is this dmg legit

is this dmg legit

in Ranger

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

so just gonna leave it here and let u check it, the ranger isnt using a legendary nor ascended bow unless transmuted just saying

he basically 2 hits me w auto atk

Attachments:

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

is this dmg legit

in Ranger

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

I’ve hit people harder than that with auto attack so yes it’s legit. I’ve also done with 0 might stacks.

You see, rangers have extremely high dps if you traited and geared properly; however with this new impending change to crit, not so much anymore.

is this dmg legit

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Wait, are you naked? I’m surprise he didn’t 1-shot you.

is this dmg legit

in Ranger

Wyrden.4713

thats insane rofl, he basically 2 hits me in full cavalier trinkets

gear is broken

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

is this dmg legit

in Ranger

Wyrden.4713

full cavalier ascended trinket^

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

is this dmg legit

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

But all your armor is broken. So that type of damage is totally reasonable. You typically hit mesmers for like 5k when they ARE wearing armor.

is this dmg legit

in Ranger

Wyrden.4713

i do know that ranger needs a buff but the longbow only needs a nerf if every experiencedly traited ranger has such dmg, leads to mindless auto atk spamming

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

is this dmg legit

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

But… you’re not wearing armor… A berserker warrior would have hit you with a killshot for like 45k.

is this dmg legit

in Ranger

Wyrden.4713

^ considering if he hits me for that in full cavalier trinkets means the ranger basically 1 shot glassy thief? w auto atk.

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

is this dmg legit

in Ranger

Wyrden.4713

and u also gotta think about the fact that the killshot of a war needs long cast time

i am not defending wars, just pointing it out

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

is this dmg legit

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

No, it takes ~2 autoattacks landed at max range and then a rapid fire to kill a glass thief (just assuming he’s stealthed at this point, and RF tracks stealthed targets.)

That’s assuming the thief doesn’t heal or kill you with a backstab. Glass vs glass is over very quickly for either party.

It’s interesting, in one thread I’m telling someone glass rangers can beat thieves and he thinks it’s impossible, in this thread I’m telling you thieves can beat rangers.

is this dmg legit

in Ranger

Posted by: Dave Pare.2069

Dave Pare.2069

i do know that ranger needs a buff but the longbow only needs a nerf if every experiencedly traited ranger has such dmg, leads to mindless auto atk spamming

Consider you can do such damage only at 1200+ range and in order to do that you must be a full berserk, I mean totally, with traits too; that means you will 2 shot him too.

is this dmg legit

in Ranger

Wyrden.4713

Consider you can do such damage only at 1200+ range and in order to do that you must be a full berserk, I mean totally, with traits too; that means you will 2 shot him too.

tried killing him, he used the sigil wich doesnt let me dmg him

he just stealthed, went away, climbed some high spot

and atked >.<

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

is this dmg legit

in Ranger

Posted by: elprimo.4398

elprimo.4398

Pretty legit. If you are naked. I would like to see what a Double or Triple chop do to you.

is this dmg legit

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Pretty legit. If you are naked. I would like to see what a Double or Triple chop do to you.

or a Norn Bearform

Gotta love Norn Bearform signet setup

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

is this dmg legit

in Ranger

Posted by: Dave Pare.2069

Dave Pare.2069

tried killing him, he used the sigil wich doesnt let me dmg him

he just stealthed, went away, climbed some high spot

and atked >.<

I understand, that is pretty annoying. But from a Ranger view: if you have the chance to lower the distance between you and him, a Ranger almost doesn’t stand a chance, even against a naked mesmer if you can play the class well enough!

is this dmg legit

in Ranger

Posted by: Noobie.1073

Noobie.1073

…honestly I’ve never seen auto attacks hit for 8k-9k but you were wearing broken armor so essentially you’re naked. A fully traited Power build with max range could theoretically hit you for that, kinda makes me wonder what a backstab or zerker phatasm would do to you.

I Cha Cha I – Mediocre Ranger at best
Mao Xiong – Worst Warrior GW2

is this dmg legit

in Ranger

Posted by: Omnitek.3876

Omnitek.3876

My necro life blast hits for 9k on naked people.

Be glad he didn’t get a GS and press 2 in melee range.

A L T S
Skritt Happens

is this dmg legit

in Ranger

Posted by: Husanak.3769

Husanak.3769

The longbow auto is powerful sure if he is keeping you at 1500 range. The closer you get to him the more suck that auto gets. Next time stealth up and get in close and perhaps put some cloths on.

