help me on my Ranger (archer) pls ^^

in Ranger

Posted by: wancho.8235

wancho.8235

hello everyone. could you please give me some advice on my ranger (Archer).
- Long Bow / Short bow

My main focus now is to level fast and reach lvl 80 (currently level 67) and after reaching 80 i will be doing dungeons to hunt for better armours.. could you please help me which build should i make, which armour (like armour with power-precision-crit damage – condition [which should i focus on this 4]) and accessories as well..
My weapon now is a longbow for Rapid Fire – Point Blank then switch to Short bow for crippling shot. casting traps first before attacking.

i am still very new to the game, i levelled up just by doing Maw, Story quest and Map Exploration… i still got to learn a lot of things.. your advice will greatly help me.. thank you very much for those who will reply..

in Ranger

Posted by: neverborne.4736

neverborne.4736

Some build advice will depend on what your focus is going to be on (pvp, wvw, or pve).

I’m WvW based so if you aren’t, this will be less than helpful, but here’s some of my build info:

Gear: I chose to focus mostly power, precision, crit damage (berserker) gear with a bit of valkyrie stat gear in there for survivability. Went with circle of sun & circle of moon for ascended rings.
Runes: Divinity runes, for the all around stats (nice for bow ranger, since all stats are beneficial for us.
Sigil: Bloodlust and Fire
Utilities: Signet of the hunt, signet of the wild, quickening zephyr, entangle (SoH & Zephyr are ones I’d consider essential)
Traits: 10 marks (I), 25 skirmishing (I, X), 20 wilderness (VI, IX), 15 beast mastery (VI)

I’ve tried trap builds with full condition damage spec and I found this to be less than ideal for WvW. Spirit and Pet heavy specs also suffer in WvW since they die very quickly.

(edited by neverborne.4736)

in Ranger

Posted by: wancho.8235

wancho.8235

thanks everborne. i will be focusing more on dungeons (pve) until i get a descent exotic set..