fix maul please

fix maul please

in Ranger

Posted by: EthanLightheart.9168

EthanLightheart.9168

I just took 7k damage from maul with my 3,7k armor guardian. This can’t be working correctly.

fix maul please

in Ranger

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

Was it an opening Strike?

fix maul please

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Nerf ranger gs it too op. Nobody should be allowed to deal more than 2k damage unless it’s Condi tics.

fix maul please

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

What’s not working correctly, your reflexes? Did he catch you by surprise when the giant bear aura appeared around him?

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

fix maul please

in Ranger

Posted by: EthanLightheart.9168

EthanLightheart.9168

It’s technically not possible for the attack to deal such a high crit.

fix maul please

in Ranger

Posted by: zalt.8937

zalt.8937

Damage modifiers, probably running BM and MM; moment of clarity (50% dmg increase on next attack upon interrupt.) and remorseless (25%dmg increase on gaining fury.) along with two-handed training (5% dmg increse and chance to proc fury.) and might stacks. Common combo is maul, hilt bash (resets maul cd.) Maul. The latter maul will hurt.
Highly telegraphed skill tho, easy to avoid. Outside of pulling that combo off, ranger GS is rather lackluster damage wise, good utility and sustain tho.
Bottom line; if you see a giant bear emerging from the ranger, and this is really easy to spot and avoid, dont get hit.

fix maul please

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Why?

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

fix maul please

in Ranger

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

Damage modifiers, probably running BM and MM; moment of clarity (50% dmg increase on next attack upon interrupt.) and remorseless (25%dmg increase on gaining fury.) along with two-handed training (5% dmg increse and chance to proc fury.) and might stacks. Common combo is maul, hilt bash (resets maul cd.) Maul. The latter maul will hurt.
Highly telegraphed skill tho, easy to avoid. Outside of pulling that combo off, ranger GS is rather lackluster damage wise, good utility and sustain tho.
Bottom line; if you see a giant bear emerging from the ranger, and this is really easy to spot and avoid, dont get hit.

This basically. The Ranger will usually be full Zerk or very close to it, running Tiger, stacking might and vuln, taking all traits that give him modifiers. It can deal an extreme amount of damage (I’ve seen 10k, but I think it can go up to 12k?) but you need to setup and make an interrupt.

There’s also a giant bear with 0.75 second cast time on Maul, 0.5 second with quickness. With low ping, still dodgeable/blockable.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

fix maul please

in Ranger

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

This is a very specific setup. Yes its dangerous. But its also dangerous for the ranger himself. As he gives up nearly every method of staying alive we got with HoT. He will attempt to stealth in order to wind up the combo. Move away from him when he does and dodge the tiger when it leaps. That will avoid the vast majority of the setup. And then turn and punish the ranger.

Its only dangerous if you let it happen. And this specific setup gives up a good number of the tools a ranger typically uses to lockdown an opponent.

Ghost Yak

fix maul please

in Ranger

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

This basically. The Ranger will usually be full Zerk or very close to it, running Tiger, stacking might and vuln, taking all traits that give him modifiers. It can deal an extreme amount of damage (I’ve seen 10k, but I think it can go up to 12k?) but you need to setup and make an interrupt.

There’s also a giant bear with 0.75 second cast time on Maul, 0.5 second with quickness. With low ping, still dodgeable/blockable.

It can go up to 20k or higher in the right circumstances. On average though, between 4 and 10k.

My Ranger is spec’d for maximum damage (although it is not a greatsword build) and my Mauls average about 6 – 8k. The highest one I’ve hit on a player was 13k but I’m positive it could go much higher if it was a dedicated Maul build.

As for the OP, Maul is literally the most telegraphed skill in the game. Yes it hits hard but there are numerous skills from other professions that hit harder, faster and with less of a tell. The only advantage Maul has is it’s very low cooldown and the ability to change directions while casting it because of how delayed it is.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

fix maul please

in Ranger

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

I’ve played a build that does more than this.
It is very possible and that’s not a high crit.

This is an example of a Dragon$ hitter (you)
that got used to everyone playing the Meta and expected to be hit by a ‘Menders GS 2’.

And he (you) either
1-ignored the huge tell of the GS 2 thinking it wouldn’t hurt him

OR

2-bad responses/bad play/used his dodges already.

This is why it’s fun to play the high damage build.
But it’s not very forgiving and can either work great or go horribly wrong vs certain team comps.

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2

(edited by EnderzShadow.2506)

fix maul please

in Ranger

EnderzShadow.2506

Some of what your saying is true.
The first maul will hit like a truck. And if my tiger hits right after the maul, it’s two shot damage(combined). It might as well be a Full Shatter Mesmer Combo.

However, to get that to happen, I have to use multiple utilities.
Depending on how Im set up, there isn’t much room for me to escape and try it again because it’s such an offensive build—without much escapability.

fix maul please

in Ranger

Posted by: zalt.8937

zalt.8937

The first maul will hit like a truck. And if my tiger hits right after the maul, it’s two shot damage(combined). It might as well be a Full Shatter Mesmer Combo.

Depending on how Im set up, there isn’t much room for me to escape and try it again because it’s such an offensive build—without much escapability.

Well talking about maul damage only, and not maul + tiger f2, the second maul of the combo (maul-hiltbash-maul) will hit harder due to moment of clarity. Tiger f2 really could be used w/e, preferably after a swap to make it unblockable if traited in mm. (If target has access to blocks)

Regarding ability to escape, ofc it depends on how one build, but GS being a bit of a jack of all trades you have a block, a fast no wind-up leap, evade in leap and auto-chain. Combined with smokescale thats stealth, and if druid one could take celestial shadow for stealth and superspeed, which are great for escape or repositioning to turn the tide in your favour.

fix maul please

in Ranger

EnderzShadow.2506

Well talking about maul damage only, and not maul + tiger f2, the second maul of the combo (maul-hiltbash-maul) will hit harder due to moment of clarity. Tiger f2 really could be used w/e, preferably after a swap to make it unblockable if traited in mm. (If target has access to blocks)

Regarding ability to escape, ofc it depends on how one build, but GS being a bit of a jack of all trades you have a block, a fast no wind-up leap, evade in leap and auto-chain. Combined with smokescale thats stealth, and if druid one could take celestial shadow for stealth and superspeed, which are great for escape or repositioning to turn the tide in your favour.

True ^

I’ve done all this many times.

I’m thinking about those times I was harassing far and had to escape vs 2 opponents.
Many times, I can get away and come back and re-open and down one.
And some times..a little bit of packet loss and lag and Im fkt lol.

fix maul please

in Ranger

Posted by: Sarision.6347

Sarision.6347

Never thought I’d see the day that people complain about GS…

fix maul please

in Ranger

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

You guys got baited.

fix maul please

in Ranger

EnderzShadow.2506

You guys got baited.

Thought Guard was Dragon

Dragon wuz Troll

Rangrs Bamboozled again!