druid trait: Ancient seeds does not work...

in Ranger

Posted by: Nemesis.6938

Nemesis.6938

Q:

…with knock backs – correct?

in Ranger

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

A:

I would say no. Knockbacks, while interrupting, don’t really put you in a CCed status. Launch does, knocdown does, daze and stun does. There are still plenty of ways to trigger this:

• GS #5
  • SB #5
  • Spike Trap
  • Daze Glyph (AoE)
  • Astral Form #3 (AoE)
  • Various pet CCs (dogs, new wyvern, …)

Especially with glyphes it will be easy to trigger it on multiple targets. Seems very strong/annoying for the opponent on only 10s ICD.

Btw we have a lightning field on the wyvern f2 which allows us to leap daze. Just that electro wyvern can trigger that kitten pretty often.

in Ranger

Posted by: Mono.7320

Mono.7320

Call Lightning from ‘’Storm Spirit’’ Also has 3 seconds of Daze

in Ranger

Nemesis.6938

I would say no. Knockbacks, while interrupting, don’t really put you in a CCed status. Launch does, knocdown does, daze and stun does. There are still plenty of ways to trigger this:

• GS #5
  • SB #5
  • Spike Trap
  • Daze Glyph (AoE)
  • Astral Form #3 (AoE)
  • Various pet CCs (dogs, new wyvern, …)

Especially with glyphes it will be easy to trigger it on multiple targets. Seems very strong/annoying for the opponent on only 10s ICD.

Btw we have a lightning field on the wyvern f2 which allows us to leap daze. Just that electro wyvern can trigger that kitten pretty often.

true tough i think its especially useful for condition builds and there, the bristleback? seems to become the pet of choice

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Knockback should be included and Launch should be removed. We don’t even have Launch in our whole skill set.

Wyvern also does Knockback, as does Devourer for example. They won’t be able to trigger this trait if it’s excluded.

Maybe Knockback counts as a Knockdown, since it takes a second for someone to stand up after being knocked back.

This trait should be balanced around the idea that Knockback works as well.

in Ranger

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

On the stream Irenio actually said Knockback for triggering it, but he may have misspoke.

Local Charr Ruins Everything

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

On the stream Irenio actually said Knockback for triggering it, but he may have misspoke.

video reference

You’re right, he says Knockback several times and even gives Glyph of the Tides as an example, which does an AoE Knockback. He even adds that all hit targets will be affected rather than just 1.

I think Launch was written, but should say Knockback, or maybe they’re both included, since he also said “…dazed or CC-ed in some other fashion…”.

in Ranger

Nemesis.6938

well in the skill description it explicitly says not knockback, otherwise they just could have said “disabled” no?

Sometimes im kinda wondering, the devs so often misspeak, confuse things and stuff doesnt work as advertised or has bugs – do these guys even know what they want to do, know the game mechanics and test the stuff? Don’t want to sound rude but sometimes im really wondering if some of the devs know their own game…

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Knockback should be included for PBS and CA synergy.

in Ranger

Dojo.1867

Knockback should be included and Launch should be removed. We don’t even have Launch in our whole skill set.

Wyvern also does Knockback, as does Devourer for example. They won’t be able to trigger this trait if it’s excluded.

Maybe Knockback counts as a Knockdown, since it takes a second for someone to stand up after being knocked back.

This trait should be balanced around the idea that Knockback works as well.

You should remember that we do not have to trigger the CC ourselves. If someone else launches stuff for us we can still entangle the target – even from 1500 range with a longbow. It is pretty kittening strong.

I think he has mispoken. There is simply no status of “being knocked back”. There is just that super short timeframe of moving through the air when getting knockedback (same as getting pulled) and then you aren’t CCed anymore. So to be affacted “while” knocked back it would have to hit in that super short timeframe.

I doubt it will work with knockback. Being launched is effectively being knocked back AND knocked down at the same time and being knocked down is a status that can last a certain amount of time and can be stunbroken. Just a knockback cannot be stunbroken either (same as pull).

(edited by Dojo.1867)

in Ranger

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

How? Unlike the others, Knock-back happens and is over in basically 1 server tick. Nothing (damaging) in the Ranger ‘rsenal is fast enough to land while the target is "CC’d". They’d have to add a lingering tag to every knockback in the game to create that window to strike.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Ranger

Dojo.1867

How? Unlike the others, Knock-back happens and is over in basically 1 server tick. Nothing (damaging) in the Ranger ‘rsenal is fast enough to land while the target is "CC’d". They’d have to add a lingering tag to every knockback in the game to create that window to strike.

Wouldn’t have had to make my edit if I knew you post this. ;_;

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

If that is the case, then it is pointless. Taunt could be added instead though.

in Ranger

Dojo.1867

They could indeed add taunt and fear to the list but honestly. The trait is really strong already I before suggesting more stuff I rather hope it won’t eat nerfs before we have even chance to test it.

There is a minor trait that dazes everything around you when you switch to staff. Add something like sigil of hydromancy (or geomancy) and you will instantly also proc some damage triggering the grandmaster.

Yep. Entangle everything around you when you swap to staff every 10 seconds.

in Ranger

Nike.2631

Wouldn’t have had to make my edit if I knew you post this. ;_;

Great minds .

If that is the case, then it is pointless. Taunt could be added instead though.

Huh. I’d assume Ancient Seeds triggers when hitting feared or taunted foes. If they don’t tell us outright it’s certainly something to check during BWE3.

in Ranger

Nike.2631

There is a minor trait that dazes everything around you when you switch to staff. Add something like sigil of hydromancy (or geomancy) and you will instantly also proc some damage triggering the grandmaster.

Diabolical!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Hepatolith.6389

Hepatolith.6389

Diabolical!!

yeah thought of that aswell, we gotta see what proccs first tho, the on swap sigils or the trait (or is it coded that on swap traits trigger before sigileffects?)

Cayline Oakheart, Ranger – Drakkar Lake
Covenant of Bloodthirst [IvsI],
Favorable Winds [Wind]

in Ranger

Dojo.1867

Diabolical!!

yeah thought of that aswell, we gotta see what proccs first tho, the on swap sigils or the trait (or is it coded that on swap traits trigger before sigileffects?)

True and I am not sure what procs first either but tbh even if you just have to autoattack once after the swap this seems pretty strong.

in Ranger

Posted by: Hepatolith.6389

Hepatolith.6389

vs single targets obviously yes but not in a situation where you have to deal with more than one enemy. you’d need glyphs or traps then

Cayline Oakheart, Ranger – Drakkar Lake
Covenant of Bloodthirst [IvsI],
Favorable Winds [Wind]

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Well you could be knocking the enemy back into aoe you already set up such as a trap or barrage that they are trying to run out of, or you could be triggering it off of a pet knockback, or another rangers.

I’m personally hoping knockback does trigger it and they just screwed up the tooltip.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended