our Price for Balancing

our Price for Balancing

in Ranger

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I’ve been in sPvP trying to figure out a new build. Since the build I’ve been running was a dual cat Beast Master with a shortbow, it’s obviously taken a big hit. My anger is welling at the absolutely ridiculous cost it’s going to be to respect. All new gear?? What the heck is that Sure, it cost nothing in sPvP but, most of us are in PvE and WvW. Why should we get hit with such cost?

My question is, when they decide to rewrite the rules on a whim, why is it the customer that get’s stuck paying the price? I think if every couple of months they are going to force us to change our gear, they should cover the cost. There should be something, not just “oh well, tough” from Anet. There should at least be an event string or something that gives us 40 laurels. Which is nothing when you consider how many alts we all have.

Anyone else think if they change the rules, they should cover the cost?

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

our Price for Balancing

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

What do you want to do with your pet? Because you can always go with a 10/20/10/0/30 build, your pet does HEAVY condi and direct damage as you pew pew with your direct damage, nothing really changes…

If you were a tanky BM and you want to stay that way you can always go 0/10/X/X/30 -I- go 0/10/0/30/30 in PvE for more supporty stuff and my pets were actually buffed, granted i’m one of those weird people who wears Magi gear…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

our Price for Balancing

in Ranger

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Don’t pay it… don’t respec and don’t pay that money, honestly they ruin the profession then you’re willing to pay to change it…

I’m shocked at people..

our Price for Balancing

in Ranger

Posted by: jubskie.3152

jubskie.3152

What do you want to do with your pet? Because you can always go with a 10/20/10/0/30 build, your pet does HEAVY condi and direct damage as you pew pew with your direct damage, nothing really changes…

If you were a tanky BM and you want to stay that way you can always go 0/10/X/X/30 -I- go 0/10/0/30/30 in PvE for more supporty stuff and my pets were actually buffed, granted i’m one of those weird people who wears Magi gear…

Interesting. I was thinking of just the same thing. A condition pet and running 10/20/10/0/30. Which pets are you running with this?

I’ve had mild success with the Eagle’s Lacerating Slash (lol 2 stacks of 21 seconds of bleed every 5 seconds). The traited Jaguar is still the same since the bleeds from his crits deal offset the lost damage from the nerfed Maul. I’ve yet to try Lynx with this, but oh man does it look nasty. Fully traited, it’s 30 seconds of 4 stacks of bleeding on a 30 second cd, and it gets affected by the Rending Attacks trait.

Spiders are slightly better, but the damage still feels lacking for a build invested 30 deep in BM.

I should really update the Useful pets with 5/0 in BM guide with all of this XD

Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG] Desolation
Doing It With Style
www.exg-guild.com

our Price for Balancing

in Ranger

Posted by: archied.6180

archied.6180

My question is, when they decide to rewrite the rules on a whim, why is it the customer that get’s stuck paying the price? I think if every couple of months they are going to force us to change our gear, they should cover the cost.

I was thinking about it from the opposite perspective. They want people to pump money into the game. When they throw a wrench into the classes, I bet the amount of revenue that gets pumped into the game through gems goes through the roof. So yes the customer gets stuck with the price – that’s exactly what they want.

With no monthly fee, I guess they have to make money somehow . . .

our Price for Balancing

in Ranger

Posted by: gawker.8340

gawker.8340

I’d pay a modest monthly fee if they can manage a decent balance. Really I would pay because I’d rather spend more time playing than complaining.