Also if he is setup right and hit a longbow 3 on you first you likely had a nice stack of vulnerability on you.

is this dmg legit

in Ranger

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Wyrden.4713 your Trolling is Legit.
No armor, god knows how mutch dmg boost on ranger…

1. When do we have the favot of people buffing us? Hah never, just by mistake of AOE when they can’t control it.
  2. Legit dmg, okay. Dude must have no survivality, so hes a 1-2 shot loot too. GlassCannon, but still not as Cannon as Glass.
Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

is this dmg legit

in Ranger

Posted by: Raiff.6742

Raiff.6742

It’s legit. Too Legit in fact. Too legit to……quit?

is this dmg legit

in Ranger

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

This thread is insane lol thanks for the laugh

LB OP Nerf it NOW !

is this dmg legit

in Ranger

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

LB so OP.

Attachments:

is this dmg legit

in Ranger

Posted by: Shirk.6421

Shirk.6421

It’s funny how every other class would hit for at least the double in this scenario, lol.

is this dmg legit

in Ranger

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

It’s not the case of Longbow. LB itself is crap as kitten. It’s a matter of him wearing full zerk with buffs, using almost all Utility Bar for 1-2 shots. PoS would hit you harder, Maul would hit way harder..

Tbh, any other class with 1/2 of those used cooldowns would hit you waaaay harder with a stick. Your iZerker would be probably like 13-16k damage

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

is this dmg legit

in Ranger

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

WvW is not meant to be balance, not with all the buffs you can get ( guard leech, bloodlust, fruits and vegetables) it makes it extremely hard if not impossible to balance with out hurting any class elsewhere, and they have shown they don’t really like splitting between WvW from PvE.

is this dmg legit

in Ranger

Posted by: urdriel.8496

urdriel.8496

I can hit rabbits for 1kk+ with GS #2, NERF RANGER¡¡¡¡

is this dmg legit

in Ranger

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Get some armor man….

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

is this dmg legit

in Ranger

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

Don’t feed the trolls, people

is this dmg legit

in Ranger

Wyrden.4713

well we actually were up 3 man vs 15+, and only way was to troll by going to knockoff spot right corner of obsidian sanctum, so we were killing ppl but dieing as well, since we didnt take stab due to it ruining to fun (the guard didnt, ofc mesmer doesnt have stability, the 2 sec stabulity mantra is nothing)

and repairing gears was kinda pointless since we were just dieing frequently

but then that ranger just went up to the spot where u usually get the stealth, but was like longbowing, and there wasnt anything we could do, we tried going there but by the time we got there he was just spamming auto atk us to death >.<

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

is this dmg legit

in Ranger

Posted by: lordsith.8519

lordsith.8519

No offense, but you got what you deserved. You are running around in no armor and basically no defenses. A yak could wipe out your party.

is this dmg legit

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

^ considering if he hits me for that in full cavalier trinkets means the ranger basically 1 shot glassy thief? w auto atk.

No he doesn’t even see the thief and the build he needs to do alot of power damage means the thief will backstab him for 890000damage, also you are naked…

is this dmg legit

in Ranger

Wyrden.4713

i rly do start to think that ranger forums r 50% full of people (if not more) who cant do anything but to troll

ofc there have been few helpful answers here , plenty even, stated the above facts after reading through few posts in ranger forums

anyway ty for the plenty informations

to the guy who was like : "o no someone calls for a ranger nerf he must be an idiot "

was talking about a nerf of a nerf around 5% of longbow AA if 1200+ range.

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

is this dmg legit

in Ranger

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

i rly do start to think that ranger forums r 50% full of people (if not more) who cant do anything but to troll

ofc there have been few helpful answers here , plenty even, stated the above facts after reading through few posts in ranger forums

anyway ty for the plenty informations

to the guy who was like : "o no someone calls for a ranger nerf he must be an idiot "

was talking about a nerf of a nerf around 5% of longbow AA if 1200+ range.

Lol… people are trolling because they think you are on of them(troll)…

When at +1200 range from a LB ranger just :

1) Zigzag to him, you will miss 70/80% of the arrows
2) use block skills/utilities such has offhand sword 4

is this dmg legit

in Ranger

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

Naked /untraited ranger LB AA =
212 @ 0-500
265 @ 500-1000
317 @ 1000-1200
this is per second (because of after cast)
(see : http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vMAQFADAA-w for numbers used)

Naked / untraited GS mesmer (closest for comparison)
(couldn’t find after cast value, took it at 0.5 sec, so 2 sec per AA)
201 (3x) @ 0-300
249 (3x) @ 300-600
300 (3x) @ 600-900
348 (3x) @ 900-1200
(see: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vgAQFABAA for numbers used)

So, per two seconds,
Range ……………………..Ranger…………..Mesmer
0-300 ………………………..414……………………..603
300-500……………………414……………………..747
500-600…………………..530………………………747
600-900…………………..530………………………900
900-1000…………………530…………………..1044
1000-1200……………..634…………………….1044

