how you imagine the druid spec

in Ranger

Posted by: BadSanta.6527

BadSanta.6527

for me ihope he will be able to transform with some pary buffs and diffrant playstyle then we use to play yours?

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Warrior has King or Fires

Ranger gets King of Cripples
Increase the duration of Cripple you apply. Critical hits apply Cripple to nearby foes.
2s Cripple
240 radius
+100% cripple duration
(2s cooldown)

in Ranger

Posted by: Brienson.7319

Brienson.7319

i hope my bear gets a wizard hat and casts spells when i cast spells

if im magic so is my bear

dragonbrand—

in Ranger

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

I’m hoping for Glyphs as our utility. They could provide the greatest variety in skills that change function based on the family of pet you currently have equipped. The function of Glyphs change based on your pet could give the specialization allot of utility and versatility in battle as well as provide incentive to use less popular animal families which could increase the variety in ranger play.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

Somehow I am picturing the utility skills being relabel spirits, kind of like warriors got remade physical skills remade as Rage skills.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

RE:
viable.
Nothing more and nothing less.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Thz.7569

Thz.7569

At this point, I don’t care much for support or cc because there is PLENTY of that. I want dps high enough that we are always wanted.

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Mossman. I hope Druid is like mossman with invisibility, teleport, and vines that can block paths. I would love to be able to drop trip wires and bear traps as well. LoL, the QQ would be a sweet chorus!

I hope we get a skill to swap places with pet, as well. F5. Please ANet!!

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in Ranger

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

Mossman. I hope Druid is like mossman with invisibility, teleport, and vines that can block paths. I would love to be able to drop trip wires and bear traps as well. LoL, the QQ would be a sweet chorus!

I hope we get a skill to swap places with pet, as well. F5. Please ANet!!

Switching places with the pet could open up some really cool opportunities, yeah. So long as it’s not a boring Shadowstep like Necromancer’s Flesh Wurm switch, anyway. If only we could have the old get-up-on-walls Guard, back, too. Imagine the possibilities. >: ) …Granted, exploit-y overpowered possibilities that would be rightfully nerfed, but IMAGINE ANYWAY. It’d be so fuuun.

Our Spike Traps could be like Mossman’s tripwires if we could just set more than one at a time! Would love a trapper playstyle that lets you really deck out an area to be YOUR turf. Though I imagine most people would just put every available trap onto whatever point they want to guard rather than setting up a wide expanse to be a danger zone. X)

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Ranger

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

I can’t help but think that…

Attachments:

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

in Ranger

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

Staff mid range ~450-600 autoattack chain with focus on vines, thorns, sunbeam maybe and earth. Some blinds, cripples and knockdowns possibly immobilizes. Definitely some regeneration for support part + spec specific aoe regen that heals additionally to regeneration.

I suppose Druid gets cantrips from ele?

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

…I suppose Druid gets cantrips from ele?

It will be Glyphs.

in Ranger

Posted by: Maximum Potato.5923

Maximum Potato.5923

Here’s what I’d LIKE to get.
Trait: Pack Mentality – Any boon your pet gets is shared with your party.
Trait: 2 Halves of the same Heart: Cast ‘Protect Me!’ when your health falls below 25%.
Trait: Knowledge of the Ancients: A portion of your pet’s primary attribute (precision for cats, toughness for wolves, vitality for bears, power for birds) is transferred to you (10%).
Staff: Loadsa damage.
Glyphs: Skills that change depending on what pet we have equipped (EG, healing glyph with bear grants protection, weakens enemy on next attack with wolf, grants heal on hit with cat, etc.)

Let’s be fair though, that…isn’t gonna happen, especially the trait. That’s basically Phalanx Strength+8s Quickness+Fury all the time. Staff is possible, but I definitely think we’ll be seeing more CC and movement control on it (Immobilising vines, walls of vines blocking off enemies, knockups as trees sprout beneath our enemies, and so on.) I think the glyphs thing is certainly possible though, since Glyphs, currently unique to the ele, change in effect based on attunement, and nothing about the ranger really changes in combat except our pets.

Who’s a good boy? Not you, since you aggro’d the BLOODY CHAMP-

(edited by Maximum Potato.5923)

in Ranger

Posted by: redcomyn.4651

redcomyn.4651

I would love to see the druid shapeshifting, but the chances of that is non-existent.
Oh, well! I can dream.

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

If it’s a support/buff trait line, it better be OP buffs:

Attachments:

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotchaz.7865

Gotchaz.7865

Yeah Getafix the druid!! LOve the sig pic cafard

Beowulf-Defender of the JQ Realm and Warrior of the SF clan.

in Ranger

Posted by: Jephiroth.3197

Jephiroth.3197

I’m imagining the Druid will be like a 3 attunement Elementalist. Each “aspect” will change the abilities of the Glyphs you get. The Bear rotation will be your low damage/high mitigation/healing abilities. The Wolf aspect will be medium damage/control abilities. The Bird aspect will be High damage/speed/condition abilities.

