leaked/unconfirmed Trait changes.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

TBH the 900 range on shortbow isnt bad, you’re not even past 700-800 in most fights, for someone who likes to skirmish/roam. now for PvE this could potentially be a problem?

In zergs it is.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

its a huge nerf when doing the role the shortbow is intended for , CHASING PEOPLE . you wont be able to chase down people anymore . Couple it with the massive leash nerf and we lost one of the main roles rangers have in WvW

in Ranger

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

its a huge nerf when doing the role the shortbow is intended for , CHASING PEOPLE . you wont be able to chase down people anymore . Couple it with the massive leash nerf and we lost one of the main roles rangers have in WvW

I do hope they wind up splitting some of these nerfs/changes between pvp/wvw/pve. A short leash is one of those changes that should be PvP only. Shortbow shouldn’t be changed either IMO.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

a few small postive notes, that could end up better:

- am I mistaken, or is my snow owl getting buffed? He doesn’t blind, and he doesn’t bleed, and his auto-attack gets stronger?
Very odd, in the line of pet nerfs.

- if the shout ‘guard’ remains unchanged, coupled with the new grandmaster trait, an adept trait and possibly even runes of the soldier… that could end up being an incredibly versatile utility for me, my pet and even my party.
30% boon duration and we’re talking permanent everything here: protection on pet, party swiftness and regen, and every 10 seconds my pet stealths and I might remove a stack of conditions.
I realise it’s a lot of traiting and such, but it’s not that you can’t come up with a bunker-supportbuild that includes those.

- axes got a bit better, a pull is always a fun thing to play with.
It does make ofhand axe a bit more versatile as a melee option as well.
Sword – axe, and a longbow won’t be all that uncommon.

Not saying this outweighs the other changes. I can’t judge the total picture yet.
Just picking out some small things I would like to play with.

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

in Ranger

Posted by: hyjaxxx.1584

hyjaxxx.1584

Im a bit confused. why are people saying Bunker builds were nerfed? just because of pet damage reductions?

In wvw i gave up on the Jaguar a while ago as it serves no purpose to the group you are in. IMHO utility is the name of the game. So ive been using River Drake for the Finisher they use, regardless if its in my HS or my BF it really adds a nice dynamic to the skirmish at hand.

for my second pet i run Wolf , for the fear,cripple,KD.

(got a lil long winded there, sorry) So whats the scoop? why are folks saying Bunkers are nerfed?

thanks a ton

Whoajaxx the Ranger
Re-Port331,331R,DD331,Re-portV
Currently looking for wvw guild@henge

in Ranger

Posted by: RageExpert.2453

RageExpert.2453

TBH the 900 range on shortbow isnt bad, you’re not even past 700-800 in most fights, for someone who likes to skirmish/roam. now for PvE this could potentially be a problem?

In zergs it is.

I like to roam and play in small groups, so i guess that is my opinion, i think zerging is terribad

in Ranger

Zenith.7301

In zergs it is.

I like to roam and play in small groups, so i guess that is my opinion, i think zerging is terribad

It’s terribad but it’s the only way to win and it’s the most lucrative way to play wvw. Each zerg fight I can easily get 25-35 bags on my necro or ele. I’d be lucky to get the same roaming.

Roaming also doesn’t give much in WXP.

in Ranger

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

In zergs it is.

It’s terribad but it’s the only way to win and it’s the most lucrative way to play wvw. Each zerg fight I can easily get 25-35 bags on my necro or ele. I’d be lucky to get the same roaming.

WXP and “loot” on an importance scale of 1 thru 10 is a -6 for me.

Fun fights >>>> Bags/WXP

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in Ranger

Zenith.7301

In zergs it is.

Fun fights >>>> Bags/WXP

Not everyone shares your interpretation of “fun”. Especially if that fun involves getting a certain skin that roaming won’t get you.

And with wxp you can get a stacking buff for an extra 2500 hp, so it’s not entirely useless for roaming.

in Ranger

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

In zergs it is.

