lack of signature features

in Ranger

Posted by: Azrhyel.3942

Azrhyel.3942

Before i come to my specific point:

Arenanet, fix the ranger, fix the longbow! All rangers want bows and actually hit with it. Do it now – no more idling about it – just do it.

The ranger has no signature feature. He can trait range but that doesnt work (misses). He cant hide, hes not the fastest, has no ports, he is the worst dps, has no prominent support skills… the list goes on. I see nothing prominent in the ranger. The only reason i play it for is the concept which in fact is just a dream generated by the tradition of this archetypical class.

Ask your self: Is there any more substantial reason to play the ranger? Any signature features?

The ranger is about bows. Last patch you promised to fix the ranger. But the only thing the devs didnt even touch was the completely broken bow performance. I dont care about the sword and spear stuff. The ranger is about hunting: bows, knives and swift feet. But actually all of that is broken.

In a film you would laugh about a character that performs like the gw2-ranger: Five people running through the wilds. Three of them heavy armed soldiers and two in leather. One of them barely keeps up with his platemailed colleagues. Then they stop and hide behind a rock spying on an enemies camp. The fast man in leather turns into dust and disappears ghosting several enemies seconds after. Then the archetypical archer appears on-screen… and misses in like 6 of 10 scenes, actually killing no one. Between every of this scenes you see one of the other soldiers randomly picking up ranged weapons from the ground – blowing up stuff, hitting with every shot making things burn and explode. Then the camera focusses back on the Archer…

You would seriously think: What a wuss!
And thats exactly how playing ranger feels…

Arenanet, fix the ranger, fix the longbow! All rangers want bows and actually hit with it. Do it now – no more idling about it – just do it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Psychrome.9281

Psychrome.9281

i personally hate the bows and wish i could go pure melee with my ranger, but the lack of the range weapon means i give up alot of damage if a target starts blinking or shadow stepping away or if the target is on a ledge above me i have to go find the way up and by the time i get to where he was hes gone or moved easily to where i was. so when you say ALL RANGERS want bows i happen to be a ranger and id rather not have a bow.

in Ranger

Posted by: Psychrome.9281

Psychrome.9281

i do agree that long bow needs a fix