Yep, according to these numbers, Mesmer’s GS is really overpowered….
I agree, we should totally nerf it!

is this dmg legit

in Ranger

urdriel.8496

If a LB ranger can kill you ONLY with autoattack is a L2P issue………

is this dmg legit

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Naked /untraited ranger LB AA =
212 @ 0-500
265 @ 500-1000
317 @ 1000-1200
this is per second (because of after cast)
(see : http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vMAQFADAA-w for numbers used)

Naked / untraited GS mesmer (closest for comparison)
(couldn’t find after cast value, took it at 0.5 sec, so 2 sec per AA)
201 (3x) @ 0-300
249 (3x) @ 300-600
300 (3x) @ 600-900
348 (3x) @ 900-1200
(see: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vgAQFABAA for numbers used)

So, per two seconds,
Range ……………………..Ranger…………..Mesmer
0-300 ………………………..414……………………..603
300-500……………………414……………………..747
500-600…………………..530………………………747
600-900…………………..530………………………900
900-1000…………………530…………………..1044
1000-1200……………..634…………………….1044

Yep, according to these numbers, Mesmer’s GS is really overpowered….
I agree, we should totally nerf it!

To be fair, a Mesmer doesn’t have 2 stacking damage multipliers

Not that I think the picture is OP. We know it happens exactly once every min due to signet cooldown. Every other crit is in the 2k range.

is this dmg legit

in Ranger

Wyrden.4713

another one of those totally unnecessary comments

if u would bother reading the comments through i said that we had a friggin zerg on us while the ranger was shooting at us. i made this post coz i couldnt believe a ranger was dealing 10 k dmg w AA

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

is this dmg legit

in Ranger

Jocksy.3415

snip
i made this post coz i couldnt believe a ranger was dealing 10 k dmg w AA

no, you made this post for :

Just run the PU mesmer cheese build that locks it’s target into place, taking half of it’s life in one burst and that can place it every 15-20 seconds or so…
rangers have one burst build… evre somewhat 60 seconds… that is not half as strong as mesmers burst…

Not that I think the picture is OP. We know it happens exactly once every min due to signet cooldown. Every other crit is in the 2k range.

And to be fair, not every rangers run boring signet builds… that costs us 2 utilities that we could otherwise use for survivability, while mesmers bursts can be really high, on a pretty low CD… and at the cost of no utilities…

is this dmg legit

in Ranger

Wyrden.4713

snip

Just run the PU mesmer cheese build that locks it’s target into place, taking half of it’s life in one burst and that can place it every 15-20 seconds or so…
rangers have one burst build… evre somewhat 60 seconds… that is not half as strong as mesmers burst…

And to be fair, not every rangers run boring signet builds… that costs us 2 utilities that we could otherwise use for survivability, while mesmers bursts can be really high, on a pretty low CD… and at the cost of no utilities…

not everyone likes running pu either, believe it or not there r still some shatter mesmers around.

and r u serious w saying i made the post about that? if u pls not leave out the part in wich i said only a 5% nerf in 1200+ range. if u cant see i stated that after some ppl said they hit harder.

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

(edited by Wyrden.4713)

is this dmg legit

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Oh absolutely, and without those 2 signets and a 30pt trait, you’re not going to hit those numbers. Not without a lot of outside assistance anyway.

is this dmg legit

in Ranger

Jocksy.3415

snip

not everyone likes running pu either, believe it or not there r still some shatter mesmers around.

and r u serious w saying i made the post about that? if u pls not leave out the part in wich i said only a 5% nerf in 1200+ range. if u cant see i stated that after some ppl said they hit harder.

And I showed you some numbers about why it does not make sense to nerf it, since basic damages on similar weapons, mesmer is higher.
Plus Mesmer do not have projectile speed getting in the way of GS long range DPS. It fires, and the target cannot just sidestep to avoid it… while, at max range, it is really easy to sidestep ranger LB…
I’d love to see someone sidestepping your GS AA that, as base damage, and at all range, does more damage than our AA…

So, before ranger longbow gets nerfed, I’d expect your GS to do no more damage than our LB…
Oh, I know, we have a pet… but you have phantasms and clones… and both are as reliable source of damage… I’d even argues that, in smaller settings, (until pet get fixed) the phantasm are more reliable than the pet (Just have to climb on something for the pet to never reach you, wile mesmers still have the ability to throw phantasm and clones at perched ennemies).

A mesmer that complains about the ranger’s DPS… Feels like a cat complaining about the mice…

is this dmg legit

in Ranger

Jocksy.3415

Oh absolutely, and without those 2 signets and a 30pt trait, you’re not going to hit those numbers. Not without a lot of outside assistance anyway.