Fun fights >>>> Bags/WXP

Not everyone shares your interpretation of “fun”. Especially if that fun involves getting a certain skin that roaming won’t get you.

..and that is my point. Not everyone shares your interpretation of fun or the “importance” of a certain skin…..and you call zerging terribad, yet still do it to get that valuable skin. I would rather do something fun than do something I don’t enjoy just to change the look of a weapon or armor. Sounds like a job to me

To each their own though I guess.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in Ranger

Zenith.7301

In zergs it is.

Fun fights >>>> Bags/WXP

..and that is my point. Not everyone shares your interpretation of fun or the “importance” of a certain skin…..and you call zerging terribad, yet still do it to get that valuable skin. I would rather do something fun than do something I don’t enjoy just to change the look of a weapon or armor. Sounds like a job to me

To each their own though I guess.

Appearance and its customization is pretty much why many people play an RPG.

I can just go play a fighter or some other action game if it wasn’t important to me, and it’d be a whole lot more balanced to boot.

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Im a bit confused. why are people saying Bunker builds were nerfed? just because of pet damage reductions?

In wvw i gave up on the Jaguar a while ago as it serves no purpose to the group you are in. IMHO utility is the name of the game. So ive been using River Drake for the Finisher they use, regardless if its in my HS or my BF it really adds a nice dynamic to the skirmish at hand.

for my second pet i run Wolf , for the fear,cripple,KD.

(got a lil long winded there, sorry) So whats the scoop? why are folks saying Bunkers are nerfed?

thanks a ton

The Jaguar is good for piling on as much damage as you can on a downed guy you can’t quite reach. As far as a pet best suited for zergs I’d say it’s a toss up between the jungle stalker’s aoe 5might and the red moa’s aoe fury. I’d probably go with the stalker just because it will be much more of a help if you get jumped by a roaming thief while trying to catch up to the zerg and it appears to be able to slide while using the roar so it doesn’t have to be completely stationary to fire it off.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Posted by: RageExpert.2453

RageExpert.2453

In zergs it is.

When I “roam” i take camps along the BL killing everyone we see along the way looking for good fights, when we fight groups 2x-3x our own group size, the badges/bags start to wrack up quickly, and the Wxp Adds up fast because we are constantly taking camps and killing people, and occasionally we will ninja a tower.

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

I wouldn’t necessarily call it a chasing weapon. It’s role seems much more of a control role, and it does have its best functions at mid to close range.
But look at it control wise;
-there’s an interrupt, with a stun potential with flanking, which can be used to stop a fleeing opponent, but has equal use in setting up a damaging combo from a pet/weapon swap/quickness burst/teammate.
-there’s a cripple, to use so an opponent can’t get out of range for you, but also to make it harder for a melee opponent to close in on you, and your pet bleeds on next attack for additional pressure
-there’s an evade, which is useful for kiting melee opponents and avoiding big damage, and the little quickness application can’t hurt
-there’s a poison fan, best used at close range, and can cover existing conditions and suppress healing, which is a huge control element
-lastly, the autoattack, which punishes opponents for poor positioning and for trying to run, which (imo) could be much better with not position requirement itself, but still isn’t the worst autoattack in the game (hi longbow, that’s aimed at you).

In all, I’m not saying you’re wrong, it is in fact a chasing weapon, it just sounded much too specific for me, because the options are much more skirmish, and therefore, control, oriented.

So control weapon, and sorry, I’m nitpicking, it’s just an opinion.
This thread is already heated for no reason, don’t kill me lol

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

Why is the new Shout Grandmaster trait in Nature Magic instead of Beastmaster? Trap traits in skirmishing all over again. They find an open slot in the traits and just stick it in there. Look Anet, you combine all the Master traits in BM together (coz the pets are nerfed, and these master traits were pretty much useless anyways) you will have a lot of room for new BM traits. Don’t go sticking new traits in trait bars in which they don’t belong. Please put an extra trait in NM for spirits that reduces proc cooldown, coz even with that patch, its not going to be viable.

in Ranger

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

I hate reading Ranger suggestions. None of it will happen anyways.
/hope
/thread

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |