how hard do you hit

how hard do you hit

in Ranger

Posted by: madmilitia.3415

madmilitia.3415

so i have yet to see screen shots but i have a guildy that claims his auto attack long bow hit’s for 8k crits.

i’m 80 and full berszerker gear with ranger sigal’s and my long bow crits are between 3.5k and 4 k. yes my rapid fire will show any where from 10k to 15k after the last shot. but i want to know what the max auto-attack is.

so how hard are you hitting. if you are getting 8k auto attack crits, on lvl 80 geared people please explain.

how hard do you hit

in Ranger

Posted by: Strongfort.2451

Strongfort.2451

I’m not even sure how you get 4k… When I test in sPvP Heart of the Mists on the large training dummies with full power setup, I can’t get much more than a 1500 crit on an autoattack…

how hard do you hit

in Ranger

Posted by: xLiveLucidx.5071

xLiveLucidx.5071

OP’s numbers do seem a bit high…

how hard do you hit

in Ranger

madmilitia.3415

ill get screen shots tonight. i’m also talking WvW here. where food buffs and such apply. it is not uncommon for me to get 2.5 to 3.5 k auto crits. but when he said 8k auto attack crits i was like WTF. at least i know now i’m not the only one. strong are you lvl 80 ?

(edited by madmilitia.3415)

how hard do you hit

in Ranger

Posted by: Vorkk.4927

Vorkk.4927

Are there any parsers that work with this game? I used to use Gameparse in EQ1

how hard do you hit

in Ranger

Posted by: xLiveLucidx.5071

xLiveLucidx.5071

I’m not even sure how you get 4k… When I test in sPvP Heart of the Mists on the large training dummies with full power setup, I can’t get much more than a 1500 crit on an autoattack…

Full power might be the issue, a full prec setup would produce higher crits of course. But like you said…numbers seem a wee high.

how hard do you hit

in Ranger

Posted by: Indoles.1467

Indoles.1467

I hit a 150k on a rabbit. Seriously, you can’t hit an 8k with the longbow on a player unless you are in WvWvW at max range, glass cannon build, fire Hunter’s Shot , use Signet of the Hunt (150% damage) with Signet of the Beastmaster trait, against a level 1 naked player, with the best weapons and gear available. Against a Heavy Golem (sPvP) I have hit a ~4000 crit with this combo from behind, and then all other shots deal around 2700. Even then, you will get out dps’d and rolled by every other glass cannon or even player for that matter because the longbow is garbage. Thieves can hit 10ks with auto attacks from behind if they combo properly in sPvP.

how hard do you hit

in Ranger

Posted by: Majik.8521

Majik.8521

right now i have full exotic zerker gear other than chest. i have the pvp chest and plan on getting one or two more for some toughness and health. the only item i have that isn’t exotic is the guild backpack as rare is all they have for back.

even with 3 orbs i have never hit anyone for 8k in a single shot.

just to check is there any way maybe he was talking about the rapid fire. and was looking at the numbers on the last hit?

also thought i would add that i am only 20 points int the prec traits, and my utility skills are all def abilities such as traps and roots.

Wisdom is the reward for surviving our own stupidity.

(edited by Majik.8521)

how hard do you hit

in Ranger

Posted by: Bast.8902

Bast.8902

No cause he said auto attack, in which i think he is lying. It just isn’t possible, like other people said. They would have to be level 1 naked and at max range with oru gear complete glass cannon with some stacks of might and maybe 25 stacks of bloodlust to even hope to do that kind of damage on auto attacks

how hard do you hit

in Ranger

Posted by: Strongfort.2451

Strongfort.2451

madmilitia, I was referring to being in the Heart of the Mists – this is the sPvP staging area where everyone is 80 with full exotic gear. When I do a power+crit setup I end up with ~2300+ power and ~40 extra crit damage. Even with that I can’t get my rapid fire to total 8K on the heavy target golems. Perhaps it’s due to their extra armor – I don’t even bother testing numbers on the smaller golems.

how hard do you hit

in Ranger

Posted by: Rivvin.7092

Rivvin.7092

WIth full berserkers gear my ranger routinely hits for 3.5 – 4k on autoattack with longbow. 8k is pure made up BS.

That’s pretty much it.

how hard do you hit

in Ranger

madmilitia.3415

thanks rivvin that’s what i was looking for so i’m solid then with my 3.5 – 4k crits.