lol @ spirits =(

lol @ spirits =(

in Ranger

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

i had a spirit on my action bar for about 30 seconds. i summoned it, and almost instantly it got one-shotted by a random mob. spirits are now off my action bar until they are fixed.

ANet, fix spirits. please and thank you.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

lol @ spirits =(

in Ranger

Posted by: Sephirius.1457

Sephirius.1457

^^^^^^^ please. A-net.. you gaud darn listening??

lol @ spirits =(

in Ranger

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

spirits get one shotted now?

lol @ spirits =(

in Ranger

Posted by: Parvati.5780

Parvati.5780

spirits get one shotted now?

Non-ranger players in SPVP were complaining that ranger spirit builds were too “OP” so in one of the past patches Anet massively nerfed the health of spirits to the point that they’re barely useful. What’s worse is that monsters seem to zone in on them quickly since that patch.

lol @ spirits =(

in Ranger

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Yea, spirits have ridiculously low HP and are succeptabile to AOE damage all the time since their range is dismal. Not to mention their effects are so random that they’re unreliable.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

lol @ spirits =(

in Ranger

Posted by: gibby.9328

gibby.9328

man, when i saw a ranger run by me with his spirits all up and moving with him i was like “daaaaamn! that’s so cool! i’m rolling a ranger”

80 levels later, i finally specced to have my spirits follow me….. only to have them one shotted in dungeons and give almost no boons to anyone due to their horrible proc rate and radius.

needless to say i respecced right away =/

i’ve posted something about this and suggested having them immune to AoE damage and have them live until they are killed.

i know i am gonna get hated on for this comparison, but to me, they should be like shaman totems in WoW.

lol @ spirits =(

in Ranger

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

Like a good portion of our traits, they’re pretty useless and a waste of a spot in our character builds. I like at their buffs sometimes and think “Wow, the procs would be nice if the thing giving them wasn’t so useless and the proc rate so low.”

lol @ spirits =(

in Ranger

Posted by: saurus.8290

saurus.8290

spirits in gw1 were soo much better

they had better buffs, debufs
they had way better range of effect
they didnt die in one shot

now we have usless spirits that can follow us and die in 1 hit with very low chance of giving us a buff

i beg you devs change the spirits and BM, Natural trait tree

lol @ spirits =(

in Ranger

Posted by: That Bread Kid.5103

That Bread Kid.5103

@gibby

For some reason, I instinctively read your entire post in Aziz Ansari’s voice. I wasn’t disappointed. So… thank you for that.

But yeah I do wish I could enjoy some spirit love from my ranger. It was one of the concepts that initially drew me to the prof as well.

lol @ spirits =(

in Ranger

nerva.7940

I’m not a fan of the visual design either. The walking tree model is way overused.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian

lol @ spirits =(

in Ranger

Posted by: Zsymon.8457

Zsymon.8457

I don’t really understand why they overnerfed so many things in beta for so many professions.. they should have made minor adjustments or at least waited for a while after release, now many profession builds for almost all professions are completely broken, and professions like elementalist are totally out of whack, with the lowest health, lowest armor and lowest damage.

lol @ spirits =(

in Ranger

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

One of the things I hate most about spirits is that they take up four utility slots that our profession can’t use and prevent us from having a viable support line of utility skills. That’s four whole skills that could have been something remotely viable. The thing that makes this the biggest problem for me is that when I want to bring support skills for my party in dungeons, my utility skills don’t really offer me anything other than spirits, which are so bloody useless it’s not funny. They also make putting points in the vitality trait painful because half the traits are garbage because they support spirits which are practically useless.

The problem goes beyond spirits being bad. Because there are so many spirit skills and the mechanic of spirits is currently not viable and the spirits take up the support section of the ranger utilities, rangers don’t have viable support utilities. We can use pet shouts and a water combo field, but outside of racials, we don’t have equal access to viable support like other classes do because the support utilities we were given are obviously bad and broken for most content and there is still no fix (probably because PvP balance is once again dragging down the PvE game balance).

lol @ spirits =(

in Ranger

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Rangers in general are a mishmash of broken mechanics..

Pretty much anything remotely useful was nerfed to hell in beta.. and now we have this sad state of a class.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

lol @ spirits =(

in Ranger

nerva.7940

if it were up to me, id redesign spirits =( but it’s not up to me.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian

lol @ spirits =(

in Ranger

Posted by: Aethersong.5189

Aethersong.5189

Spirits really need to be fixed or reworked in some way. I tried rolling a pure spirit build once, but it just wasn’t viable.

lol @ spirits =(

in Ranger

Posted by: indi.9832

indi.9832

There just isn’t a viable build for Rangers right now. I would much rather use a lb, personally a lb seems suited for a ranger then a sb….
Spirit build = trash
Short bow = trash
Long bow = trash
Sick state that Rangers are in right now. They make decent craft alts I guess.

lol @ spirits =(

in Ranger

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

The only problem I really have with spirits is that they draw too much aggro. They don’t even attack (well, except for the activated ability of the storm spirit I guess), why are enemies so intent on killing them all the time? They shouldn’t be ignored completely or anything, but enemies are far too willing to kill them ASAP as it stands right now. When an enemy breaks contact with both myself and my pet who are both attacking it just to kill a spirit off to the side, there’s a problem. It wouldn’t be so bad if Rangers actually needed a decoy (I really wish enemies would go after my clones more often than me with my Mesmer) but Rangers have pets for that.

As far as low health, being succeptable to AoE and such… doesn’t seem like that much of a problem to me. Positioning them so that they’re out of harms way or keeping enemies away from them (not standing directly on top of them while using ranged attacks for example) I can see just being part of using the skill properly.

And the basic Spirit design I have no real problem with either. Sure, its random and that makes it somewhat unreliable, but the ability to buff a group for 60 seconds passively I think is pretty nice.

Spirits aren’t the only things that draw mysterious aggro though, I have the same problem with enemies pretty much instantly nuking my Sylvari racial ability to summon a healing flower the second I summon it too.

lol @ spirits =(

in Ranger

nerva.7940

rangers are far from useless. heck, they even have 1 or 2 viable builds for tpvp. but they are far from interesting or polished, unlike most other profs.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian

(edited by nerva.7940)