lvl 80 gear

lvl 80 gear

in Ranger

Posted by: Yuudai.5268

Yuudai.5268

I’ve been lvl 80 for some time now..And wondering what the best set is for me to go with..I hear the zerkers is what most people go with..
I play gs and shortbow

lvl 80 gear

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

General rule really is zerkers = pve

but with the new content comming out you’ll suffer with zerkers unless you know what to avoid.
some of the new bosses have immune effects , like the dust mite monste,r you have to burst quickly and kill quickly while avoiding the consistant cc effects from the dust mights .

and iv’e seen zerker gear spec drop extremely quickly even if they did get the dodges/evades done correctly since that gear stat isn’t realy made for longer battles and human error in long fights will tax your brain with a headache or two, if you plan on doing the newer content .

short bow shouldnt be used as a power stat weapon but as a hybrid at least and leans towards full condi(WvW)

id suggest a mix of cavaliers + assasins/beserker trinkets, but generaly higher the crit hit for a ranger more bleed procs while keeping that near zerker damage high through crits.

currently , im running

Pvt gear , 1x cavalier chest , 1 beserkers boots.
2 cavlier acessories, valk and zerker rings.
quiver T,P,C , beserker amulet.

Cavalier lb , assains Sword+dagger (or warhorn)
LB sigil of fire , momemtum
s/d or horn sigil of strenght , sigil of air.
spotter +frost (PvE)
runes of the ranger. , Wurm for more critical damage(use to run this got 215% damage at a lower crit hit rate of 54% with spotter, it didnt crit as much as my current but it hit for a lot lot more when it did crit but that made it slow base dps, i’ll proberly use wurm for WvW more)
crit hit 54%(with fury) 61-62% with spotter.
crit damage 198%

Traits
marksman adept , your choice i use steady focus
spotter
compainions might (6 half seconds)
wilderness survival
spirit to strenght
Master of choice ( PvE spirits trait)
grand master Survival of the fittest.

this will work with your gs+shortbow.
just change compaions might to bleeds on crit and sigil of momentum on the lb for Sigil of air since SB fires faster and use that with quicken zypher for some fast dps with lots of additional bleeds.

the cavailer armour and PvT (i use generaly to improve my toughness a little and the Vit from the PvT powers Spirit to strenght giving me more of a bonus)

i use hardend sharpening stone + Dragon candy corn 200+ power below 50% hp and grants 6% of toughness to Vit , boosting power through granted from the improved vit again.

ups the of power from Vit on the sharpening stone .
ups the stats on spirit to strenght by a little too.

my powers currently at 2189 without boon buffs.

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)

lvl 80 gear

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

The new content is still extremely trivial with berserkers. If you’re struggling with it, that’s all the more reason to not rely on the crutch of tankier armor. Get better, rather than getting worse.

lvl 80 gear

in Ranger

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

Why do you think zerker gear is only for PvE? I use it in WvW too and it’s pretty effective. It’s not as competitive as, lets say celestial gear, but it’s fun. As for PvE: I’ve never used anything else than zerker gear and I’m doing fine (except maybe high lvl. fractals). But the LS is completely doable with zerker gear.

So, in conclusion, zerker gear is the first thing you want to have as lvl. 80.

lvl 80 gear

in Ranger

Posted by: DesertRose.2031

DesertRose.2031

How to get endgame gear in the most convenient way:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/Best-PvE-build-for-engineer-and-investment/first#post4260538

Changes for Ranger:
- Don’t bother with runes for your masterwork armor
- Get an exotic 1H Sword and/or Greatsword first, then exotic Berserker armor

lvl 80 gear

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Why do you think zerker gear is only for PvE? I use it in WvW too and it’s pretty effective. It’s not as competitive as, lets say celestial gear, but it’s fun. As for PvE: I’ve never used anything else than zerker gear and I’m doing fine (except maybe high lvl. fractals). But the LS is completely doable with zerker gear.

So, in conclusion, zerker gear is the first thing you want to have as lvl. 80.

did i mention wvw , no . but a lot of the content is easly done with a zerker gear set up for pve.

lvl 80 gear

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

The new content is still extremely trivial with berserkers. If you’re struggling with it, that’s all the more reason to not rely on the crutch of tankier armor. Get better, rather than getting worse.

Trivial to you , or us Experianced players but its a right pain the kitten for Beginners. so my suggestion would be better till he learns the content.

lvl 80 gear

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Eh, I don’t agree with giving yourself a massive crutch. In other games, sure. But in GW2, the only difference is learning how to dodge or learning how to stand in AoE and get hit by critical attacks. It’s not worth it and makes you a bad player. The people complaining the can’t use melee in dungeons are almost certainly people who gave themselves crutches like using longbows in PvE or using PVT.

lvl 80 gear

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Celestial. Because you can use it with any (reasonable) style of play. Pets, Signets, Power, Condition, Hybrid, whatever… All weapons are fair game too.

Full zerker is the, ahem, meta… It’s very good for people who don’t want to get distracted with annoyances like downed allies (they should die already and get outta my way) and the likes.

All joking aside, berserker Armour can be useful, too. I am finding the ascended set better than the exotic—which is monkey feces. I even found one of the new achievements easier with it… Try them both as exotic with ranger runes and the META build to see which you like more in the new area. Try bows, swords, and a mix against giant and pinpal.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons