Pet’s are suppose to be unique to us ranger’s but I don’t feel that they are “unique” they seem like, any other minion out there. Heck even an elementalist’s minions get focused down because of the damage and consistency of their hits, our pets are completely ignored other than by thieves who just make pets into a liability by using them against us with CnD.

I Cha Cha I – Mediocre Ranger at best
Mao Xiong – Worst Warrior GW2