can we shift some dmg from pet to ranger?

in Ranger

Posted by: Flurry.6812

Flurry.6812

Currently it fels like my pet deals alot more dmg then me it’s like im his pet not the other way around
and when they die your damage output just vanishes this is very annoying from my point of view
Oh and current stance on sword and greatsword dmg ?:P

in Ranger

Posted by: July.5361

July.5361

Gear up, get better weapons and equipment, put the right stones and traits and you will go ahead of your pet. It’s fine by me.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffycalico.2715

Fluffycalico.2715

I do at least double if not triple the damage of my pet. Its fine the way it is.

in Ranger

Posted by: fervor.6491

fervor.6491

At lower levels, the pet does a bigger percentage of your total damage, but the percentage drops with each level.

There are a number of really overpowered abilities in this game for early leveling. The ranger pet is most definitely one of them. For a while, I seriously felt like I was just tagging along while my pet was doing all the work.

in Ranger

Posted by: Nex Inter Nos.2481

Nex Inter Nos.2481

You must be using longbow/greatsword with feline pets. Try the good ranger weapons(sword/offhand and shortbow).

in Ranger

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

Drake at lvl 40 is silly. lightning breath (F2) just rolls everyone. I normally just gather while telling him to annihilate the area, although he has his problems, mainly with the 5 second cast on lightning breath and its always failingness.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in Ranger

Posted by: spoodigity.4321

spoodigity.4321

I’d be completely fine with pets contributing a substantial amount of our DPS if they weren’t so ineffective at attacking moving targets.

in Ranger

Posted by: Pikafan.3792

Pikafan.3792

In the end, at lvl 80 pets are just sponges without any real damage. Not sure what the moaning and whining is about.

in Ranger

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

Hey, are you kidding?! Pet deals HALF of rangers’s damage! We must be play a different games? With beastmaster 10 + it makes 60%. With a short bow you deal a critical by 900 2 times per second, and pet 2000 per 1 second. He’s right – you are just pet of your pet. Any other class doing double-triple damage than a ranger with no pet!

in Ranger

Pikafan.3792

Hey, are you kidding?! Pet deals HALF of rangers’s damage! We must be play a different games? With beastmaster 10 + it makes 60%. With a short bow you deal a critical by 900 2 times per second, and pet 2000 per 1 second. He’s right – you are just pet of your pet. Any other class doing double-triple damage than a ranger with no pet!

Sure, if you belong to the category of clueless and really awful players.

In the meantime, I will suffice with pulling aggro from glass cannon warriors with my single target damage, and you will suffice with being clueless like the way you are.

My calculations in your unwarranted QQ thread are extensive, proves that ranger pets don’t even come close to 20% of the ranger’s damage unless a person is misguided enough to put 30 points into beastmastery.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ravina Gray.4719

Ravina Gray.4719

We must indeed play very different games your figures and logic are way out.

And can we not shift damage from pet to ranger it’s not an error in mechanic it’s a part of the profession mechanic. Dare I suggest ppl that have an issue with pets doing damage don’t roll Ranger or at least take the time to understand the profession.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dante Dragonhand.2538

Dante Dragonhand.2538

No, at lvl 80 pets do significant damage, not amazing, but about 40% of mine. Ive seen my pet crit a player for 4k+, and my river drakes lightning breath can do 6-12k. Id much rather have alot of that damage transfered into the fail that is longbow.

in Ranger

Pikafan.3792

No, at lvl 80 pets do significant damage, not amazing, but about 40% of mine. Ive seen my pet crit a player for 4k+, and my river drakes lightning breath can do 6-12k. Id much rather have alot of that damage transfered into the fail that is longbow.

No, stop lying. They do NOT do that kind of damage. What you are seeing is your own damage. And no, lightning breath doesn’t do 6 to 12k. Please stop spreading all these malicious lies.

in Ranger

Dante Dragonhand.2538

No, stop lying. They do NOT do that kind of damage. What you are seeing is your own damage. And no, lightning breath doesn’t do 6 to 12k. Please stop spreading all these malicious lies.

Unless you actually play ranger, shut up. my river drakes f2 does 5-6k to targets, and if it crits it goes up, its not every target but the squishy ones. Ive had it hit for 12k in pve, highest in pvp was around 7k, regardless, pets do a good amount of damage, if you cant see that then go back to school and learn how to count. My wolf just hit a guardian for 4k attack, and when I swapped to river drake he hit him for 6k lightning breath. Ask any1 who plays thekittenclass.

in Ranger

Pikafan.3792

Unless you actually play ranger, shut up. my river drakes f2 does 5-6k to targets, and if it crits it goes up, its not every target but the squishy ones. Ive had it hit for 12k in pve, highest in pvp was around 7k, regardless, pets do a good amount of damage, if you cant see that then go back to school and learn how to count. My wolf just hit a guardian for 4k attack, and when I swapped to river drake he hit him for 6k lightning breath. Ask any1 who plays thekittenclass.

Nope, and once again, stop lying. Pets really do not have that kind of damage. And yes, I do have an 80 ranger, but I am sure either you don’t, or you are just grossly exaggerating what pets do. They barely hit 1k as it is.

in Ranger

Pikafan.3792

Yeap, went in game to test it out. River Drake’s Lightning Breath did an average of 850 × 5 hits on a target. That’s on a 30 second cd. The rest were autoattacks at a rate of 1 attack for every ~3.5 crossfires a ranger puts out. Certainly not even close to “40% of the ranger’s damage”, unless you are really went ahead and put 30 points into beastmastery, which would explain why your ranger has no damage of his own.

Bunch of really ill-conceived lies debunked by proper testing, again.

in Ranger

Dante Dragonhand.2538

No, its not ill concieved or a lie. 850×5 is still 4250, and my pet hits harder than that, with an average of 1k per crit, It hits for about 5k with me on average and about 7k with crits. pets normal attacks barely do 1k, sure, but they have special attacks that do 4k+, Im also running a glass cannon build that meant for high damage. Regardless my point remains, pets do ab out 30-40% of my damage.

in Ranger

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

You bring comparison with only shortbow? Have it your way. Than what will you advise to people who want to play a ranger, but do not want 20% of their damage was the pet? Have you tried to send your pet to attack the player on the wall of the fortress? Or on the rocks, which you can only jump on? -20% Damage. OK?

in Ranger

Dante Dragonhand.2538

Im personally fine with pets, I just want a trait that lets us gain 20% or so of our pets damage as our own, pets are a flawed mechanic. About the only thing blizzard did right with their hunters was made it so pets unless speced for beast mastery were only used for CC and utility and had low damage. If my sniper has to have a pet Id rather it be like that.

in Ranger

Posted by: SquallofBalamb.8973

SquallofBalamb.8973

I’m only level 48 but my pet does around 200 per hit, once every second while my short-bow is about 30 every half a second. I do have 20 points in beastmastery but without my pet I might as-well be licking my opponent to death, and I think my pet may share (at least some) of my high crit rate, and with options like pet gaining might when I crit/attack increasing when it kills there’s really very little point to being there personally. I should mention this is in effective level 18 areas.

Minion Master of Apex of Tyria
Warrior of GOLD
(Whiteside Ridge)