immobilize nerf and entangle

in Ranger

Posted by: Coarr.3286

Coarr.3286

We’ll be reducing the maximum amount of immobilize stacks in the near future.

/goesbacktolurkingWvWforums

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/20-second-immobilize-movie/page/3

will entangle be affected? what do you think?

[care] Coarr Ix – Ranger
Kodash
Stomp some Piken!

in Ranger

Posted by: urdriel.8496

urdriel.8496

You can break entangle(btw, vines need more hp…).

in Ranger

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

Entangle pulses 1 second of immobilize per second and stops when the vines expire. Entangle doesn’t stack immobilize at all, however combined with another immobilize, be it muddy terrain or spider f2’s etc it will stack and become irremovable for the duration of the first immobilize. It wont affect our elite but our combined abilities, I fought a terribad warrior today and I kept him on the same spot for 20 seconds.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

in Ranger

Coarr.3286

i run with 40% condition duration, so entangle will stack 1,4sec imobilize every 1 sec. if arena puts a limit of max stacks at around 5x that will make → 5*1,4=7sec. entangle will lose a lot of its effectivity

[care] Coarr Ix – Ranger
Kodash
Stomp some Piken!

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

If the opposition’s dumb enough to stay in the roots for 7s, you probably didn’t need to pop an elite to win the fight…

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in Ranger

Coarr.3286

If the opposition’s dumb enough to stay in the roots for 7s, you probably didn’t need to pop an elite to win the fight…

they have no other option when all their stunn breaker and condition removals are on cd

[care] Coarr Ix – Ranger
Kodash
Stomp some Piken!

in Ranger

cafard.8953

Even then. Does it change anything? Considering you apply 1.4s every 1s, as long as immob stacks up to twice, you’re in perma-immobilize mode. Only thing that changes is the final immobilize time left once the roots stop pulsing, but that means you had 20s free reign already…

Olaf Oakmane [KA]

in Ranger

urdriel.8496

they have no other option when all their stunn breaker and condition removals are on cd

press 1 until vines break……

in Ranger

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Entangle wasn’t used in that video; so in other word, it would be ridiculous if Arena.net decide to punish us too.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

in Ranger

Posted by: Krugan.7901

Krugan.7901

On paper, yes, in practice, no. No one is going to stay in the vines for the full duration; they will die before or break the vines. This is more a nerf to thieves.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wayfinder.8452

Wayfinder.8452

Entangle is probably the skill that will be hit the least from this nerf, since even in PvE most targets would just AoE their way out of it. There is no point discussing this skill when fighting human opponents..

The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army
more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger.
Become who you were born to be. I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

As great of a suggestion as that is… If you aren’t using a Melee weapon you’re not even going to be able to hurt the roots…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

urdriel.8496

As great of a suggestion as that is… If you aren’t using a Melee weapon you’re not even going to be able to hurt the roots…

change to a melee weapon???use a teleport/aoe attack/roll…

if you know how to deal with it, entangle is a bad elite,

in Ranger

Posted by: danofzi.4870

danofzi.4870

It is glad to see that the coming nerf of immobilize, It is too OP for some class with only long cooldown condition removal ability like ranger.

Dragonbrand Guild NNK
Ranger

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

If you were an intelligent player you would catch them while their teleport/condi cleanse is on CD and after they weapon swap to ranged… Not to mention you can’t roll while immobilized….

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

The application of immob per pulse isn’t high enough to really stack duration much unless you go balls to the wall with condition extenders.

This will actually be good for us overall with so few on demand cleanses since they refuse to treat immob like a stun for the purpose of stunbreakers.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Posted by: Phoenixfudge.5290

Phoenixfudge.5290

If anything, entangle needs a buff.

Anyone with half a brain can render this supposedly elite skill useless….Then again Rampage as One can be rendered useless by a mere boon steal or corruption….

Oh Ranger, do you get any breaks?

Oh well, you’ll always be my go to class for general pve. Love me pets!

in Ranger

Posted by: Piedplat.3597

Piedplat.3597

entangle can be broken with a single stealth. The vine cant see the target so he release the target.

ohhhhh wow a vine… need to see… oh wow…
So who care if they nerf entangle, entangle is broken since day 1
True story

/Piedplat Ranger80/Palissade Guardian80/Mystyphika Mesmer80/ ArmataTenebrae[AT] BG
http://www.armata.ca/

in Ranger

Posted by: Gorwald.6170

Gorwald.6170

Muddy terrain (3 skills points 25 sec timer) > entangle (10 skills point 150 sec timer elite slot)

Enough said

Karpal – Augury rock (French server)
Ranger 80 – Warrior 80 – Mesmer 80 – Necromancer 80 – Guardian 80

in Ranger

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

ranger dont have any good cc. thats all

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in Ranger

urdriel.8496

If you were an intelligent player you would catch them while their teleport/condi cleanse is on CD and after they weapon swap to ranged… Not to mention you can’t roll while immobilized….

dude, you CAN roll with entangle, you have videos of people walking out from entangle, and if you use stealth entangle dissapear,a warrior can destroy entangle with bow#3 and a ranger with longbow#5, ofc, you can kill noobs with this supermegaElite.

(edited by urdriel.8496)

in Ranger

Posted by: Paz Shadow.9715

Paz Shadow.9715

Entangle is a great skill to have with the zerg, along with muddy terrain it can mess up the routine of the other zerg and you will hopefully snag a few people in the process. I think areas like that, and with small groups of five on five skrimishes, is where the skill shines. With 1v1 imo it is not a good elite skill to have.

Green Eye of Grenth | PR Officer | JQ

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

dude, you CAN roll with entangle, you have videos of people walking out from entangle, and if you use stealth entangle dissapear,a warrior can destroy entangle with bow#3 and a ranger with longbow#5, ofc, you can kill noobs with this supermegaElite.

You can not roll while immobilized, and I tend to drop a muddy terrain ontop of people while the entangle is up to ensure they’re never escaping my roots by walking out, and it gives a cover condition….

You can kill noobs without even popping an ulti, just because you have no idea when to use entangle doesn’t mean it’s a bad elite, it still forces CDs or at least lasts as a ~3s immobilize.

in Ranger

cafard.8953

You can not roll while immobilized, and I tend to drop a muddy terrain ontop of people while the entangle is up to ensure they’re never escaping my roots by walking out, and it gives a cover condition….

You can kill noobs without even popping an ulti, just because you have no idea when to use entangle doesn’t mean it’s a bad elite, it still forces CDs or at least lasts as a ~3s immobilize.

Plenty of people seem to indeed. When an elite skill pretty much requires an additional utility slot to do its job, it says a lot about the skill itself imho.

Entangle isn’t a bad skill, but i don’t think it’s quite up there with what an elite slot should provide.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]

in Ranger

urdriel.8496

OMG; you use elite+normal muddy terrain to make the elite effective, and you claim that entangle is a good elite….btw stealth “break” entangle.

entangle should be an elite trap, with less cd, but 150 sec( no traited) is a joke…..

(edited by urdriel.8496)

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

I my self have dodge rolled out of entangle a few times. I’m not sure if it’s a bug with the skill or some weird thing with how the vine mobs work but it is very much possible if you time it right.

I usually just get dumb lucky but it does happen.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I hope it won’t really affect Spiders+Muddy Terrain. Keeping someone at bay for 12 seconds is always helpful

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144