That was part of what I meant

Our burst is pretty small, compared to other classes.
It’s on a high CD, and cannot work if we do not have the one trait to make it work…

Wyrden asks a nerf to LB, arguing it does too much damage, while it’s class damage for the same kind of weapon is higher than our.

The signets you mention, that is pretty much all that can really give some damage, are on a consequent CD, and most rangers would hardly pop then on LB – Keep them for GS stun (pop signets) maul / counter-attack, which ends up doing pretty much more than (pop signets) + LB AA…

I’ll go out naked with my rangers, let myself be hit, an come complain on forums that x class is op because it hit me for (that much) in (that much time), so it needs a be nerfed…

Doesn’t make much sense…

is this dmg legit

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

It’s on a high CD, and cannot work if we do not have the one trait to make it work…

Wyrden asks a nerf to LB, arguing it does too much damage, while it’s class damage for the same kind of weapon is higher than our.

The signets you mention, that is pretty much all that can really give some damage, are on a consequent CD, and most rangers would hardly pop then on LB – Keep them for GS stun (pop signets) maul / counter-attack, which ends up doing pretty much more than (pop signets) + LB AA…

I’ll go out naked with my rangers, let myself be hit, an come complain on forums that x class is op because it hit me for (that much) in (that much time), so it needs a be nerfed…

Doesn’t make much sense…

people do that with thieves all the time so why not with a ranger?

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

is this dmg legit

in Ranger

Jocksy.3415

Doesn’t make much sense…

people do that with thieves all the time so why not with a ranger?

People complain about that from thieves, because the “that much damage” is when they are fully geared

(Edit: On a side note, I am not complaining about other classes, in most settings… I learn how to counter them… I win most of my fights against med-level PU mesmers, while they used to all eat me in two bursts. I don’t always win against thieves, but I get better, I’d say I have a 75% win ratio, hambow warrior still pose me some problems (maybe a 25%win ratio), as does most condies engies and necros builds…
But, I don’t complain that they are OP, I just go on the field and fight them until I find the workaround…

(edited by Jocksy.3415)

is this dmg legit

in Ranger

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

This is what he probably did. He ran 3 signets, 1 for invulnerability, 1 for stability and 25% damage increase and one for +50% damage on next hit. This latter applies a buff of 16 minutes. Activated signets that give 3 stacks of might, and all zerker gear with probably +30 points into power and Crit chance/damage. He activated 2 signets and hit you hard with auto attack, and activated 3rd signet and hit you again really hard. If you would have distortion or block he deals zero damage to you, he wastes his signets, and is totally defenseless (like the rabbit that got hit for 1kk with maul). Hope this helps. This build is like the signet backstab build on thief… only much worse.

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

is this dmg legit

in Ranger

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

Also, apart from Maul and Path of scars pretty much all auto attacks on ranger weapon are the best DPS you can get. Don’t blame ranger for killing you with auto attack, blame the developers.

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

is this dmg legit

in Ranger

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

Quality thread, lol.

is this dmg legit

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

(I just know someone’s going to comment saying that everything in this post is untrue, especially the numbers)

those high longbow attacks are nice and all, but you can get a much more sustained Longbow Damage output by taking advantage of non-signet damage multipliers we have. For example take this trait setup :

Make sure to take Steady Focus(10%) and Eagle Eye(5%) (or spotter for more consistent crits)

Theres also Peak Strength(10%) and Hunter’s Tactics (10%)

That is a 35% damage boost. If you take runes that offer a damage bonus (Ranger (5%), Scholar(10%), etc.), and a Sigil of Force(5%) or Sigil of the Night(10%), you can bring your overall damage bonus to 45-55%. (someone was saying awhile ago that all the bonuses are applied individually, and before crit damage is applied, so the actual damage bonus could be much higher…THIS is how Rangers deal damage. That Burst everyone talks about is an awesome 1 trick pony, but, its used only once.)

While that is lower than the burst that Signet of the Hunt gives you, it is overall more sustained than what Signet of the Wild does. And when the changes come on April 15th, I will be getting rid of the Wilderness Survival stuff for full Marksmanship and Skirmishing. It will drop my damage by 5-10% overall, but because Read the Wind makes arrows move twice as fast, I wont even miss it becuse my longbow attacks will hit more often.

(and now I wait for a random person to come in here and tell me that even with all those damage multipliers, Rangers still suck!)

is this dmg legit

in Ranger

urdriel.8496

another one of those totally unnecessary comments

if u would bother reading the comments through i said that we had a friggin zerg on us while the ranger was shooting at us. i made this post coz i couldnt believe a ranger was dealing 10 k dmg w AA

To be able to hit you always for 8k+ you should be wearing lvl 1 gear…….