druid rule must use staff?

in Ranger

Posted by: BadSanta.6527

BadSanta.6527

title say it all only staff heals allies and since the druid rolle is an heavy healer that mean i have to use stuff?
why not make adruid trait that make every outo wepon attack heal allies
for little amount not the same as stuff?

(edited by BadSanta.6527)

in Ranger

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

Druids do use stuff, yes. Lots of stuff.

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

I can agree with the OP that a druid trait that make any weapon heal in some way would open up the specialization somewhat. Staff would still be the superior choice for healing, but it would also give the traitline a bit more synergy with ranger as a whole.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

(edited by OGDeadHead.8326)

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

title say it all only staff heals allies and since the druid rolle is an heavy healer that mean i have to use stuff?
why not make adruid trait that make every outo wepon attack heal allies
for little amount not the same as stuff?

The devs are looking at astral force generation balance so you are not exclusively locked into staff & trolls unguent. And I think there was similar word about staff doing something more potent beyond astral force generation. However they work it out, they still making it clear that if you want to “master” astral force generation you will want to use staff.

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

How about a trait like this:

“When you succesfully hit an an enemy with an attack, you heal allies near you for x health”

With an icd? Based on damage done with the attack? Heal more depending on healing power?

Could even include the pet to heal allies around them, when in celestial form, for example. There are lots of possibilites.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: Serraphin Storm.2369

Serraphin Storm.2369

No other spec limits you the way the druid spec does. One shouldnt have to focus on healing to use the spec. At leas one of the glyph should give the full amount of astral force similar to signet of fury for warriors. This way Druids aren’t shackled to staff and other weapon set and stat will become for viable.

Other classes can go damage (condi and power),support, or control and are not limited the way the druid spec is. This alone should concern all of us.

In order to properly understand the big picture,
everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.

in Ranger

Posted by: Rizo.9534

Rizo.9534

Just have to change 1 trait and put it in Minor traits: Lingering light. and change it to:

Healing an ally or on critical hit. creates a wisp that orbits you and heals allies it touches.

That will fix AF generation.