hardest single hit

hardest single hit

in Ranger

Posted by: faeral.7120

faeral.7120

what is the hardest single hit to come from a ranger weapon? GS4? would GS2 be the hardest ability that you can hit with consistently?

can we judge purely from tooltip damage values, or do coefficients for final damage change depending on the skill?

hardest single hit

in Ranger

Posted by: Hadrians.4567

Hadrians.4567

4900 with Longbow

hardest single hit

in Ranger

Posted by: faeral.7120

faeral.7120

i’m not talking about attack chains like Rapid Fire, just 1 single hit.

i see that Swoop ( GS3 ) has the highest tooltip damage possibly.

hardest single hit

in Ranger

Posted by: Rocklin.4106

Rocklin.4106

Raven F2 Attack, none of the Ranger Attacks himself deal high numbers.

hardest single hit

in Ranger

Posted by: Sleepy.2647

Sleepy.2647

GS #2 probably is the highest hitting single skill we have, birds/cats can also pop big numbers if you use every single pet buff reaching 6k+ crits easily.

hardest single hit

in Ranger

Posted by: Autumn.8043

Autumn.8043

I know you wasn’t talking about Rapid Fire but I was hitting 6k easily with it last night.

hardest single hit

in Ranger

Posted by: Indoles.1467

Indoles.1467

GS #2 probably is the highest hitting single skill we have, birds/cats can also pop big numbers if you use every single pet buff reaching 6k+ crits easily.

GS#2 is the highest hitter we have I think. With a crit I have made it hit 5k on an 80 in WvWvW. I could boost that more with SotW or SotH (assuming they fixed the bug where it didn’t apply to your character when traited), but the damage with it is already spectacular and I want to maintain some survivability. Pets hit high if ignored. First thing I do when I fight another ranger is check out their buffs to determine their build. If they seem to be geared toward conditions or pet damage, I burst the pet down first and then the ranger is an easy kill.

hardest single hit

in Ranger

Posted by: Pvp.2758

Pvp.2758

5k+ crit #1 longbow
6k+ #2 greatsword

S(KILL) Gametypes > WvW & sPVP

hardest single hit

in Ranger

Posted by: crebosh.3548

crebosh.3548

5k+ crit #1 longbow
6k+ #2 greatsword

Ummmmmmm….no…I would love to see proof of 5k hits from lb #1

hardest single hit

in Ranger

Posted by: urdriel.8496

urdriel.8496

5k+ crit #1 longbow
6k+ #2 greatsword

Ummmmmmm….no…I would love to see proof of 5k hits from lb #1

easy, you kill a lvl 1 in WvWvW………

hardest single hit

in Ranger

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Raven F2 Attack, none of the Ranger Attacks himself deal high numbers.

Yea, pet burst easily blows anything our weapons can do out of the water.

hardest single hit

in Ranger

Posted by: BlueprintLFE.2358

BlueprintLFE.2358

Cutsu you beast

I have seen maul do some good damage, and one thing I have noticed in general in this game is that the party attacks hit really hard. Guardians mace 3 hits hard as a parry, and same as the warriors sword parry.

USMC 1st Battalion 10th Marines
Guardian-Blueprinted, Warrior- Grizzilli
[JCM] Guild: Ehmry Bay WvW

hardest single hit

in Ranger

Posted by: Blazinflames.8415

Blazinflames.8415

They really need to fix Swoop. It should do more damage then maul but it doesn’t. Instead it does the same damage as crippling throw which it shouldn’t. Since the Swoop skill consists out of pure damage and doesn’t provide any condition or boon it should be our highest damaging greatsword skill just as the tooltip describes.

hardest single hit

in Ranger

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

24k …on a bunny. He put up a good fight after that though.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

hardest single hit

in Ranger

Posted by: Da Poolp.6809

Da Poolp.6809

They really need to fix Swoop. It should do more damage then maul but it doesn’t. Instead it does the same damage as crippling throw which it shouldn’t. Since the Swoop skill consists out of pure damage and doesn’t provide any condition or boon it should be our highest damaging greatsword skill just as the tooltip describes.

On tooltip, the swoop coeff is 1.4, maybe it’s a lil too high. 1.2 to Swoop (it’s 1.0 in game), but a better one for the #1 could be nice.

hardest single hit

in Ranger

Posted by: Luriyu.6873

Luriyu.6873

it’s also a leap finisher. if you play trap ranger it’s basically an easy combo field and fire aura.