leveling ranger

leveling ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Skyraven.1580

Skyraven.1580

hi i am leveling a ranger and i was wanting to know what pets i should be getting. I am playing on Northern Shiverpeaks.

Thank you

leveling ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Sigfodr.9576

Sigfodr.9576

have to get them all…
have to get them all…

but from old Tyria:
Fern hound (healing)
Jaguar (dmg)
Lynx (more dmg)

New HoT maps:
Tiger (dmg/fury)
Electric Wyvern (cc)
Smokescale (blind/smoke to blast invis)

is prob the main ones. rest are not bad, but 99% of the time this is the ones I use

leveling ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Sigfodr.9576

Sigfodr.9576

Ohh and for leveling you might want a bear for tanking so you can slack even when you meet a champ

leveling ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

get a brown bear and jaguar.
its easy to keep jaguar alive and it does some good dmg all tied to its f2.
brown bear just face tanks but also can remove 2 conditions from nearby allies.

leveling ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: ShortnCurly.9018

ShortnCurly.9018

Agree with all of above.

Pet number 1 should be damage, I use Lynx, but you can try stalker for extra might stacking, jaguar for its stalking F2 skill.
Smoke scale if you like a more tank like first pet with good DPS.

While leveling and getting use to being a ranger if you find your both dying a lot, keep a second more tank like pet handy, the brown bear for cure conditions, black bear but forget why and a marsh drake are good options.

The guys above didn’t mention ranged pets. If you or your pet don’t often die then scrap the tank pet and use a ranged pet Bristleback is the best option by far for huge DPS, second choice i use Jungle spider for its immobilising. This helps if your shooting something from a cliff or on a cliff etc.
note their range is shorter than yours at around 1000.

Proud member of uPOI, Undiscovered Point of Interest an OCX guild on NA.

leveling ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Eggyokeo.9705

Eggyokeo.9705

whilst leveling you should use the all to see what they do.

but when i leveled a second ranger and when im doing map completion i use a Drake for tankynes and AOE and a cat for damage usually River Drake and Lynx

oh and invest in the BM trait line as well it proberly our best trait line for leveling

leveling ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: F I R S T.3976

F I R S T.3976

Almost all of them are great(PvE wise). It should be learned by experience and make sure to pay attention at its health pool.. Just dont let it die and hit that f4 or f3 button wisely.

What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger