what’s the best gear for “my” ranger?

i have to choose between two sets:
1-
Major: precision
minor: power + condition damage.

2-
Major: power
minor: precison + critical damage

i have an Ele with power (major) toughness/vitality (minor), so this one is going full damage.

the first gear is from AC (which i have over 700 tears, and can easily get more)
the second is from >70 levels dungeons and/or a 4/5g piece.

my main weapon is a shortbow, and the secondary… still to choose.

i’ve read that the first is not that usefull because of the conditions cap, but would like to know more opinions. i was going to get a conditions based on precision gear, but might change to power/precision with conditions as a bonus.

tnx in advance

gear for ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

Why do you “have to” choose between these two sets? Is it because you’re using CoF tokens? If so, you’d likely be better off going with Carrion (Condition Damage w/ Power + Vitality) since that’s less glassy than the other two.

I wouldn’t recommend 1 (Rampagers) nor 2 (Berserker). Both are glassy and the Ranger currently does not do well glassy.

For Ranger I recommend:

• Soldier’s (Power w/ Toughness + Vitality)
  • Knight’s (Toughness w/ Power + Precision)
  • Rabid (Condition Damage w/ Precision + Toughness)
  • Cleric’s (Healing w/ Power + Toughness)
  • Apothecary (Healing w/ Condition Damage + Toughness)
Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

gear for ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: pereira.6715

pereira.6715

i don’t “have to”. i already have a Elem with Soldier gear (power w/ toughness+vitallity) so I would like to make this a “pure” damage ranger.

gear for ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

pure damage rangers do not work .

gear for ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Dina Van Heyr.3018

Dina Van Heyr.3018

glass cannon ranger is pure glass without cannon..cannon is hiding behind the corner and laughing

gear for ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Kootje.9271

Kootje.9271

I do not concur. Firstly beacause it depends on your playstyle. I for one feel that a ranger should never be up front where the kitten hits the fan… Playing smart can really make this build work. Though u’ll get kitten mostly in 1v1 if u get hit. U can always use soldier and/or valk trinkets to compensate a little. Plus your traits do compensate a lot.

So if u want to play a damage ranger, go all out on berserker, but avoid getting hit
And trait vigor on heal

Proud member of Dutch-Finest Guild on Far Shiverpeaks.

If it ain’t dutch,… :P