The Staff will be a generic close to mid range weapon with some nature inspired abilities like Swoop, Maul, Viper’s Bite, Hornet’s Sting, etc. I imagine an Earthquake/slam ability for knockdown, a cripple ability, and MAYBE a multi hit ability. We’ve already seen the viny/mid range ability that likely snare/cripples. If they don’t change it completely. (like all of the spear stuff we’ve seen in the videos).

I’m guessing the traits will be geared toward each “aspect” to buff them up also.

I’m secretly hoping it turns out great! I love playing Ranger and have always played druid-like characters revolving around nature abilities. I have been locked into Guardian and Warrior because they are more efficient at what they do. I would like a reason to play Druid and not just jump to Revenant like I feel like I’m going to do.

Traumahawk: WvW Shout/Seed Sinister Druid
Ashen Mistwalker: WvW Tank/Crit Revenant
Oaken Earthlore: WvW Medi/Bunker Guardian

(edited by Jephiroth.3197)

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Ah, my first introduction to the word Druid was on a Commodore 64:

Druid

Seems like Elementalist stole all our skills, including our Golem. Maybe we can have a flesh Golem? In all honesty, Ranger is more like the evil druid in this game…summoning spiders and such to do his bidding.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in Ranger

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

bad. Won’t fix ranger problems.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bindaeyen.9613

Bindaeyen.9613

What I WANT:

A staff which is well balanced to provide both support and damage. Glyphs or can trip-like utilities, or perhaps a bunch of minion-spirit hybrids that have actual gameplay strategy aside from ‘set and forget’(maybe interacting with each other and providing unique benefits for different combinations?). Basically, interesting and different utilities that really emphasize either the ‘magical’ side of the druid theme, or an enhanced sense of summoning and communing with spirits. For the profession mechanic I’d love to see an f5 which allows us to access a new set of skills based upon our current pet, styled as a shapeshift or a body swap or calling upon a specific spirit.

What I EXPECT:

A staff which is too support oriented to be useful to anyone who wants to do something else with it, but which is tuned down anyway in fear of it becoming ‘the’ support spec. A minor addition to the class mechanic, probably something like an f5 skill that’s supposed to be special and powerful compared to f2 but often falls short, and lame spirit skills that are called something slightly different but offer little in the way of utility variety except to replace the niche that we lost with the spirits nerf.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

How I imagine the druid?…

Well to be honest it’s a kinda hard question. I think the Druid will be define by how it will handle the ranger’s core mechanism. This obviously leave us with a lot of different possibilities :

1- F2 changes
Since ther is no more trait that work depending on the pet’s specie, it’s kinda safe to imagine that an Espec may change the fonctionnality of the F2 skill. This new skill could depend on :
- trait choice (I’ve already suggested a spec that’s inspired of the daredevil model)
- Pet’s specie (because why not grant to the druid a specific skill for each specie at the cost of a bit of controle over the only utility he can controle on a pet. It seem fair)

2- F4 change
Here it’s a bit tricky because traits still specifically say “on pet swap” so it’s unlikely that anything come out of a change on the pet swap.
Still, we can imagine a kind of “Shroud” mechanism for the pet at the cost of pet’s variety. You could then swap the attunment of the pet from flesh attunment to spirit attunment… well… let’s leave this kinda bad idea where they are…

3- introduction of an F5
I do not like the idea of an F5 mechanism, simply because it does not fit with existing traits. It would only be an artificially adapted raw addition to the ranger. I think the result would be pretty poor. On the other hand, this kind of addition open an unlimited number of possibilities (You could even make potion like panoramix!)

4- A change on pet’s access
I think this would be my favourite possibility. Losing the average pet we got to have access to a full new pet list specific to the druid/elite spec and with global effect that fit this elite spec. We could imagine that the druid have access to :
- a spirit version of each current specie (F2 skill being a brand new one with a kind of specific effect that would have the follow a patern defining the druid)
- Brand new pet each being link to an aspect of nature. (be it season, elemental or light/dark)

All of these are how I can imagine the druid at this point. There are countless possibilities and most likely some that I can’t even grasp at the moment. But honnestly I’d like to bet on the new pet list specific to the druid. These pets would probably be some moving buffing machine that would replace the lost unbound spirits with, obviously different effect and an easy balance since you can have only one pet at a time.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bryzy.2719

Bryzy.2719

Warrior has King or Fires

Ranger gets King of Cripples
Increase the duration of Cripple you apply. Critical hits apply Cripple to nearby foes.
2s Cripple
240 radius
+100% cripple duration
(2s cooldown)

I know I shouldn’t read it like this… but yeah King of the Cripples pretty much sums up the Ranger profession LOL

in Ranger

Posted by: Nier.8741

Nier.8741

Something that takes skill.. oh wait.